It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does Love Mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What Does Love Mean?

We all have our own definitions of what Love means to us. We could all probably come up with a generic definition....

This was an email sent around that is "to me" what Love really means expressed by children...

Enjoy

What does Love mean?

Slow down for three minutes to read this. It is so worth it.
Touching words from the mouth of babes.
What does Love mean?
A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, "What does love mean?"
The answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

What Does Love Mean

Semper

Mod Note: Quote Reference -- Please Review

[edit on 8-10-2007 by chissler]

[edit on 10/8/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
ah, the mind of a child, what beuatiful respones they gave, the best was 'love is when mommy gives daddy the best piece of chicken' Thats so great.

In todays world, love in scarce, hate is clearly the strongest emotion in this world, and people have forgotten how to love, how to love thier nieghbor, thier frineds, classmates, co-workers, and country, and most importantly, thier family.

I am blessed with a very loving family, and find it heart breaking that so many don't have 2 loving parents, and a room full of loving siblings to be with.

In todays world, love has been replaced by short term lust, and after that is emptyness.

So, in answer to you question, what is love.

Love is something, in that no matter what has gone wroung, it puts a smile on your face.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Wow, thanks so much Semper I really needed a feel good post today.

I would add love is the smile that comes to my face when my lovely daughter calls just to say hi Mom and the warm feeling that stays all day.

It's also the warm feeling I get when my brother calls or writes from Iraq and I know he's ok.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
What is love? Tough question!

Love is my month old niece sleeping on my chest for three hours waking up with a smile for me. Unconditional, and always there.

But I really can't say it any better than those children did. Wisdom is found everywhere, if you look close enough.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I remember that. Yes, indeed the sight of an Uncle being wrapped around his neice's little finger and oh yes he's still there. That was and is heartwarming.

I would also add that love is the happiness of our dogs and cats when we come home. They don't care if we have a bad hair day and work sucked they just love us anyway.

I'm going to visit this thread often the wisdom of the children.....

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can't remember where I was, or who had said it, or where I might of read it, but it was only last week that I had heard it.

Love isn't about finding the perfect person. It's about finding an imperfect person, and seeing them as perfect.

I believe that it is blind, because when you do fall for that person, all of their imperfections really do go out the window. It's about putting them first, even before your own well-being, for no other reason. When asked why, one word... Love.

Love is a term that gets thrown around a lot I find, which is slowly diminishing it's intent.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The word Love can mean so many things to so many people.

I choose to think of Love in these ways:

"Mom...I need your help with this project RIGHT NOW!!!." (Oh boy...my daughter just gave me this freakin ultimatum..at this time of night...I'm tired as ol' hell...I just cleaned 2 big homes..literally no energy...'and you want me to do this for you?' I wish that I could strangle her vocal cords right now!) Somehow...I don't know how...with bloodshot eyes..I mull through helping her. (I want to kill somebody/anybody right now) With all her griping and complaining of how I can't do things right, we both manage to achieve a sense of 'project completion'. It wasn't until a week later, that my daughter comes back to me with a good mark and says to me: "Look Ma!!! I got a 'B'. I worked so hard for it! The dear heart. I remember the un-told 'thanks' that I gave my own mother - she risked life and limb lololol to have me merit my first 'A' or 'B' on my report card. I love them so.

"Why did you give away your sandwich to that person??!?! "Don't you know that they'll throw it back in your face?" YEP...And I didn't care (sorry I DID care)...I not only had sandwiches and coffee thrown back at me, I turned around a corner and looked back at the same person scrambling to 're-assemble the sandwich' - just for a bite to eat. I never let them see me 'watching them'. My heart breaks.

Honey...how do I look? My husband, the dear soul, has a gut out to here. He likes to preen himself like a long-forgotten 'Adonis' in the mirror. "Who the hell is he flexing to?" Knowing that I have a bit of a tummy too, I tend not to judge him too harshly. "Honey...you look marvelous! lololol" He's such a dote!

A person who is judged too harshly...mabey it's the libra in me (I'm saggitarius btw) mabey I like to think that there is more to people than than what we see.

No matter what this life brings to each and every one of us....the beauty and LOVE that we find in all our mis-givings and treasures...are there for us to find.

If only we open our eyes...

[edit on 12-10-2007 by TheDuckster]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I think the Greeks got it right by having at least four separate words for love.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit for sleep deprivation induced mistake

[edit on 29-10-2007 by resistor]

new topics

top topics

join