It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts explained through physics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Simple question, Hoping for a complex answer.

Can ghosts be accounted for by further research into "string" and "multiverse" theory?
We all know the basic tenants of these theorys.

I would also like to propose a research project.

Deep

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I in no way claim to be an expert, but...

It seems to me that it can be explained, especially if you view each string or universe as overlapping others (ie. not exclusive). Stephen Hawking, in his book "The origin of the universe" (I think this is the name) suggests that time is not necessarily linear, but that it can, in places, curl back on itself, leading to loops in time.

Now, for strings and multiverses. Is it not possible that ghosts can be explained as spirits or beings "caught" in one of these loops, as overlapping strings or universes somehow become linked?

Sorry if this is confusing. This theory worked out so much better in my head.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I have come to believe that at least some of ghost apperences are just a recording in the energy field kinda like a tape caught on a loop or a record (remember them) skipping.

A partial window between demonsions is another interesting theory if that is what you mean by multiverse.

I have only heard of string theory in passing do you have a link?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
superstringtheory.com...

Here you go.

What I was suggesting was if Ghosts are apearing through dimention rifts of sort.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I like the idea that some ghosts are just a "skipping" in the energy field. This jives with what I was talking about earlier. I believe that a realm (for lack of a better word) exists outside of time and dimensionality. I suppose this could be the "energy field" you mention. When a person dies, their spirit is released from their human, physical body. It is therefore also (normally) released from the bounds of this dimension, and is free to move into the outer realm. It is this outer realm that contains both heaven and hell, but as this is not the religion forum, I won't go into that here.

Now, for ghosts. The "repeating" ghosts, I think, are spirits that for whatever reason have not been able to move out of this dimension, and get caught in another, looped dimension, explaining why they are able to come and go, and always do the same thing. Spirits that seem to have free will, on the other hand, are ones that move between dimensions at will.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Free will, yes I agree with that statement.

I do believe that entities do exists that have capabilites that transcend the physical realm.

These being could very well have the same ability to reason and self-relfect as you and I, but simply jump around dimension to dimension.

Deep

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I've read a few articles about similar topics. One item I found interesting. Many people seem to feel a chill in the room or a dramatic decrease in room temperature in haunted areas or while experiencing a paranormal event. Some paranormal researches explain this by saying that for a spirt/ghost/entity to materialize, it draws energy from around it (taking energy from air = colder). Also, many paranormal researches measure for changes in magnetic fields in the area, implying that ghosts/spirits/entities have some sort of electromagnetic effect. Who knows if its true, but interesting stuff to think about !

And also, maybe these electromagnetic fields are caused by those "rifts" from overlapping universes?

Also with string theory, researches are leaning towards the idea that the universe itself has around 10-11 dimensions, and we interact just 3 dimensions on the "surface" of this 10-11 dimensional universe. In other words, we're like a hologram. There are many interesting things about this, and I'm sure some features of this could be used to explain some paranormal phenomenon

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Many people seem to feel a chill in the room or a dramatic decrease in room temperature in haunted areas or while experiencing a paranormal event.

Iv felt this at times aswell.

To be honest I have the slightest clue as to why this occurs.

Deep

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The last theory I heard, and probably the most popular, is there are 11 dimensions; like thin sheets lined up next to each other, and they oscillate (for want of a better word). But I don't think they overlap - and overlapping dimensions would have been my first port of call as to the origin of ghosts. Two other possible explanations are of course that ghosts reside in another dimension altogether, or that they have somehow become stuck inbetween. I can't really see how the first theory would explain how it is that we see and feel the presence of ghosts because although we are parallel to their dimension, we don't overlap with theirs, so aren't in the same position. Or so I would have thought? I can only assume that there are different positions (as in latitude, longitude, for example) on a dimensional scale. I realise of course that this may very well not be the case, but with my puny human brain I can't quite get my head round any other possibilities

The second one is a little harder to fathom seeing as I have no clue what is supposed to be inbetween the dimensions, but there has to be something there, separating them, and it is logical to assume that it must be crossed to pass from one dimension to another. So perhaps it is possible to stay there, or get lost, or become trapped - or something like that. In which case, they wouldn't quite be in our dimension, but they wouldn't quite be in the next one either. So it is possible we may still be able to sense them (etc); just not as vividly or solidly as those of us who are 100% present in this dimension.

Well that's my two cents. It might not make sense and it might have repeated what practically everyone else has said, but hey

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Erm, just realised I haven't mentioned strings in that anywhere. But, I did get my dimension theory from Brian Greene, which is something

I'll think on the string thing.

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Might I make some suggestions.......I think if you look at reports of Shadow People - which by the way, most agree are NOT ghosts, and read the book "Hunt for the Skinwalker", I think you may see a tie into the theory of Hyperspace. I think at least some of the paranormal beings we are seeing in the field, can certainly be explained through physics.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The first test would be the abilty for everyone to see it.

Zeitun, Eypgt 1968
www.youtube.com...

I suppose you would have to know where the power is coming from to understand this. I'm pretty sure you can study this one and use this as your first case study.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
ZeroDeep,

Ever heard of an EVP with talking that does not make sense? It isn't English or any other known language but it is talking.

Do you think that every parallel universe would create the very same language we use in ours?

Obsidience

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I was the manager of two cemeteries for 4 years (along with my grandmother)...and spending that much time with death gave me a unique perspective on the "afterlife".
Remember in grade school when we learned about the Light-Spectrum, and how all the colors that the human eye can see make up only a fraction of that spectrum? I believe that life is like that, that there is a Life-Spectrum. And just like there are energies that we cannot perceive in the Light spectrum because of the way our eyes are built...accordingly, there are other worlds (alternate realities) going on in the Life spectrum that we cannot experience because of the limitations of our physical bodies.
This would explain the presence of ghosts (or spirits, whatever you call'em)...energies, in different dimensions of the same Life-Spectrum.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've reviewed many paranormal studies and I think the most plausible explanation is that "ghosts" are usually human entities on some cases demonic/evil, and they become stuck in a parralel of our dimension and the "after-life", because they don't realize they are dead and or they are attempting to recollect and figure out what it is they must accomplish before they can ascend from the this dimension.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder if what are perceived as ghosts are really people living in their time which sometimes briefly overlaps ours.They occupy the same area because it is their area just in a different era.Perhaps they briefly saw us or some part of us unexplainable and scary because the logic of the time didn't allow for anything other than spirits.The old stories of ghosts could be the old ones witnessing their meeting with us hundreds of years ahead.

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroDeep

I find it interesting that a lot of time when people have a ghost sighting it is often a repeat of an event that happened. Sometimes it seems as if the person who went through the event is trying to reach out, while at other times it might be seem like a link in dimensions. A good example would be the driver seen on the A3, which led to the discovery of his body. (www.getsurrey.co.uk...) What if we are just locking on to the original event through a dimension in which it has not yet occurred, or is happening at that very moment (cryptid.hubpages.com...)?

emailwire.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
E8xE8' heterotic superstring theory predicts that there are two types of superstrings: singlet states of E8' that are superstrings of ordinary matter confined to a 10-d space-time sheet and singlet states of E8 that are superstrings of shadow matter confined to a 10-d space-time sheet that is parallel to the first sheet but separated by a segment along the 11th dimension of supergravity space-time. Shadow matter is invisible to humans composed of ordinary matter and ordinary matter would be invisible to any entities composed of shadow matter. Ghosts are of three kinds: 1. non-interactive holograms showing repetitive behaviour because they are experienced as brief recordings of real people who lived in the past; 2. earth-bound spirits retaining their shadow matter bodies, which are confined to (and trapped in) the shadow matter universe so that they cannot communicate or interactphysically with matter confined to the ordinary matter universe (nothing except gravity acts across the dimensional gap between the two space-time sheets), 3. discarded shadow matter bodies not housing the consciousness of a dead person which are undergoing dissolution (often called "ghouls").

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join