It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI Wav File?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Saw this www.youtube.com...
posting and I had to forward to see if anyone here knows if it's legit or not. The poster outright lies should it be a fake. And yeah, it does sound like the Transformers, a lot.... thanks in advance....

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah, I have to say 'fake'.

If you listen to the end of the audio it definitely sounds like it not only has structure but melody. SOunds to me like a piece of music that's been severly messed with.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What? Alien beings can't be into music? That's what could be amazing should the thing be, gulp, real! That they're music fans! Would not surprise me one bit anyway!

Uh, anyone of SETI experience, can you shed some light on this?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
So how did the file just 'download' to your computer?

Did a windows pop up come up and say Save/Run/Cancel? Did it save it in your My Music folder?

Are you sure you had your Norton Firewall up and running? Surely an alien race would have been thwarted by this and perplexed by its unbreakable firewall capabilities.

I've been running Seti@Home (over 50,000 packets in the old days) and BOINC (over 9000 units so far), and it's never requested something to be saved.

I'm a stern believer that we are not alone in our galaxy, and many races of aliens have already been here (but that's another story). Maybe Seti someday will find something... but not today.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Music is one thing. The use European/North American popular music phrasing would be another matter entirely

[edit on 10/9/2007 by uv777bk]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Radact, it didn't dload to MY computer -- I found it on youtube. Surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention, the usual round of "FAKE!" Or something else..... I like to believe people before calling them liars and this is too wild to leave alone. Anyone w/ some thoughts?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
...and I still think this deserves a double-take since it COULD be real...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is simply a piece of music being distorted in: Audacity/Soundforge/Cool Edit - It's nothing more.

They used very few filters too.

Convolution
Distortion -> Overdrive
Time Stretch -> resample/solo instrument (lots of echo, and meshing)
Hard Limiting

and that's most likely it.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I have to agree, it's sounds like distorted music at the end. I don't understand why this would be from SETI or how it was injected.

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
...looked at the guy's Youtube page and he's got nothing of 'alien' interest up there... still think it's odd but I hear the posters about it could just be a weird kid messing w/ audio software....

here's a 'secret NASA transmission' UFO Youtube clip that's decent, about 8 or 9 minutes...

youtube.com...

[edit on 12-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 12 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
Yeah, I have to say 'fake'.

If you listen to the end of the audio it definitely sounds like it not only has structure but melody. SOunds to me like a piece of music that's been severly messed with.

I agree. Sounds like a death metal song that's been seriously messed with in audio editing software to me...

Jimbo

top topics

join