It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams -- A Glimpse at the Multiverse?? ---- THOUGHTS not FACTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As I woke up this morning, I was left grasping at the fading remnants of a quite fascinating dream.

I won't bore you guys with the details of said dream, however, upon waking I was struck with a thought. Rare as it may be for me to actually THINK, hahaha, I felt I should share this thought with my ATS compadres.

While my mind was still in a half asleep/half awake haze, the thought came to me that SOME dreams may actually be a glimpse of the lives of our conterparts in the multiverse.

Naturally, some dreams are so off the wall that they likely COULDN'T occur anywhere. However, what about dreams where we appear to be living a different life? Perhaps we are married to an ex that we regret leaving in this life? Or maybe we are seeing ourselves at our current age with a loved one that passed away some time before.

I'm quite certain that most of you have had dreams similar to this at some point in time.

It really got me to thinking that these little bits of sight we get may actually be glimpses into another copy of ourselves where we (they?) are living a life that turned out quite different to the one that we are conscious of.

If there are indeed different universes or realities that run parallel to the life we are conscious of, wouldn't it seem possible (or even likely) that we are somehow linked to each version of ourself?

If this IS the case, what better time to get a glimpse of that life than when we are asleep and our mental defenses are down and our mind/heart is more open to everything else?

Dunno, maybe I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off target here, it has certainly happened before. But, I found this thought quite interesting and felt I'd share with my ATS brothers and sisters in the hopes of discussion and feedback.

Take it easy,
Jasn

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Nice idea. When we're awake we're conscious only in this place but when we're sleeping we might be floating free and "everywhere", then coming back into consciousness we might be picking up little bits we're seeing on the journey. Is that what you mean?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

In very very over simplified terms, that is indeed what I'm thinking.

Unfortunately, with this horrid net connection and the frustration it causes, I'm only capable of over simplified chat right now hahahahaa.

I will probably attempt to go to someplace where I can get a much better connection tonight and if I do, I will try to expound upon my theory a bit.

Jasn

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I have very often dream of "what happened if i chose that way" style. Like I wanted to go to a small trip with my friends, but i canceled it day before. I got that night a dream of me and my friends on that trip.

So I think it might be true that our dreams are part of other dimensions

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I have had dreams of being somewhere foreign to me with a haunting sense of deja vu. The S. King novel that involved Twinners I always thought may have some basic ring of truth. If working on a difficult problem I often find the solution after 'sleeping on it' a few nights. Could the fix have actually been effected elsewhere and conveyed to me? It's a fascinating idea none the less.

link   
Parallel Universe Dreams

link   
Parallel Universe Dreams

Ive had several dreams which were obvious parallel universe dreams in which I led another life, had another past, another future, another job...lives which were just as realistic and detailed as this one. Lives in which I viewed THIS LIFE as "only a dream".

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

I have often had those same thoughts. Then recently I came across this news article. Parallel universes really do exsist

And my little mind ran wild with speculation.
Maybe my life here is just a dream from my other self in another parallel universe.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just a quck not to point out that that article is rather misleading - no-one has proved the many-worlds hypothesis, only shown that is is a possible interpretation of QM. There are many other competeing interpretations and no way (that I know of) to determine which is right by experiment.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jim_w

I do not want to derail this thread with someone trying to debunk the article. There is nothing misleading in it.

Here his a link to a thread on ATS discussing the article and various experiments that have been done on the multi verse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SimiusDei

post by SimiusDei
If this IS the case, what better time to get a glimpse of that life than when we are asleep and our mental defenses are down and our mind/heart is more open to everything else?

Good thought provoking thoughts
I agree you are very open at this time. And for the most part we are very much tied into this reality, becasue when we open up, everything that happens here almost happens in our dreams too. Everyone who works alot, dreams about being at their jobs sometimes, or parks, and or other places, like a house you lived in up north, but the inside looks like another house you lived in somewhere else. Its werid.

This is why most people who have very intense dreams just shrug them off becasue they are to tied into this realm.
In most my dreams I see and do things I never do in my real life.. Yet its in places and many symbols of my currently reality mixing with others!

So if you would take apart the dreams you have and seperate the hidden hints given to you in dreams, we would all see they are much more than just "dreams".
I beilve greatly that we dont understand the full extent to our mental energy. And its good food for thought I think about such things. Like a corridor with many doors.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Nice thread, i like the way you think.

These are my thoughts.

When we "dream" we are really almost awake.

This might not make sense but hear me out.

When you are dreaming and you suddenly realise that you are dreaming, you are actually half awake at this point, once you realise you can control this dream and it becomes a "lucid dream" you are at this point "fully awake".

Our physical existence is really a dream. We are multi dimensional beings, we have the power to have anything and i mean ANYTHING we want just by THINKING it.

But only while we become lucid in a dream.

The physical vehicle that is our body/brain limits the powers we truly have, and im working on a theory that the year 2012 will remove whatever energy it is that limits the power of our mind so we can truly create our own realities and travel anywhere in the universe instantly just by thinking it, we will also live peacefully alongside other intelligent life known as aliens.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Multiverse and a different reality, arent they the same thing? If so, a thread was already started about dreams and realities. This one below is about lucid dreaming and reality.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check this out because it seems they are about the same thing.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Quazi176]

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Quazi176]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Exactly the same thoughts.

I believe the dream state is connecting with the universe and or parallel versions of ourselves and other beings...

I find dreams absolutely fascinating, as are out of body experiences and lucid dreams...

I've heard music in dreams that have waken me with tears. Like music that could never be recreated on our planet.... ethereal magic.

Fascinating thread.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimiusDei
As I woke up this morning, I was left grasping at the fading remnants of a quite fascinating dream.

I won't bore you guys with the details of said dream, however, upon waking I was struck with a thought. Rare as it may be for me to actually THINK, hahaha, I felt I should share this thought with my ATS compadres.

While my mind was still in a half asleep/half awake haze, the thought came to me that SOME dreams may actually be a glimpse of the lives of our conterparts in the multiverse.

Naturally, some dreams are so off the wall that they likely COULDN'T occur anywhere. However, what about dreams where we appear to be living a different life? Perhaps we are married to an ex that we regret leaving in this life? Or maybe we are seeing ourselves at our current age with a loved one that passed away some time before.

I'm quite certain that most of you have had dreams similar to this at some point in time.

It really got me to thinking that these little bits of sight we get may actually be glimpses into another copy of ourselves where we (they?) are living a life that turned out quite different to the one that we are conscious of.

If there are indeed different universes or realities that run parallel to the life we are conscious of, wouldn't it seem possible (or even likely) that we are somehow linked to each version of ourself?

Dunno, maybe I'm WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY off target here, it has certainly happened before. But, I found this thought quite interesting and felt I'd share with my ATS brothers and sisters in the hopes of discussion and feedback.

Take it easy,
Jasn

How do you know that when we are dreaming it is the real reality and our waking lives are the alternate ones?

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is a great thought- I've thought it all of my life. Almost like something is controlling what I get to see in the other world.

I have recurring places in my dreams... stores, rooms, houses, streets- that don't actually exist in my life, but they do exist in my dreams. There is a grocery store that I go to, I know where everything is, crazy things always happen..but, either way.

Thats why our dreams skip around so often as well- we only have a short amount of REM, in which dreaming is the most deep. Our dreams have to fit different aspects of the other life into such a short period, so they appear confusing.

My dreams have always been extremely vivid, and I rarely want to wake up from them. Even if they are horrible, they are amazing to me.

What else can explain deja vu? This theory is definitely a great one. Soon we will know.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I too have dreamt of strange but 'familiar' places... I have dreamt that I returned to previous homes and discovered unused rooms or secret stairways that were never there before and also dicovered a mirror image of the three floors of the house underneath the house (3 floors down instead of up).

I also have a recurring dream of a town, where it seems so familiar, where I know the train station and the fountain and the buildings, but I have never been there in real life.

I have also visited other cities for timeless journeys where I have observed people living normal lives, feeling the rain and wind and seeing the reflections of traffic in puddles of rain. I mean I didn't know dreams had so much detail until then...

I also 'predicted' the Boxing day tsunami in a dream a month before. I dreamt of walking along a beach in a hot country and watched a giant wave growing on the horizon, whereby everybody on the beach started running away, but I just stood facing it on the shoreline... I could even feel the spray and droplets of rain.

Fascinating subject.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hey simi! I have dreams like that almost weekly.It has just become common place for me now.I have come to call those dreams "sliders"
after the Show.I feel like iam sliding into one of my parallel lives.I have had so many of them the last few years that I could not count.Some of the dreams are from the same parallel, but most are not as I can tell from the surroundings,context of the dream,and on occasion my physical appearance.When I have these dreams I always see things as if through binoculars, like Iam inside another person,(who is actually me,as I have seen my refelection in many of these dreams) but still looking out through their (my) eyes. I know it sounds weird, but it's true.Sometimes the dreams are good scenarios, like my mother is still alive.However more often than not, it is bad depressing stuff.Perhaps in this life , I have it better than I thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow i really cant believe others have thought about that. ive just learned about multiple universes and kind of put that explanation together also. but i didnt want to share it with too many people because like you said it could be totally wrong. but so far that is the best explanation for dreams that i can believe.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
wow i really cant believe others have thought about that. ive just learned about multiple universes and kind of put that explanation together also. but i didnt want to share it with too many people because like you said it could be totally wrong. but so far that is the best explanation for dreams that i can believe.

top topics

join