It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SSSC) Mr. Bones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Number 2- Ok, this one is not quite as gorey. A more family friendly story. lol

Location: A quaint little antique shop called Pandora's Box. (anybody town USA)
Just passing through a small town Kelly see's a cute little antique shop and stops.
Kelly enters the store. Behind the counter was an elderly woman named Selena.
Kelly was looking around, but seemed fixed on one item.

Selena: "Can I help you with something dear."?
Kelly: "Yea, I was wondering how much you want for the skeleton? That would make a great Halloween decoration."
Selena: "That old thing has been in the store, since I bought the place. Well over 30 years now. It's real human bones.
I reckon, it was used for teaching medical students or something. I suppose I could let it go fer... um....let's say $75.00?"
Kelly: " WOW that's great, I'll take it!" (Kelly digs into her purse and pulls out her wallet)
Kelly: "Here you go mam and thank-you"
Selena: "Sorry I don't have a bag big enough for it to fit in."
Kelly: "That's ok, I'll just put it in my trunk. My car is parked right out front."

(Kelly takes the skeleton and leaves the store. She opens the trunk and puts the skeleton in. (laughing and thinking I'll call you Mr. Bones)
Kelly had to drive another 50 miles to her hometown of Granite Falls. It was getting dark and it started raining. In less then an hour she pulls into her driveway. Her 8 year old daughter Samatha (Sam for short) comes running out of the house all excited.

Sam: " Did ya get me anything ma? I've been good ask dad."
Kelly: " I got another Halloween decoration for you. It'll go great with all your pumpkins and witches."
Kelly opens the trunk and pulls out Mr. Bones....
Kelly: "Well what do ya think?"
Sam: "Cool,,,,,Can I carry it into the house ma, so I can show dad?"
Kelly: "Ok, but let's hurry we're getting all wet."
The rain is coming down harder and lightening streaks the sky.
Sam: "Look dad what mommy got me isn't he cool?"
Kelly gives John a kiss on the cheek and say's, "Hi hun, sorry I'm late."
John: "I've got dinner ready. Your favorite stuffed pork chops and applesauce."
Kelly: "I'm so blessed to have you sweety. Just give me a few minutes to help Sam hang-up the skeleton I got her ok"

John set the table with pork chops,applesauce, fresh green beans, salad and sweet potatoes with brown sugar and melted marshmallows.
John: "Is that where your're gonna hang that thing"?
Kelly: " For right now until it stops raining then I'm gonna put it on the porch."
John: " Oh,... ok.... I guess, it just looks so damn real is all."

Kelly's thinking maybe she shouldn't tell him it's a real human skeleton.......

Sam: "Don't cha like it daddy. Isn't it great!"
John: "Ummm, I guess so. Ok, let's eat the foods getting cold."

After dinner John and Kelly did the dishes while Sam took a bath. It was getting late and past her bedtime.
Later..................

Sam: "I can't wait till tomorrow. Halloween whoopee! Nite mommy and daddy."
"Good nite darling", both respond. Sam goes upstairs to her bedroom.

John still feels uneasy about the skeleton hanging, in the front room. He goes towards it and touches it.

John: "Hun, I think this thing is real bones."
Kelly: "I suppose it could be, it's pretty old." (Kelly doesn't want to lie)

John takes a magnify glass off the table and examines it further.

John: "It is a real human skeleton Kelly. It's porous and calcified!"
Kelly: "It probably was used in a medical school is all."
John: "Well, I don't want Sam having it. It's just not right to keep something like this around. You understand, don't you darling.?
Kelly: "I guess your right dear. We'll get her a plastic one tomorrow and give this one to the college."

They both agree and John takes the skeleton out to the shed. John and Kelly watch tv for awhile and head to bed.

The rain is constant and there's a rumbling noise going on, in the shed. "I want to go home, I want to go home, I WANT TO GO HOME!"
Kelly: " Did you hear something John?"
SCREAMS HEARD coming from the shed, " I WANT TO GO HOME!"
John: "What the heck is that. I'll go check it out. Stay here! "

John grabs his gun and a flashlight and heads toward the shed. The door is open and swinging in the wind. He turns on the small light and notes the skeleton is gone. He continues looking around, but no skeleton. He shuts the door to the shed and returns to the house. Telling Kelly, " Someone must of stole the skeleton..... it's no where to be found!"
The next day was Halloween and they bought Sam another skeleton. A plastic one this time...........

A week later.......

Kelly was driving home past Pandora's Box Antique Shop and there in the window.............
Was the skeleton....Mr. Bones! She didn't stop this time, instead put the Pedal to the Metal and headed home!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Cute story, yes a good old fashion family story. One thing, I recently wrote a story where I told about my 2 cats Sam and Selena...

Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Dude I'm feeling Mr. Bones on that one.

I don't like being locked in the shed either!!

Monkey

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
MntStar, this story needed to be read by many more people it is a fantastic family tale, one that deserves Popcorn balls and hot coco on a cold Oct. night!

Happy Halloween my good friend!
(Don't eat too much candy on Halloween night)

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
this was another story my kids liked. I also enjoyed it, perfect campfire story. Nicely done

top topics

join