It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Werewolves Do they Exist, or are they just a myth?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I believe they do indeed exist, along with vampires, but not exactly the movie kind, that is pretty fake. I am endulged into werewolf & vampire folklore and I've come to the conclusion they both indeedly exist.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My cousins have seen a wolf. I didn't believe them because i live in Louisiana and as far as i know I don't think we have any wolves here. But one night I saw it too> It was really big and white a believe It looked white my mom and dad saw it too. It was crazy I havent seen it lately though last time i saw it,it was in September but I don't know if it was a werewolf though. I believe they exist!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Also a very well documented story is from the 18th centruy, south-east France. Even the Vatican was involved is this case! Markus Heitz, who is a famous author in fantasy novels in Europe has written 2 books (called Ritus and Sanctum, don't know if they are available in the US though) based on this well documented case history.

Just google "the beast of gevaudan".

Yes I believe in the very existence of vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters etc. These concepts are a part of our collective consciousness for a reason.
Anyhow the stories are fascinating!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
When i was a teenager i lived in a small country town in the south east of Australia, there were these 2 brothers that i went to high school with that i always thought were very strange looking and kinda resembled werewolves...i mean there was just something about their head and faces...it's hard to explain but anyways....i had this friend and one day she came up to me all serious saying that she had been talking to those boys and they told her they were werewolves....i just laughed at her but she was still very serious and told me that they proved it to her...but she would never tell me how they proved it....but she was always dead serious about it.

Well it doesn't prove anything i know but it always made me wonder! I had never told my friend that i thought they looked "werewolfish" but well i guess they maybe also realised they looked like that and so used it to pull a prank on my friend, although its not like i ever heard anyone tease them about looking like werewolves....maybe i was the only one who thought this lol.

Also i had another friend who once told me that she believes in werewolves because of a strange experience she had one night.....there is a lookout tower in the middle of the forest on the edge of the town and I can't remember properly now the story but it was something about them hearing strange noises while they were in the tower and then going back to their car and finding scratch marks all over it....well there was more to the story than that but i can't remember it....but there was something to it that led her to believe werewolves were involved!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i believe they do exist in fact sometimes i even beleive i am one i have problems remebering what i kave done the night before silver makes me cold and i preferr rare meat over any thing else. as to the changing i beleive its like sleep walking therefore i sleep next to my window. my dad is part indian, my grand father is indian, i beleive the changing skipped a few generations. i also experience very quick mood swings that are over basically nothing and i dont get cold anymore

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hey everybody, yes I believe in werewolves and everything else that goes bump in the night. Personally, no I have never seen a werewolf, although I would love to, perhaps even have the chance to become one. As for becoming one I would say your best bet would to get into Wicca or any other magical arts.
There is times though when maybe not too apparent but I can feel my body change, eyes change colors, voice gets deeper, things like that.

Don't quite know if that means anything or not, an no its not puberty lmao, I'm 20 years old so. Anyways just food for thought, maybe some of you have had experiences like that too, would love to hear if you have.

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I really like your idea, it's a smart one.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
lets take it as a disease ... maybe its a mutation of some sort to change the shape, the process being done faster then reverse the process by transforming back to human form .... and probably because of the many cases, it took the definition of race. for example why do some species of lizards grow back their tail, arm, if broken or cut down ? are humans such a simple race? nothing special now or then ? sorry if my english isn`t too good

waiting for replies

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
We can clearly see the effects of Twilight on some of our youths. I've seen afew Vampire threads along with this one.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
well never mind ... its not Twilight
i just have a big imagination

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by scipp

no problem i belive in werewolves i just wanna know how to be one i am sick of beiing the fool of the class my parents dont know that i am doiing this and i dont wanna be just an idiot maybe you make me a fool but thats me
see you later

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by scipp

ONE MORE QUESTION WHO IS ACTUALLY A WEREWOLF?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Well, I'm not saying I'm a werewolf, but there are some people who have incredibly heightened senses and excellent night vision for one reason or another, and they are more in tune with nature than anything else. I am one such person, I do have golden eyes (it's a form of Hazel, just not green.), and yes, the moon does have effects on me. No, I do not change shape.

As for the matter...

I do believe that at one point in time, werewolves did exist, along with vampires and witches. There are those in the past that have had the ability to shape-shift- it says so in the Holy Bible. (One book of which I believe every single word.)

The question of their existence now, however, is still to be determined. If they do, the blood would be so diluted due to various circumstances, that it wouldn't matter. For instance, if my heightened senses and night vision were from a bloodline of werewolves, it wouldn't be any different from someone descending from a retarded person, or a psychologically unstable person. Some things would be passed on, and others suppressed- you can see this daily in persons who have brown or green eyes whose parents both had blue eyes. It's simply a matter of genes.

So I guess in a nutshell, I'm not really saying either way. I do lean towards the fact that they did exist at one point in time, however. The notion of the paranormal like this is simply too widespread to deny that.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Yes werewolves do exist. Unfortunately we can not transform like in movies. Were stuck in these weak bodies just like the rest of you humans.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

"Weak Bodies"? "You humans"?

Seriously.

Absolutely pathetic.

Werewolves are nothing like that.

And, as someone who constantly researches supernatural creatures, items, and people. I know that werewolves are extremely interesting creatures.

When this information is acknowledged, I will share my thoughts.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As cool as werewolves are, they are not real. The amount of energy it would take to turn a human to a wolf alone, would kill them. Even if they were real, chances are if the change would be gradual and permanent.

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grimbeeper3

werewolves are real and to humans we look like normal human beings when we shift, a human must have what is called magical sight to see my kind, unless you come across a physical shifter which is rare. and some times we are just beings who spiritually shift and who have heightened senses.

edit on 23-2-2012 by PackAlpha1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2012 by PackAlpha1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
woot?
xD

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightshade93

Everything you wrote is the same as me, spooky, even the Indian part, and i also am fascinated by full moons, i also have and had the urge to howl at the moon. Hope i havn't eaten too many people
Also my night vision is excellent and my senses are very good, 20/20 vision and can hear people talking across the road.
edit on 23-2-2012 by goinglocodowninacapulco because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by goinglocodowninacapulco

pure blooded werewolves don't shift during the full moon if your shifting during a full moon you are either a cursed werewolf or a newbie

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join