It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we the lost children of an advanced intergalactic race?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Suppose this belongs here...

Lots of speculation coming from my way lately I know... but here me out! :p

It is possible that an advanced race has inhabited earth before us.
It might have been us!!

It is possible that an advanced civilisation (lets just say it was humans) lived and thrived on earth millenia ago, but were wiped out by a megacatastrophe or themselves. Today we have nothing to remind us of what we once were.

So much time has passed we've forgotten what we might have once been.

and in that long time we have evolved differently to our advanced ancestors... we progress through technology whereas they might have dealt with their own power... magic, chakra, chi whatever you want to call it... %-6

But it is possible that we are the remnants of a great empire. Possibly one that stretched across the galaxy, are we the lost children of an advanced intergalactic race? But we're so far gone from our roots we wouldn't recognise our ancestors if we saw them?

Here's a cool little fiction scenario.

A super advanced civilisation start to colonise other planets. Including earth.
Hundreds of ships are sent out to suitable worlds, one of them arrives here and for a short time it prospers... then without warning a massive meteorite crashes into the planet wiping out 99% of the population, all technology is lost and they are forced to live like animals and start from scratch with wooden shelters etc to survive. Their children know nothing of their origin except for what their parents tell them. Over the generations the stories become just that... stories. The truth of their origin is lost.

Fast forward thousands of years to now. We are those children, confident in our superiority when in fact we were once far more advanced. Our distant cousins have even come looking for us (UFOs) and have realised we are to far lost to be reunited.

What you think?
Interesting concept...

Spec01

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Spec01]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
sometimes I do feel that the "advanced intelligence" that may be found on other planets look strikingly similar to us, perhaps with just a few different adaptations from climate.

i'd go so far as to say I bet the two would be breedable, both would be a form of homo sapien.

but i can't promise you that earth germs won't kill them, or their planet's germs won't kill us, unless..

.. a race of half-breeds were developed, with inherited genetic immunity to the deadly biologicals on both worlds, thus the need for abductions on earth?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes I like to believe the human race extends all over the universe. Some races more advanced than others. And yes of course the creators would need to keep checking up on the progress of civilizations for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It would make sense that we came from a Different star system, or even to say that the original "Human" Race inhabited many different planets, but we somehow lost our way. It could explain why so many of the "Alien Races" (if they exist) are said to look like us, we'd have evolved in different climates different ways, I mean if the span of the Grand Canyon can change a squirrel to two different species, what would space do?

and if you want to know more about my Squirrel analogy, well you'll have to figure it out for yourself as I am lazy and can't remember the two different species of Squirrel, just that they used to be the same but they got seperated by the grand canyon and now they're two different species.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hm... I am trying to think of where I have heard this before…
Ah, got it!

There are those who believe that life here began out there, far across the universe, with tribes of humans who may have been the forefathers of the Egyptians, or the Toltecs, or the Mayans. That they may have been the architects of the great pyramids, or the lost civilizations of Lemuria or Atlantis. Some believe that there may yet be brothers of man who even now fight to survive somewhere beyond the heavens...

Someone’s been watching the original version of Battlestar Galactica I see.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I think it is a possibility that some types of life on Earth were from some other planet originally. There have not been records explaining the origin of man in detail, other than fossils and religious stories, so lots of things are possible.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I am also strongly of the opinion that Human kind ias it is today is not 'native' to earth. We simply don't balance out in the biological equation of our planet.

I just got bashed on another thread for 'stealing' an Erich Von Daniken's theory.... so if this interests you look him up apparently.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I sometimes feel the same way. I find it hard to believe we sprang up from a puddle of "soup," or we evolved from monkeys.
Maybe we're just someones "science project."

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Definitely in the realm of possibilities. There has been various fictions that have hinted at such, even Star Trek: TNG (that all those 'races' were related).

I just don't know ... you would think they would come and solve everything if they found us? Or just watch us and let us be? I think we would be the delinquent misfits with all the fighting, greed, selfishness.

I think you might enjoy the more hidden part of the story of the anime Mahoromatic that hints at this ...

I wrote the basics of it down in this thread here: ATS Thread

Basically, they hint at what you are saying in the series. group left a planet in search of life elsewhere in the galaxy. They were gone so long they forgotten the name of their original planet, but it was remembered as a blue sphere, hinting it was earth and apparently we had forgotten and fell behind on technology compared to them (this part of the plot is implied, but not defined). They are much more advanced biologically than we are and the public has no idea ... but ... a secret controlling world entity does, and orders a military group to engage them and prevent disclosure. Sightings are written off by bought and paid for media. Etc. etc. It started light-hearted, but had that deep stuff really come out towards the end of the 2nd season (of 2 seasons).

I will have to watch it again

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It is really simple. What happened was this:

We evolved on this planet hundreds of millions of years ago. We warred with ourselves and eventually created a centralized world government based on theocracy and science. We became a wonderfully advanced race and explored the cosmos. We colonized this entire solar system, had a vibrant intergalactic economy and had pushed out into the galaxy to extend our influence and to satiate our never ending need to consume resources.

We encountered an extremely advanced machine intelligence in our extraterrestrial endeavors. They possessed something that we wanted for our civilization. We warred with this "machine race". We lost. It destroyed our space-faring civilization. It destroyed all colonies in this solar system and possibly all of our extended colonies in other galaxies. We put up a good fight as evidenced by the utter destruction that the machine race ultimately used to defeat us. Most scientists today look at the pocked marked surfaces of other lifeless planets in our solar system as meteor impacts. They were meteors true..... but they were directed at us by the machine race. They hurled them at our habitations from huge machines designed to destroy us.

When it became apparant that we would lose we retreated to our home world.... this one. Earth. We surrendered.

As part of our unconditional surrender the victorious machine-race imposed many limitations upon us. Among them were the following:

1. A complete re-write of our history to obfuscate our origin and history from those who survived the war.
2. Genetic manipulation to limit the lifespan of the species so we cannot make intergalactic journeys or develope a cohesive, stable system of government, religion or science.
3. Psychic manipulation to disperse the remnant knowledge of the survivors - i.e. making the survivors all speak different languages, implanting new memories, deleting existing memories, creating cultural segmentation, etc.
4. Imposing new laws, customs and appointing kings who were controlled by them.
5. Reserving education, especially reading and writing, only to a select few so that the truth of our past would fade; and be lost with every generations waning understanding. First becoming legend, then myth and then ultimately forgotten.

There were other impositions made in our surrender and we see the effects to this day. It is the reason that there will never be disclosure from the government. Only a few of the most powerful people in the world are aware of our true past and they are not allowed to tell us. It would mean the termination of our surrender and our extinction.

Yes we are the descendents of an advanced civilization; we attained it by ourselves and then we fought a bigger shark then us and lost. The memory of this is still in our DNA. (What do you think all the junk DNA is? - it is memory... a genetic inheritence that the machine race could not erase but that they have managed to isolate and suppress from the majority of the species). Search your mind through meditation and you will know that what I say is true.

If you don't believe what I say.... I don't care......

-Euclid

[edit on 12-10-2007 by euclid]

top topics

join