It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SSSC) Lady of the Two Lands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Lady of the Two Lands:

Mathew was running down the path as fast as he could, the ground beneath him was opening up, “Your time has come” Said the woman’s overpowering voice “You cannot escape” “WHO ARE YOU?” Yelled Mathew “Your time has come” Repeated the voice. The crack in the ground widened and Mathew slipped down, he gripped the side of the giant hole but there were many arms pulling him into the glowing pit.

“AHHH!!!” Mathew screamed as he sat bolt-upright in bed, sweating. His parents burst in the door, “What’s wrong” Exclaimed his mother with a look of concern on her face. “Is there someone here?”, “No, just a nightmare” Said Mathew. “Good” Said Mathew’s mother, clearly relieved.

The next morning Mathew was shaking as he ate his breakfast, “What was all that noise last night?” Asked Mathew’s sister, “Nothing that concerns you Lia” Replied Mathew’s mother, “Now hurry up, you’ll be late for school.”

While Mathew and Lia were waiting at the buss stop, a strange woman watched them from the other side of the road, just standing there, watching. Mathew was about to say something when their school buss arrived. He got on with his sister and sat in the window seat on the side the woman was standing, he looked out the window but she was gone.

Mathew spent most of the day wondering what his dream meant.
"Is that woman going to kill me? No, she can't, it was just a dream. But, the woman at the bus stop…"

Walking to the bus stop after school, Mathew’s friend was watching him the whole time, “What?” Said Mathew finally, “Nothing” replied his friend, “What do you mean “Nothing”, you’ve been staring at me the whole time” “Well, it’s just; you seemed really distracted during class today.” “Oh yeah” Replied Mathew, “I had this dream last night, I was being chased down this road and, there was this voice, she said “Your time has come” or something.” His friend just stood there, staring blankly at Mathew. “What is it now?” Asked Mathew “look David, I’m getting really tired of this…” “My Aunt” Interrupted David “She had that dream.” “So what?” Said Mathew in an irritated voice, “she had the same dream as me, who cares?” “No!” Yelled David, “You don’t understand, she was murdered three days later.” “That could have been a coincidence” Argued Mathew “no it wasn’t” Sighed David “There was a note, all it said was “Her time had come”, nothing more, nothing less.”

The rest of the day was just a blank for Mathew, knowing he was going to be killed, he just didn’t care anymore, his life was over. That night Mathew was lying in his bed when he heard it again, “Your time has come” Said the woman, “Who are you?” Mathew asked for the second time, “I am Artemis” Replied the woman “It is your time.” “Why?” Asked Mathew desperately “Why are you going to kill me?” “It is not my wish” Replied Artemis “I am only the hunter, I do not decide.”

Suddenly the room was filled with a white light, Mathew felt as if someone was tearing his ribcage out, he screamed out in pain, only to find that he couldn’t hear his own voice, “I’m sorry Mathew” Said Artemis “I have no choice”, Mathew felt excruciating pain throughout his body, as if all of his limbs were being torn off all at once, then there was nothing, no pain, no light, no Mathew.

Suzie ran screaming down the path “Your time has come” Said the woman.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well it did say short story

look up the name Artemis good name, ties in nicely.

Roswell.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
"Your Time HAS come! jk my son liked your scary story!
Good concept like a classic.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Gee I hope "Your time has come" is never said to me by anyone whether it be Artemis or not. I'll be remembering your story roswell1 and hoping my time has NOT come. LOL

Snappy action here I like that.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
thanks a lot guys,
i didn't think it would kick off, thanks.

Roswell.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well done Ros, nice little story. Glad you've joined in the fun.

mojo

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I agree. nicely written. My kids also enjoyed this story. I guess they can relate being that your hero has to go to school and wait for the bus. Creepy and fits the classic Death calling theme well.

top topics

join