It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Ed Dames where is Steve Fossett?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

He was predicting NORTWEST of Mono Lake. The wreckage is to the south close to Mammoth Lakes. Of course he'll say he was dead on.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Had they listened to Ed Dames, they wouldn't have spent millions of tax payer dollars searching in the wrong mountain range the first time. That would have precise enough to have found him a year ago. And possibly found his body before the animals devoured it.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well, it looks like Ed Dames has just been exposed as a major fraud, he was wrong about Steve Fosset, he has been saying on Coast to Coast that he, (He says we and us,), knew exactly where the wreckage has been all along. Remote Viewing has never been able to produce results that better random chance. Art Bell purchased a Remote Viewing Kit, he has never been able to divine hidden knowledge using it, at least Art has not revealed any so far. I have always wondered why Art Bell gave this fraud so much positive air time on his show, and now George Noory is following in his foot steps. I wonder what George will say to Ed Dames next time he is on the show?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm listening to streamlink now, and George praised Ed as being right. Which IMO is a crock. Which I found funny because the first person on the line said he'd end his career for being so wrong.

The excuse given was that they were focusing on the body, not the plane. And things like that.

My stock in George just went WAYYYY down. To the point where I'm thinking of canceling my streamlink subscription. I've always known George gave people the benefit of the doubt, but this time it's just a clear cut case of him being wrong, and George keeping him anyway.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I guess George keeps interviewing Dames because as George wrote in his book 'Worker in the Light' he is into remote viewing himself. I was interested in the subject when I first heard of it, but now I agree with those of you who think its pretty uesless.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

I have no interest in Ed Dames but to state that remote viewing is not better than chance is ignorant and wrong. Look at results from Joe McMoneagle as just one example of better than chance results. To state what you have stated as a general overview of the efficacy of remote viewing is plain wrong and a view commonly stated by those who have not delved into the history of successes used in the past and recently.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The whole "remote viewing" thing is a massive joke. No-one has ever been able to use it consistently, providing results better than chance. No evidence to support it at all. Absolute bollocks.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am willing to accept evidence of such claims, as everyone knows the James Randi Foundation has One Million Dollars for anyone that can produce solid scientifically verified evidence of paranormal activities, or abilities, the rules are quite simple, you tell them what you claim that you can do, and if you are serious about your, (Or anyone else s), abilities, and if they are not too wacky or crazy, you will be given a scientifically structured test, if you can do what you claimed and the results are higher than chance, you will be paid One Million Dollars. Sadly not one claimant has come close to collecting, my favorite try being the divining for water test, many of the top diviners had a try at finding buried water in pipes and containers, not one person was able to beat random chance. If Remote Viewing is real, it should be very easy to collect the money, if Ed Dames, or any other RV'er cannot pass such a simple straight forward test then it is safe to say the claims are bogus. I have heard complaints that the test is invalid because the rules are set by the testers, but that is not correct, the testing procedures are agreed upon by both side before hand, it is very fair.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by RING0]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It has been said before, the goalposts keep getting moved, why should anyone with an ability such as you are talking about, put them through the ridicule that gets passed around like some huge joke?

I'm sure C2C are shaking in their boots at losing some of their clients, yeah right, fact is, it is looking like the guy could have been spot on, and a whole year before hand, but till some find a way to twist and create new questions, and then put the answers out of reach.

I've always had the belief that skeptics who are true to themselves, need to have a mind more open than the believers, otherwise why look for the truth in the firsts place, to ask a question you know can't be answered with the simplicity that it requires, to me is a cop out.

Be truthful to your own questions, before condemning those who have shown at least a small amount of evidence, go research properly, not just selectively, then judge the evidence.

To do otherwise is a waste of your own time, some are not so eager to share their abilities because of ignorance, and the need by some to blossom at the expense of decent people, in short if you don't like it then don't take part.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia
I'm listening to streamlink now, and George praised Ed as being right. Which IMO is a crock. Which I found funny because the first person on the line said he'd end his career for being so wrong.

I wonder if George would have enough guts to post the Google map I made showing just how far off Dames was. (See previous post in this thread).

Doubt it.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by twladin]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I was under the impression the remote viewing was supposed to be at the place? As in viewing the place. Not a general area. How are the goal posts being moved here?

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Originally posted by azzllin
It has been said before, the goalposts keep getting moved, why should anyone with an ability such as you are talking about, put them through the ridicule that gets passed around like some huge joke?

To do otherwise is a waste of your own time, some are not so eager to share their abilities because of ignorance, and the need by some to blossom at the expense of decent people, in short if you don't like it then don't take part.

Ed Dames is selling Remote Viewing Kits, and George Noory interviews him as though his abilities are real and verifiable, therefore to say he should not be burdened with the task of proving his abilities is pure nonsense. He makes no effort to test his ridiculous claims because he nor anyone else can do so. What does anyone get in return for this "Blind Faith" that you seem to be advocating? Nothing except the furtherance of silly claims and the enabling of a outright Con Man. He is selling kits that do not work because such a thing is impossible. Perhaps you should purchase one of his kits and show us skeptics how wrong we are. In short, if you like it, you should take part in it, put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Just want to mention not that 'noone' knew. Dames mentioned before he was doing this case b/c he knew Fosset personally. This gives me a good idea he knew where Fossett was flying.. 60 miles... As an RV student of his, he claimed he was at least within 12 feet of it. He's full of horse shlt.. He's not a good viewer. Go watch Joseph W. McMoneagle, he's astonishing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join