It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Columbus Day!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Super Secret tip: Columbus day is about worshiping the occult symbol the "Columbe" the dove, and human sacrifice. not Columbus, Columbus was a fictional character from my reserch. Do homework on this, your eyes will open further.
DWT

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
Super Secret tip: Columbus day is about worshiping the occult symbol the "Columbe" the dove, and human sacrifice. not Columbus, Columbus was a fictional character from my reserch. Do homework on this, your eyes will open further.
DWT

OK, I have to Deny Ignorance here. Their most definitely was a Columbus, we have his diaries and journals, public records of his imprisonment and journals from the crew members, almost all of whom were criminals. (Columbus acted so cruelly, that when he returned to Spain, he was thrown in prison for it, as he created such bad public relations with the Indians. This was by monarchs who fully backed the Inquisition, BTW, Ferdinand and Isabella, which says alot about how cruel Columbus must have been.)

The Colombe and the dove has NOTHING, absolutely nothing to do with human sacrifice, where do you get this stuff? Colombe wasn't even a deity until a French person invented her in the late 1600's.

Remember Noah released a dove on the 40th day of the great flood, as a symbol of peace? She brought back an olive branch and the symbol of the dove with the olive branch became a universal symbol of peace and love. The name was also borne by several martyrs and saints. I doubt that the Catholic church would be OK with that if the dove was a symbol of human sacrifice, they would have changed the names.

Google "Christopher Columbus diaries", also Colombe. You will find nothing there that says Colombe is an ancient deity or that she is a symbol of child sacrifice.

If you only do a little research, you will not understand the whole concept underlying things, especially mythology. Also,where you get your information is important. A simple Google search would have you brought up Columbus's diaries, proof that he did indeed exist. A simple Googling of Colombe, would have told you that there is no connection between her and child sacrifice or doves and child sacrifice.

Why we still celebrate Columbus Day is beyond me. After all, he committed genocide, wiping out the Taino Indians of Cuba (IIRC), casually cutting off ears and noses of Indians as he walked around, and atrocities too horrible to go into here. We now know he didn't "discover" America, and he wasn't even a very good sailor, he had difficulty finding his way around. He contributed not one good thing to the world, but did commmit alot of atrocities.
In closing, I'd like to present a quote by him. It is in the very beginning of Howard Zinn's excellent book "A People's History of the United States". Columbus had just arrived in the New World, just met the indigenous Indians and pronounced:
“They would make fine slaves. With fifty men we could subjugate them all and make them do whatever we want." In some other places, it is translated as servants, but the original wording was "slaves" not "servants".

More excellent info and quotes here:
www.youthink.com...

Don't Waste Time, you're wasting my time again. You didn't write much, but what you did write is full of misinformation. A quick Google search of 2 minutes would have told you the real facts.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

I think its ironic that you have your location as Columbus, and don't think he was a real person.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
sorry to troll but =there is nothing to celebrate about columbus

if he had never landed on america and i i hope you notice i'm not using discovered, there are a lot of things that could have been avoided

for starters ask the indians how they feel about it
or how about no slave trade
or no civil war
no poverty in the rest of america

need i say more, the only good thing about columbus day is that sometimes i get the day off and still get paid other than that

top topics

<< 1   >>

join