It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

an interesting picture

page: 1

join
share:
tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
July 1986 National Geographic Magazine- cover - Liberty lifts her lamp. The picture that intrigues me is this . A ceremonial picture taken on Governors Island, New York. Now in the background stand the twin towers of the World Trade Center. In the Foreground- A uniformed man stands at attention. Just behind him is this huge cannon the barrell points directly at the twin towers. The towers in the photo stand between two flags on masts held by uniformed men. The flag on the left is the US flag with gold braid. On the right is a flag that is white, the words E. Pluribus Unum are visible.

I will make no statement other than "A collectors Item"

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by tr]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Do you have a link to the picture? I haven't seen it before and would like to

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Yeah put up a link or the graphic itself. It sounds simply delicious. Would like some of the masonic brothers that hang out here to comment on it and what it may mean.

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't have a link it was in the magazine. I probably would be infringing some copyright to post it from a scanner.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Not if you cite where you got it from

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
how do you put pictures in a post?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
i guess you do the same thing as you did with your avatar. Upload it then enter it into the post by clicking the " Insert an image " box next to the # symbol and the "Insert email hyperlink" icon.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You can see the cover here but I cant make out much in the background, it is a pretty small shot of it. I'm assuming you're talking about another pic contained in this issue.

www.geocities.com...

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Pic
This is the largest image I've found thus far..

tr

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
That's the issue. The article is about New York harbor. I pulled it down from my wall and I see The caption under the photo says it's a color gaurd of the Coast Gaurd. "Gaurdian of the harbor since 1790, the Coast Gaurd oversees vessel safety, pollution control, and ship movement. A color gaurd flanks Captain of the Port Arthur E. Henn at Castle Williams, an 1810 fort on Governor's Island."
I apologize, but I cannot post it without permission.

I looked up Arthur Henn and found that a Arthur Henn-Vice Admiral Arthur E. Henn, Vice-Commandant of the Coast Gaurd from 1994-1996,died March 28,2001 at Tampa General Hospital. He was 60 yrs old -St. Petersburg Times pub. Mar.31 2001 His burial was scheduled for april 11
Another finding is at the 1995 Cincinnati Navy League he was a guest speaker, as were numerous others including Dick Cheney

He was apparently a very important man. Some of his duties were security and environmental enforcement.

Arthur Eugene(Gene) Henn

After reading some on this man, he strikes me as very honorable and dedicated to the service of the nation.
Some of the problems he dealt with were: enforcing 1990 laws requiring double hulls on oil freighters, establishing procedures for limited release of oil from ships to prevent sinking and increased environmental damage. His office was involved in administering recovery of oil and minimized the damage from the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by tr]

top topics

join