It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Temperature on Mars is +- 70F/20C !!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Zzub, stop acting retarded.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm beginning to wonder whether his Avatar is a self-pic or not...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
although the temperature fluctuations are extreme, the atmosphere is somewhere around 1% the density of ours.

this means that the main means of heat loss to an object's surroundings would be due to electromagnetic radiation to outer space (which can be shielded) and conduction to the surface (which probably could be insulated from).

i'm seeing a plastic bubble lying on styrofoam (or maybe even that 'frozen smoke' stuff) with tin-foil external curtains.

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by The General]

PAX

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think the data speaks for itself.
The Mars Global Surveyor`s Thermal Emission Spectrometer clearly indicates the temperatures;even the night temperatures are around zero in some small equatorial areas;small can actually be hundreds of square miles which is more than enough to create at least microbial life,specific for that kind of environment.

I`m actually beginning to wonder if the composition of the air on Mars is as NASA tells us.
As we know ice can also evaporate, it happens here on Earth so if it also happens on Mars the atmosphere
will have a different composition than we think.I`m NOT saying that we can breath
there,i`m saying the oxygen level must be higher than we think.

I hope NASA & Co. go there much sooner than planned !

[Edited on 26-1-2004 by PAX]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did you even read what I said?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join