It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy "Canadian" Thanksgiving!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I would like to wish all the Canadian members of ATS
a Happy Thanksgiving Day.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful day spent with family and friends topped off, of course, with a great Turkey dinner.

Incidentally, one of the very best things about being an American living in Canada is that, every year I get to celebrate Thanksgiving twice!!!!!

Anyways, again, I wish all of my Canadian ATS friends the best on this special day!

[edit on 10/8/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow, I didn't realize it was so early up there. Is your harvest period really over?

Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians here!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Excuse my dumbness, but what are Canadians thankful for?

And if anyone says Hockey...

No really what's the story?

MonKey

Oh Yeah - Have a great day too.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Well, being an American who happens to live in Canada, I imagine that Canadians celebrate "Thanksgiving" for many of the same reasons that Americans do -- to "give thanks" and to appreciate the beauty and bounty that their beautiful nation provides. It's a time when Canadian families come together -- just like Americans -- to celebrate!

[I]originally posted by ChiKeyMonKeyAnd if anyone says Hockey...

No really what's the story?

Well, for some Canadians, it might just be hockey that they are thankful for (Go Red Wings). But a love of sport isn't limited to Canadians, I certainly know a lot of Americans (myself included) that are thankful for the NFL games on Thanksgiving. Originally from Detroit, I'll be watching the Lions battle Green Bay. Who knows, I might have something to really be thankful for!

Seriously, Canadians have as much to be thankful for as Americans -- from some perspectives, perhaps even more. And, just as seriously, Canadians, like Americans, appreciate and are grateful for the bounty that their beautiful nation has provided through a sensible government, a booming economy and a hard-working, multi-cultural populace and a country that second to none in beauty and natural resource. I'd say that Canadians have a lot to be thankful for.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Well, I give thanks to all kinds of things, just because I am canadian doesnt mean im not thankfull, Im thankfull for things like my health, education, job, friends, THE INTERNET, and of course, hockey...

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm thankful for the huge delicious family dinner I had today! muahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Ta muchly. Although I was wondering if there was some specific historical reference.

But having a huge dinner and saying thanks for the hockey sure sounds like a good way to spend a day to me!!

MonKey!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Canadians have Thanksgiving to be thankful that only Toronto(York) was burnt to the ground by the Continental Army during the war of 1812, and not the rest of their towns.

Oh yeah, to be thankful for not being conquered by the Continental Army and thus being a part of the United States of America today!

new topics

top topics

join