It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy against the black race?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I suppose the fact that slavery had been practised for thousands of years before a white man ever sat foot in Africa is a conspiracy against blacks?

Africa pre-European contact was not an idyllic Utopia where man lived in peace with each other.
The history of Africa is just as abundant with examples of barbarism, exploitation and intolerance as Europe, Asia, America or anywhere else in the world.
To suggest anything other is both naive and incorrect.

And as for post colonial Africa?
I supose Idi Amin's treatment of Asians was a white conspiracy.
Oh, and the Rwandan genocide between Hutu's and Tutsis was another white conspiracy.
And please don't even begin to excuse the current actions of Mugabe in Zimbabwe.

I whole hearted agree that black people have endured some of the most horrific acts of racism and bigotry against them.
The slave trade was inexcusable and the subsequent treatment of black people, until recently, has been undefendable.

There is no doubt that the mineral wealth of Africa has been exploited to the full by Western interests but this was generally with the active involvement of a minority of corrupt native Africans who continue to exploit the majority.
Some of the current African regimes put on shows of ostentation which put all the pomp and parade shown by the British Empire to shame. This whilst people starve to death and have no democratic rights at all.

I also recognise that the "western" world could do more to aid Africa, beginning with the cancellation of African debt and implementing extensive AIDS and HIV treatment and awareness programmes.

I have no axe to grind here and fully enjoy various aspects of Black and African culture.
I have many friends who have an African ethnic ancestry.

To blame all the ills of black society and the African continent on white people and to label it a conspiracy is both naive and incorrect.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Freeborn]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
While it is true that Europeans took advantage of the situation in Africa, it is a fallacy to say they caused the problems there. Slavery existed in Africa long before the international slave trade to the Americas ever existed -- in fact it still exists in many places there today. White people didn't go out and enslave blacks in Africa, they merely bought persons who had already been enslaved by other African tribes in the course of their own wars, etc. The image of white people going around and rounding up peaceful black people in Africa is a common (but totally inaccurate) history.

Oh and whites were "freebasing" coc aine before the word "crack" ever came into the drug lexicon. (Hint: They are the same thing)

I'm sure there's other things to debunk here, but that's a good start.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
It is not my intention to "babyfy" the black race as icy said (I totally agree with that, by the way), nor to blame whites for their ills.

but, as explained in my post above, the very act of giving them money (rather than education on how to make money) weakens them..."babyfies them. And since our world leaders must know this, since they arent that stupid, I can only conclude that this is being done intentionally. And THAT is what I call a conspiracy.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

well looking at it in that setting thean i would have to agree with you, the government should know better so why do they keep doing it? maybe to gain uneducated votes?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I agree with you Skyfloating

I had this theroy as a kid that the reason that amercian black althlets are so big and strong is becuse back in the slavery days the white man took the bigest and strongest slaves he could find and thats how they got to be so big and stong survial of the fittest you could say...but i was watching Chris Rock live in concert one eveing ( laughing my ass off as usual )and he said that the white man forced big stong black men to breed with big strong black women in order to get a big stong slave baby ...........on hearing that i wanted to vomit

Racism is my pet hate i just dont get it

EDIT becuase i cant spell for "Snip"

[edit on 08/10/2000 by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

you know all joking aside, chris rock was probably right.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by N.B.A.Y.S.O.H

I have this other theory about intellectual vs. emotional intelligence. I dont think its a stretch to say that whites might be more advanced in the intellectual department while blacks might be more advanced in the emotional department. Can you imagine a white university professor sensually licking his lips and moving his hips to the vibe?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I'm sure there's other things to debunk here, but that's a good start.

Then try debunking the analogy of the fish as it refers to the africa situation.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Then try debunking the analogy of the fish as it refers to the africa situation.

I agree with your analogy. However, how is this going to work? Is the U.S. going to invade every African country to set up schools, democratic governments, etc.? Sounds a bit like what we've been trying to do with Iraq that most here have been complaining about.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

By beginning with the nations that are not under dictatorship and are already on a good way. By stopping all gifts and "aid" and replacing them with smart business investments connected to empowerment and education of blacks. Quite simply really. So simple that it is mind boggling why so many obvious failure-strategies are being implemented.

Even a common idiot joe like me can see through the BS, therefore world leaders should have noticed it a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Is there really even just one stable country in Africa that a MNC would feel comfortable investing billions in? Why would they do it? What would investing in Africa offer to an investor, a company CEO?

Other than South African gold and diamond mines, I can't really think of anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djohnsto77

Hilarious Hillary Clinton quote btw.

I used the term "investment" wrongly. There are indeed not much business opportunities there.

But staying with the analogy: The billions and billions and billions and billions put into "free gifts" and "credits"...had they been put into building schools, wed have a different situation now.

I have to hand it to my parents for teaching me this. My dad said to me, when I was a kid, when I demanded a raise in pocket money: "If I give you more, you are just going to spend it all. In addition, you will become dependent on me. Furthermore you will not think about how to make money yourself. I am not giving you more. Think about how you could make some yourself."

But the "aid" continues. And now the chinese are running in and handing out "credits". In return they can exploit more of the resources.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Okay, Blame the "White Man" for the worlds problems. Especially the plight of africans.

This is ridiculous. I could go on for a couple of pages but, no way.

Stop with this nonsense. Do you have any idea how much money this country pours into africa? Do you know how much $$ is being poured into school systems in the inner cities - (dah - black communities).

Don't sit there and say that the problem with blacks are because of whites. NO WAY.

Some one had some crime statistics posted above. That's not the fault of white people. I never put a gun in a black guys hand and said - "go rob or kill or whatever".

They do it to themselves. It's that simple. As for their upbeat music - don't make me puke. All they talk about are women, guns, killing, drugs & money.

When was the last time you turned on MTV. This is what they want. Sorry, but this IS black america.

Conspiracy??? Where did you get this? NO. With the money and the welfare programs - blacks were supposed to pull themselves out of poverty. They did the opposite.

All these "entitlement programs" did not make blacks open to education or any other program that would have taken them up or out of poverty. It made them dependent upon society to provide for them.

Conspiracy. Don't make me laugh.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This where I think science of IMPERIAL OBSERVATION should come into play.

Why blame external factors? Take responsibility for the corruptions, internal-fighting, and lack of self-respect.

I'm sick of all these blame others for a problem that's internal. Take a stroll in Chinatown, they come much later than the blacks, they are as oppressed, and they usually starts off at the worst possible neighborhood. And the result? Their kids EXCELL, did you ever see them get any help from the govenrment or WHINE about it?

NO, they just do what's right.

Stop blaming the government, racism, etc. Against ALL ODDS, you should prevail, so quit whining and STOP blaming the WHITEYS.

HOW MANY truly ELLIGIBLE white kids have the AFFIRMATIVE ACTIONS displaced in the name of REVERSE-RACISM?

Take some responsibility dammit. This is why the blacks WILL NEVER RISE BEYOND THEIR OWN SELF-PITY.

And they deserve every minute of it.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by docklands]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
To the last two posters: I understand that you only read the opening post...I do so very often too. But the conversation in this thread advanced beyond the topic of the opening statement.

Sincerely,

Skyfloating

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I
but, as explained in my post above, the very act of giving them money (rather than education on how to make money) weakens them..."babyfies them. And since our world leaders must know this, since they arent that stupid, I can only conclude that this is being done intentionally. And THAT is what I call a conspiracy.

Which really gets to the heart of why I said what I said about affirmative action. Basically, to me, what affirmative action states is that minorities are somehow below the rest of us, hence, we are going to "give" them the opportunity. I personally don't view minorities as being any less than I am. If I can make the grade to get into a high class school, so can they.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I used the term "investment" wrongly. There are indeed not much business opportunities there.

Well that's the problem.

There are a lot of English speaking persons there that could work in call centers, like in India and the Caribbean. I'm sure there are a lot of people who could work in manufacturing, like so many people in China do. The list goes on and on.

What is preventing these opportunities from being exploited? Of course the political situation there. Until the African people can make peace with each other and form stable governments, there will be little investment from the developed countries there outside of primary sector natural resource harvesting operations.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by docklands

the vietnamese came here under very extreme circumstances, but those little emeffers are hard workers and they sacrifice together as large families to get ahead. You don't see to many of them living in the ghettos, if they do they own the convenience store or liquor store...
it is all about honor and wanting to improve oneself.
if you ask me most blacks in america have lost their honor, having success to them is becoming a rapstar or pro ball "playa"
listen to their rap music, it is all about night clubs, shootings, cars, clothe "bling" and women. that is what they strive for. sad, sad peoples.
and what gets me is look who they take as role models and leaders, jesse jackson and al sharpton. and they look down on connie rice (because she works for "da man") i would love to know the percentage of them that succeed compared to those on welfare. if they were half the hard workers that the mexicans are we wouldn't have an illegal immigration crisis!

[edit on 8-10-2007 by icybreeze]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Skyfloating,

Sorry to dissapoint you but, I read all of the posts here. It is useless dribble.

I took it back to your original post. Was it not your intent to blame the White man for the plight of black men, not only here in the US. but in Africa as well?

Don't hide behind a typical "conspiracy theory out" - we've move on from that point so my original post doesn't count.

Sincerely...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfTom
Skyfloating,

Sorry to dissapoint you but, I read all of the posts here. It is useless dribble.

I took it back to your original post. Was it not your intent to blame the White man for the plight of black men, not only here in the US. but in Africa as well?

No, not at all. Would you have actually read all the "useless dribble" you would have discovered the general consensus that most of us deny blaming the white man.

The "conspiracy theory" I have posted several times now (see the fish analogy). Up to now it has not been debunked. This is not a conspiracy by "the white man" but by the ruling elite.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join