It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some hardcore advice!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, for awhile now i've been wondering the truth about the alien ufo subject and trying to get through the good stuff and the crap. Reading people's opinion's and other people's idea's and stories. For awhile now, i have to admit my obsession with the subject has increased and i tend to annoy those around me because, lately, that's all i have been talking about. Since my research is limited, and i tend to be stubborn when a answer does come to me. Does anyone on here know were i'm coming from? Does anyone have any advice to make my not to obsessed over it? and listen to whatever answer does come? thanks!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Read the thread by Lexion.." Of Saucers and Triangles"
And think real hard about it....

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by malakiem

try fishing it gets my mind of anything i maybe thinking about. also its fun relaxing pretty cheap to do and you can feed yourself...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I can empathize with your stress concerning the Alien/UFO subject. It's been bugging me since 1968. Try looking at the situation over the longer term perhaps?

It's not like the issue will be gone tomorrow or anything. Frustration will get you... not much further ahead I suspect. Think of that in terms of decades and you will see the need for a coping strategy. Roswell was 6 decades ago - lots of folks still wrestling with that.

Take regular breaks, some days are more difficult than others. There are good days to be had tho'. You are in the right place. Many share similar situations. Sometimes really pleasant surprises do occur.

Cheers,

Vic

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I understand, it is frustrating as hell, when all i have is the internet. I don't have the resources like stanton friedman has, or the intelligence kenny young had in his short career of researching. I still were i'll be going to get the truth, i came up with the idea of trying to get above top secret acess in the government. But they really need to trust you, and you really have to be a smart person to go that high. My agenda is to find the info myself, but not tell anyone. Maybe slip secrets, of those willing to learn the truth but not spill the beans. I get like this to with other things, like psychic research. I've heard stories from my mom, like how a lady knew things about my mom and the lady had never met my mom before. And a creepy lady who was attracted to crows and had a tendancy torward the psychic. And one story of how my dog started barking, my mom heard a car come up the driveway and footsteps in the house. In reality no one was there, my dad came home though about 10-20 minutes later. But everywere i go on the net it always points to aliens, psychic phenomena, life after death, and other things are totally not true and are mere wives tales. Sometimes to, i feel toally hopeless.:bnghd:

[edit on 8-10-2007 by malakiem]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
No need to feel hopeless, although i know what you mean to. I went mad on reading and research for a while once I got onto the internet and after several years I think you tend to get a rough idea of how it all works and what the truth could actually be, dont you think?

If it helps I read a great remark here on ats not sure which member it was but they said something like " I have only been on the Internet for a couple of days researching ufo's and so far the evidence is undeniable" and that is so true.

What’s frustrating for me and I think for many others is that outside of the internet i.e. main stream media the subject is sadly ridiculed and pretty much mute, including the paranormal.

So learn to feel content with your own discoveries and conclusions, which thankfully can be discussed here. And keep a watchful eye on those subjects because you never know one day we might get the proof we all would like so much.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone, i do feel a little better. I will take this advice on my journey of truth and the answers to my many questions.

top topics

join