It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has US military taken control of Mars Rover?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I had an interesting thought today: has the US military taken control of the Mars Rover from NASA?

It is possible isn't it? Just an idea, no proof either. But what if something very interesting is found, would the military want us to know about it? Probably not.

It would be easy for the military to hijack the Rover too, they have the satellite bases around the globe, they have the contacts in NASA, they have power over the contractors that built the craft. They may have even had a big hand in designing it. Would be very easy to put some extra lines of code in the software to give control to a hidden source. Not impossible I think. True, who knows but it could happen and it would explain NASA's strong objections to any conspiracies in their projects.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
it'd still be working if someone else took control of it. my guess is that it had the living piss kicked outta it on the bouncing

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think it's highly possible. I bet if they discovered an ocean on Mars where life thrived as it does on Earth, we wouldn't hear anything about it. Until the military personal that worked the project is like 100 and they do one of those "Secret's Revealed" shows. I mean, the governments taking over everything nowadays. I almost wish we had no government so that I could hear everything. Just because some people don't want to hear it, doesn't mean everyone doesn't want to.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well, they did it with On Star, so I assume it is possible.

But why? What purpose would this serve THENEO?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Probably to keep the fact that we discovered water/life on Mars. They figure if the world found out they'd go crazy. I almost hate orsen wells now. If he wouldn't have done that stupid radio-broadcast, then the government wouldn't know how we'd react, then we might be able to get some damn answers.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
you may be on to something, look what I found;

"The surface of the Red Planet has two distinct areas of topography: the Northern Lowlands and Southern Highlands. The Northern Lowlands is an area which displays the results of lava flows, sedimentary deposits and cold weather (periglacial) processes. The Southern Highlands are separated from the Lowlands by a ridge up to two kilometers high and it is here it is believed to Be Osama Bin Ladens latest hideout....."

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
okay don't bite my head off for quoting Richard Hoagland but I read on Coast to Coast AM Website that he believes it could be another organization other than JPL or NASA that is sabotaging the images from the Rover.

"Speaking about the computer problems that the Spirit Rover was experiencing, Hoagland suggested that the system could be plagued by two separate programs giving it directions, and that one of them was of black ops origin. "

www.coasttocoastam.com...

Call me clueless, but what the hell is he talking about? I don't know much about his theories but is he talking about NWO, Illuminati, FreeMasons, Aliens?? what???

I just posted this on TheNeo's other thread, but it fit here too? so someone fill me in...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No, check the other thread, they have made good progress repairing it today. Nasa have just released more info.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkHelmet
Probably to keep the fact that we discovered water/life on Mars. They figure if the world found out they'd go crazy.

I don't follow your train of thought here? Why would the world go crazy? Proving that there is water on our sister plant is a great discovery, but I don't see how that could percipitate mass panic...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was typing fast and accidentally typed water with life. I really just meant life. I guess with all the religious freaks, the gov thinks the world will go crazy, as most people did while listening to Orsen wells...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well what if the future of earth wasn't that good or was to take a nasty turn soon,

but they found life on Mars!

Yeah! we can all go there, we just have to lean on all the politicians and work together for as many of us as possible to go...

but the people at the top don't want that do they... and besides who decides who goes and who stays, not enough places and they don't want low life to go either,

so better to keep it quiet and do it in the background,

preparing for the day when they have to leave.

probably science fiction but remember who is running the world after all...

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I was typing fast and accidentally typed water with life. I really just meant life. I guess with all the religious freaks, the gov thinks the world will go crazy, as most people did while listening to Orsen wells...

I wouldn't quite call them freaks, but your point is noted.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Well what if the future of earth wasn't that good or was to take a nasty turn soon,

but they found life on Mars!

Yeah! we can all go there, we just have to lean on all the politicians and work together for as many of us as possible to go...

but the people at the top don't want that do they... and besides who decides who goes and who stays, not enough places and they don't want low life to go either,

so better to keep it quiet and do it in the background,

preparing for the day when they have to leave.

probably science fiction but remember who is running the world after all...

"what if" being the operative words.

What annoys me is that it's obvious people have been waiting in the wings, waiting for the Rover to hopefully screw up so that they can spew this garbage.

Well anyway, Rover's back up and sort of running, it'll be back to normal hopefully in a few week so let's hope it puts and end to this Sci-Fi, until we see those little doodlebugs (thanks Val) roaming around and we can call it science fact.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Just because some people don't want to hear it, doesn't mean everyone doesn't want to.

you can blames the libs and thier PC and all that other bs for that

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
P.S. Why did you start this new thread? These thoughts could've easily been shared in the other thread, it's on the same subject after all.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yeah well... I'm only 15 so I gotta long life ahead of me. Hopefully we can get something to come out of the gov by the time I die. Because frankly, i'm tired of all the bs the gov gives us that is obviously not true. but anyway... yes I believe that the military is controlling the info that NASA let's out... not the rover itself.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
yeah and next the militairy is going to mars in a flying nuclear powered disk to repair secretly the rover

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
y the hell would the military do something like that.....

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
SilQ off topic but how the hell do you get a negative point total? Do they take em away if we say something dumb?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I would say the likelyhood of some other 'agency' with similar communication abilities, could be causing 'command contention', is much greater today than even just five years ago.

If this were true, maybe NASA is in a battle to gain complete control with the command channels, battling for access of the communication frequencies.

Of course that would mean future missions would have contingent communication capabilities and secure access mechanisms, along with self destruct capability in the event of a loss of command control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join