It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My ghost experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hi,

First post for me, but have been lurking around for a while. Got particularly scared by black eyed kids the other day - hope i dont meet one of them!

I felt compeled to share my ghost experiences with you. Im no expert, and do not fully understand what happened, but hoped you could shed some light/tell me im not crazy :-)

A few years ago I lived with my parents in a converted barn house. The next door neighbours lived in a Farm house and were convinced they had a ghost. This suprised me as the guy who lived there was a very serious and level headed guy - not the sort to lie/joke about anything. I didnt believe in ghosts and so was a but un-nerved by his admission.

The first contact with our Ghost (in the barn) involved knocking at the front door. It would happen both at night, and during the day, but only when my Dad was not home. It happened many times - and the lounge window was positioned so that you could see the front door - no one was ever there.

At first we just thought it must be the wind, but i tested this by attempting to shake the door - you could only get a light rattle noise. The noise we heard sounded identical to someone knocking at the door - to the point where I tried to answer it several times.

Other activity seemed to focus on our video recorder (VCR if your american). It only ever did this to me - not to my sister or mum. If i was in the lounge on my own it would ocassionally turn itself on, or fast forward/rewind itself. Obviously as nobody else was with me the freaked me out a fair bit - nobody could have been doing it.

There was also a scratching noise that used to come from the loft space above my room...it would be quiete loud and persistant. We got the builder in several times as we thought it was rats or birds - but a proper investigation showed nothing alive up there. I have later been told that there was a similar scratching noise in my parents bedroom - but they didnt have a loft space above their room.

The craziest moment was when my parents were away on holiday. I decided to have a house party with some mates. Most people were in the lounge, 3 of my mates were outside having a cigerette, and I was on the toilet taking a dump (too much info - but its better to be accurate!).

I heard a massive bang - sounded like someone had got hold of a large peice of furniture and thrown it against the floor. I finished on the toilet and ran downstairs only to be met by my mate - totally white in the face running upstairs.. he was one of the guys who had been out having a smoke.

He asked if i believed in ghosts (I hadnt told him the place had some ghost like things happening). The three of them had been outside having a smoke when they heard a massive bang - the door of our double garage (was a converted seperate dairy house) had slammed itself shut. The Infared security light above it came on, and they heard footsteps walking away (nothing to be seen even with the light on).

This in itself is weird, but the following make it weirder:

1) All 3 people told the same story - one of whom is a guy I have known for 20 years now, and he still swears he was telling the truth.

2) The garage door was closed at the time - so how can it of slammed shut

3) You could not slam the garage door shut - it was on a weight balance system and would slowly close

4) There is no way I should have been able to hear the garage door slamming shut in the seperate thick stone walled house - but I did..and it made the ground shake.

5) I had been told that a guy was murdered in the dairy (that the garage was made from) years ago

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
and finally....

I was asked by the neighbours (in the haunted farm house) to lookk after their house over the holidays - which was great as they had satellite TV and we didnt. Me and 2 friends went overto watch TV one night, and 2 of us saw something at the same time. Somthing roughly human sized floated past the window outside.

The thing was almost smoke like - it had no definate form, was see through, but moved as if it was alive.

Im sure this was related to the ghost my neighbour had mentioned.

I lived in the barn for 3 years, and spent 3 years convinced that one day I would come face to face with the ghost - but the closest I got was next door with the weird smoke thing.

I guess what we had in the barn was a poltegeist like thing?

----

Remebered 1 more!

My mates house was supposedly haunted - he thought his granddads ghost mpoved his pictures etc.. I was never convinced.

Last year we went to his mum's birthday party (at his house). It had been a top night, and we got to the point of blowing out the candles on the cake.

We alss stood round and watched - she blew out the candles, and at the exact time a cabinate infront of us with glass shelves full of ornaments shattered. The glass shelves gave way and all the ornaments dropped - weird!

Also all of the pictures in the house were tilted when we looked at tihem. Not an earthquake - I live in the UK and we only get minor movements - none were reported that night.

please tell me im not crazy.. i believe in ghosts now

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
you might have read about my experiences in others threads so i'll keep it short.
a little kid died in my house in the 1800's weird stuff happens all of the time at my house and ever since my nephew was a baby he has talked about a little kid ghost. he is now three and a half and last time he saw it was over the summer. when i ask him to describe it it's always the same, a "really" white kid playing with his toys.
i don't think you're crazy this stuff is every where

join