It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to launch $1bn 'Plan Mexico'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would rather see the money spent on the wall and other border securities than trying to do the job that Mexico should be doing. So what do we spend that money on? I think it would just find its way into the pockets of the people we would be trying to fight. Is there anyone in Mexico that can be trusted and is not dead? That is what they do there, even the news papers they will kill a reporter that reports against anything dealing with the drug trade.

But this is a ATS first!!!

The NWO conspiracy people, the liberals, the conservatives, the drugs are good people, The big business owns the government people, The CIA runs everything people and the Satanist government conspiracy people all agree that all of Mexico is corrupt and putting 1 billion towards their drug problems is a very stupid idea…A first people!!

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It looks like you Americans can send a message to your Congressmen in Congress. According to the article Congress still has to pass the bill. If you got together, I'm sure you could let your Congress person know what your vote is all about; after all the Declaration of Independence was written "For the People, By the People", obviously your voice/vote counts, or does it? I for one hope they do count.

In the last paragraph it says the Billion USA dollars would be used by the Mexican government to (1) break up laundering activities (who wouldn't want to break up money laundering activities; it means sticking all of that ill gotten money in your pocket for the President of Mexico; (2) break up shipments to the north; obviously if they reroute the drugs in any other direction, the Mexican government will turn their head and look the other way. Not only that... they DON'T say that they will go in and destroy the fields or labs. Obviously their intent is to get MONEY any way they can, and a hefty Billion Dollars from the GRINGOS to the NORTH is GREAT!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Seems to me, the present US Admin might consider spending the remainder of Mr Bush's term WARMING some of the chilling hate his presence as president has be causal for.

Dallas

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
In my opinion, this may actually be a smart move? well, somehow, even though its pretty damn corrupt. I believe Mexico sees how much money the USA is making off their "War On Drugs", huge increase in economy due to new jobs to penalize all these law abiding citizens for doing something usually in the privacy of their own home. The one billion dollars the USA is giving to Mexico will be paid back horribly fast. Once they get on their feet, they will be able to arrest everyone for victimless crimes and make a insane amount of money from this - which in my opinion Mexico needs desperately.

The drugs are already there, and are there to stay - they just want to make money off this. Arrest the little guys, play with the big guys.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This money should be used to fix our border,not spent on another country.

I hope you enjoy the fact your tax dollars are helping out Mexico.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
my thought is simply this....

you find one billion in your budget you can use, without raising taxes, without borrowing money....and you can give mexico a billion for whatever...it's obviously not to keep the drugs out of the states....

if you want to keep the drugs out of the country, I think it would be more effective if you put half that billion into border security, and the other half into helping the employers adjust to the idea that they've lost this source of cheap labor.....

but, well, they can't do that, can they...
this money will be newly created and borrowed so, I won't even go into the other things we could be doing with it.....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join