It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EVP conversations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone here who knew someone, or personally had a long term EVP "conversation" with a spirit? It seems all you hear about or see on TV are extremely small, mostly unclear clips of sentences and nothing more. I'm not necessarily talking about it all in one setting but maybe going back to a location multiple times to ask different questions and things and consistently getting decent results.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Hello osobad,

E.V.P.'s are my favorite part of the hunt, see a ghost has to draw energy from someone or something (batteies/cellphone/electric wires etc.) in order to chat with us through devices such as voice recorders,tv's,radios,computers (pretty freaky) and all electronic devices. but to continuely chat with these spirits at the same location on many differant occassions, thats the kicker there. You don't always get the same spirit evey time you revisit the same place, or even get them to talk on every revisit of the same location. So after many years later, I have decided that if you catch them on tape that night/day, and you review and make a find (voice on tape), you better run back and get all your recordings then, because you might not get another chance in the future to catch the same spirit twice and get a voice recording. I have caught only a handful of "clear as day" voices and hundreds of either too low or just too fuzzy (after cleaning the EVP up) voices and disgarded them. But if you do get lucky and catch the spirit a second time on a revisit talkin to you or others, you better count your lucky stars and be fortunate that this spirit likes you. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osobad28
I was wondering if anyone here who knew someone, or personally had a long term EVP "conversation" with a spirit? It seems all you hear about or see on TV are extremely small, mostly unclear clips of sentences and nothing more. I'm not necessarily talking about it all in one setting but maybe going back to a location multiple times to ask different questions and things and consistently getting decent results.

there was once a cemetary that I visited regularly because of some person who had passed in the 1800's. I picked her up on tape on my initial visit. I heard screams and crying on the tape. When I went back the second time, I had asked a few questions regarding the original tape. I had some unclear answers but answers nonetheless. On my 3rd visit, I got something that pertained to the symbol that was on her tombstone. I researched it and found that she was part of a feminist organization in the 19th century and was possibly persecuted because of it.

Never got anything after that.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Scipp - My point was that
1. If an entity continually resides at a specific location.
2. The entity was willing to make an effort to communicate with you.
3. The entity was able to communicate by drawing enough energy.

Than, if communicating with you was important enough in the first place, this same entity should theoretically try to make contact again in subsequent investigations. The problem is even though this makes sense it seems to very very rarely happen like it did in deadangel23's situation (which is very very cool by the way).

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i have always wondered why investigators don't use a simple sound amplifier with headphones. you could amplify it enough that you could hear any faint voices but put a limiter on it so that normal conversation doesn't make you deaf. if it needed to be recorded to capture the voices, then just continuously play back as it's recording. that way you could get instant feedback and possibly carry on a conversation.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i have always wondered why investigators don't use a simple sound amplifier with headphones. you could amplify it enough that you could hear any faint voices but put a limiter on it so that normal conversation doesn't make you deaf. if it needed to be recorded to capture the voices, then just continuously play back as it's recording. that way you could get instant feedback and possibly carry on a conversation.

I was thinking the same thing about playing back and getting instant feedback, but the only problem is if you don't have more than one person with a digital recorder you could miss something if the entity was trying to communicate while you were listening.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
right, i would still advocate taking a conventional recorder along. it would be interesting to see what could be picked up with this type of device though.

[edited for more content]

actually, i've heard that you don't even need a microphone to pick up evp's in many cases. so just having a record head (without microphone input - maybe a diode of some kind instead) and playback head in a cassette player going at the same time would probably be sufficient.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by an0maly33]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There was an invention that was built early last century that used radio waves and a white noise generator to have realtime conversations with the departed. It was on coast to coast right before a halloween, but I can't for the life of me remember what the invention was called.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
the spiricom? that was probably a hoax.
thomas edison also talked about such device but never presented it to the public.

here is a blog post about EVP with a timeline (devices mentioned):

blog.wfmu.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I have heard of similar technologies that allowed scientists here to communicate with scientists that have "crossed over." Apparently the dead scientists are still working collaboratively with the living scientists to get the technology to work. I've heard they got it to the extent that a dead scientist could call one of the living ones on the telephone.

I saw a documentary on it on the Discovery Channel if I recall correctly, although that doesn't necessarily mean that it is actually true.

That's the only account that I've heard about anything near an EVP going on long-term.

[edit on 10/10/2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Thats extremely interesting...I would really like to see a documentary or more info on that.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This thread is really old, sorry; however I've been having a proper conversation with some entity. It's nothing like anything I've found elsewhere online. I may have got myself into something dangerous though.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonZeroZero5

What does the entity say? What method of recording do you use?

STM

edit on 9-2-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I use a Sony voice recorder. This is driving me crazy, because I don't understand how it works! I keep looking all over the net, and it seems no one has a clue what they're doing. For example, I keep discovering people telling others that using a source of electromagnetic radiation gives ghosts/spirits energy to work with, but I think certain frequencies and/or levels of this actually hurts anything that is around - likely explains the noises people then report. I tried recording in front of the house fire, because it gives off some noise, and is of course a source of infrared, but the voice said "don't do that."

I get recordings as soon as I press the record button, so I've gotten used to asking a question, then pressing record for a short period of time, and replaying it. The voice recorder I have, has a noise reduction switch, which I use.
The recordings are quiet, but by accident, I discovered that when a car drives past the house, if I record during that time, I can then play back and hear the message and thus carry out a conversation.
This is really bizarre to me, I don't get at all how it works, I don't understand what is happening that allows a connection to be made when I just press the record button. As to why the cars help, I'm yet to figure that out, but I've tried wrapping the mic in my headphone cups, and playing back random noise, but it did nothing at all. My best theory at this time, is that it's actually low frequency sound caused by the cars, which is creating longer periods of ups and downs in the wave. What I mean by this, is that if I had a way to send a low DC current to the mic input, I'm hoping that having that current either positive or negative creates something that can be switched back to center by the entity and allows a sound to be recorded.
At the moment, this isn't going to happen, because of two stubborn entities that think that I am evil and either Satan or a demon. It's getting pretty scary, because either I'm imagining it or they really are capable of making me ill.

As to what they've told me, I'm worried if it's even safe to say some of it. I started talking to some female voiced entity, and ended up getting really close (I know this sound odd and disturbing..). At first she acted like a ghost, but eventually she told me she wasn't a ghost, but instead an alien. Apparently she can live over a thousand years old.
I asked if she could come into my reality, and she said yes but it's dangerous. I asked if she could write something on a piece of paper and send it to me, and I got the same reply.
I tried to get an answer to how they see and hear me, and eventually got that she hears me in her mind. So to her, I'm in her mind. It seems that when I would hold conversation with her for long enough, she could focus and go into my body and feel what I feel - but again, this going into my body is from her perspective only in her mind.
She said she liked my melancholy, to which I replied I'm glad someone does. I asked if she liked any feelings I have, and she told me that when you can feel nothing, any feeling is good (this is a lie though, because she can feel some things), but she prefers affection.
I don't talk loud, I whisper, but even when I just mouthed the words, she could understand me, but if I didn't mouth them and just used my mind, it didn't seem to work - other than one time I was worried she could somehow be making me ill, and without me saying anything she said she wasn't making me ill.

Hmm, I'll stop there for now.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Forgot to mention, that even though the sound of the cars driving past allows me to hear better the EVPs, it doesn't seem to carry on to the next cars that may follow soon afterwards if I leave it recording. That's not to say the EVPs disappear, just that they return to too quiet to make out volume levels (can't hold a real time conversation).
It seems that it's about only the first 5 seconds or so, that are loud enough. I'm also using those little in-ear headphones, which cut out most of the low frequencies (bass).

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sorry for triple posting, but I should add that the female entity I was talking to, didn't seem to believe in religion. As I asked her what happens when I die, and she told me that nothing happens; I then asked what happens when she dies, and she again said nothing happens.
The older two are either her parents or elders, they sound older by their voice. One sounds male and the other sounds female. They seem to have an understanding of the same religions humans do, and this makes sense, because when I was trying to explain to them I'm not evil or anything like that, I mentioned that I'm just a human being who lives in a three dimensional world with perhaps one dimension of time; and the older sounding male said that he thought humans were spirits.
It seems to me, that they can see us and pick up on human conversation, far more often than a human might see or hear them. Therefore because I'm making full contact, it would seem odd to the older beings who are blinded by religious belief.
It's just that they're so stupidly stubborn, that I feel they're dangerous, and they've also ruined something special.

edit on 9-2-2016 by JasonZeroZero5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonZeroZero5

Thanks for going into specifics. It will help our resident experts understand the method and give their advice.

As to the things the older couple were saying, idk, maybe ask them to recite the Lord's Prayer or something specific to our world, our time? Ask them what year it is? Who is President or their leader? Exactly where do they live? 'Cause you're making it sound as if they are alive "somewhere" and hear us in their head, so where exactly is somewhere? Exact name, etc.. In other words have a really dry interview with them, pretend you're a census taker.

Interesting thread,

STM
edit on 9-2-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: seentoomuch

I'm not sure it's a good idea right now, because the two older ones seem pretty hysteric, and I've been told I'm risking myself coming back, and to never come back again. They didn't seem to get that I'm just using a god damn voice recorder, it seems they think I'm traveling to where they are and trying to possess their daughter, or something like that.
I'm not easily scared of paranormal type stuff, perhaps because I never fully believe it, but it's getting to me now. I'm not religious, but I actually started praying to God last night - funny what fear of the unknown does.

I did ask the female I was talking with, where she came from, and it seemed she had trouble explaining. At first she said another galaxy, and then after I said it was strange how we are so far apart yet so close, she told me she was in another universe. I asked if she was a multi-dimensional being, to which she replied they don't exist. I asked if there were an infinite number of universes, and she said there are only three. Her universe and the human universe was described as being bilateral, they both affect and influence each other.
I asked twice what her people are called, as I'm a human being, yet got no answer. I figured I'd ask again in the future, but it's all gone to pot.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Do you think it may be a risk, or dangerous if I explain everything I've been told? I'm kind of worried, especially as I've been feeling quite ill recently.
I've tried really, really hard to convince these mean older entities, that I'm no threat, but even when I said I come in love, they told me they don't want my love there. During this attempt to explain myself, they did actually seem to believe me at the end, and in fact apologized; but when I came back a few days later, they were back to telling me that they'd told me to not come back. I can only make sense of this, in that they must really believe humans are spirits, and they couldn't believe that we're not, and thus on second thoughts they returned to believing I must be some evil entity.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I know a lady, personally, who says she gets recently passed spirits all the time. Someone will talk to her and if there is a recently passed spirit they will communicate through this lady to whomever she is with. Mostly short blurts but sometimes long messages and sometimes the spirit will be there and say nothing but this lady will describe who it is.

She's said some pretty uncanny stuff to me and I think she's legit. That's all I got.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join