It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Hundred Young Americans by Michael Franzini

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Well, I just came across this. I'm not sure where to post this, but decided to post it here anyway. This stuff sounds really interesting. This book is coming out on October 30 - www.amazon.com...

Here is the official website -

www.100youngamericans.com...

It's about the photographer and author who travelled all 50 states, in total of 30 thousands of miles in five months - to meet and interview these teenagers (all kinds of teenagers) in order to capture the image of what's it like to be a teenager in America today.

I have to say I got to give him an applause for that and for his effort, no wonder it makes me think how I should buy it someday.

Here is some preview, may I add:

Jake [19, Arizona] has 15,000 friends on MySpace and gets followed through the mall by girls who recognize him as an online celebrity.

April [18, Nevada] is the youngest sex worker at the world famous Bunny Ranch, which she saw on the HBO series Cathouse. Every day, two or three men each pay $5,000 for an hour alone with her.

Jon [19, California] is a skinhead who proudly calls himself a racist. He says the white race is disappearing, and he’s pissed off about racial mixing. He lives in a trailer with a Nazi flag on the wall and a shotgun under his bed.

David [17, Maryland] plays 60 hours of role-play video games a week, and he tries not to talk to anyone at school. Kids at school make fun of his hair, but he ignores them and keeps walking.

Reskew [18, New York] is one of New York City’s most wanted graffiti artists. He wouldn’t let us show his face or use his real name. His tag appears in over 200 illegal locations around the city. He says he does it for the adrenaline.

For more stories and photos, you can check out his website.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

David [17, Maryland] plays 60 hours of role-play video games a week, and he tries not to talk to anyone at school. Kids at school make fun of his hair, but he ignores them and keeps walking.

Replace 'david' with 'dragonsdemesne' and 'maryland' with 'canada' and that sounds a lot like me back then. Actually, it still sounds like me :p At least my hair wasn't as bad as that guy's. Mine is just so curly that half the time it looks uncombed even when it is :p

April [18, Nevada] is the youngest sex worker at the world famous Bunny Ranch, which she saw on the HBO series Cathouse. Every day, two or three men each pay $5,000 for an hour alone with her.

Now, hypothetically, if I were the type to pay a whore for an hour of her time, I assure you, she would not be as butt-ugly as that girl! Maybe she's really good at making conversation?

Very interesting post, though. I'm going to have a look through the website; these sound like some pretty interesting people.

Oh, and I would say this is an appropriate place to post this, since it is a book, after all. I can think of a few other places it would have made sense to post, too, but I think this is the best one.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Thanks for your post, DragonsDemesne.

The book should contain a lot of photos and descriptions, should be interesting.

I can't believe she's only 18 and already making money off of hours with her. I saw on Maury there was someone introduced who was 19 and would make $20,000 or more per month. Damn.

As for your last statement, thanks. I was a bit lost there.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I love it! Those are stunning photographs and the concept is great. I love the graffiti artist. I want to get this book as soon as it comes out!

I don't like the first photo though. It looks very mean and sadistic. :shk:

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Are you sure you don't mean the third photo, Paresthesia? 'Cause the first one is kind of funny, I'm sure they're playing around.

top topics

join