It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats with 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
no way... the earth cannot end untill january first 2013 damit... no way are no myans incas or nostradomis gonna jip me out of xmas and my birthday on newyear's eve.... THATS RIGHT I SAID IT

posted on Feb, 1 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The 2012 refrence is from the aztec calender. This calender states that there are 13 heavens and 9 hells. After 13 heavens in decreasing choice and 9 hells in increasing doom the tree of life shall blossom with the the fruit never before seen in creation and new men shall spring from it.

Each of the 13 heavens and 9 hells are 52 yrs long (1'144 yrs total) Each of the 9 hells to worst than the last one. Aztec mytholo states that 1st age of man ended with animals eating humans. The 2nd finished with wind, 3rd by fire, 4th by water.

The present 5th on will end on decmeber 22 2012 it will be the last destruction of humankind on Earth. Thisso closely coincides with the Chinese oracle-calendar the 1st Ching.

This date is one day of from the Mayan calendar and will come to an end on sunday december 23 2012

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Anyone who is open-minded enough should read this article: www.geocities.com...

Also, there are many answers provided by the articles on that database.

posted on Dec, 20 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hi Medic...since this has been an area of interest and study for me i will give you the picture i have gathered through over a decade of study.
Our solar system and galaxy orbit the center of our universe where there is a Ocentral star formation projecting an enormous emount of photons into space.Our galaxies orbit with other galaxies around the central sta occlude us from the photon shower for thirteen thousand years(if i remember correctly)..and then re-immersed in it for an equal length of years to complete one 26,000 year orbit.
The astronomy has existed amongst anceint cultres such as the mayan,chinese and aboriginals that charts the cycle.According to many,everything on the earth will be changed...quickened,if you will.Many believe the earth will switch polarities at that time as well...causing numerous catastrophic events worldwide.It is a scientific fact that the frequency of the earth has increased unexplainably from a constant number to an increasing one....i dony recall the actual numbers,,,maybe someone else has the info..
Also the Mckenna study relating to the mayan calendar and i xing suggest that there are 64 concentric circles representing leaps in consciousness via the hundredth monkey theory (research it:up
The mathof the Mckenna theory says that the time between these "jumps" decreases exponentially each time....if you follow me.....to where the last set of them occur in something like .ooo21 of a second (again..not sure of exact number...look it up)and the date this occurs is on the winter solstice in the year 2012.
As for worrying about it....i believe that those of us who develope our light/solar bodies through Love will shed the fkes at the time of this occurence.Some might call it the rapture but it is not particular to any religion but Love imho....

"Fear not, for you are worth more than many sparrows"~Yeshua

posted on Dec, 28 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Nostradamus predicted the end at 2007, the Mayan calender ends on December 12 or 21 of 2012, and St John predicted 2011.
It is approaching and the good news is that the lord will return.
The only thing that really gets me is why did the Mayan calender end on this big eclipse?
It has been over 46,000 years since earth has seen anything like what is coming..
Another interesting thing that Nostradamus predicted, is that the last of the anti-christ would be the name Mahus, backwards now~ Suham(sadam)

Good luck all in the year 2006, where we need to warn family and friendds to stay away from the oceans and move in land..
watch for lots of hot climates and a major earthquake with huge magnetudes.

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by allisoneisall
Hi Medic...since this has been an area of interest and study for me i will give you the picture i have gathered through over a decade of study.
Our solar system and galaxy orbit the center of our universe where there is a Ocentral star formation projecting an enormous emount of photons into space.Our galaxies orbit with other galaxies around the central sta occlude us from the photon shower for thirteen thousand years(if i remember correctly)..and then re-immersed in it for an equal length of years to complete one 26,000 year orbit.
The astronomy has existed amongst anceint cultres such as the mayan,chinese and aboriginals that charts the cycle.According to many,everything on the earth will be changed...quickened,if you will.Many believe the earth will switch polarities at that time as well...causing numerous catastrophic events worldwide.It is a scientific fact that the frequency of the earth has increased unexplainably from a constant number to an increasing one....i dony recall the actual numbers,,,maybe someone else has the info..
Also the Mckenna study relating to the mayan calendar and i xing suggest that there are 64 concentric circles representing leaps in consciousness via the hundredth monkey theory (research it:up
The mathof the Mckenna theory says that the time between these "jumps" decreases exponentially each time....if you follow me.....to where the last set of them occur in something like .ooo21 of a second (again..not sure of exact number...look it up)and the date this occurs is on the winter solstice in the year 2012.
As for worrying about it....i believe that those of us who develope our light/solar bodies through Love will shed the fkes at the time of this occurence.Some might call it the rapture but it is not particular to any religion but Love imho....

"Fear not, for you are worth more than many sparrows"~Yeshua

Wow...the Hundredth Monkey Theory actually made a lot of sense, that is very interesting. So towards the end of tribulation, the people will reach a critical point and be sicken by the bloodshed, the war, the sinful actions, and will turn to something more peaceful. As people will yearn for peace and become more spiritual, the Hundredth Monkey Theory will take effect, and wham Global Conciousness!!!

Hmm...well I'm just trying to make sense with all of the predictions.

If we do move to the 4th dimension, I swear, my pets better move to the 4th dimension as well, or I'll be one piss off kid....well I'll be 24 by then, but yea.

[edit on 29-12-2005 by skyblueff0]

posted on Dec, 29 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
PRESENTLY I THINK NIBURU (PLANET X, 12TH PLANET) MIGHT HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH THIS DATE. I AGREE THAT THE MAYAN CALENDER ENDS HERE. MAYBE, BECAUSE THE 4TH DIMENSION TIME WILL NO LONGER EXIST AS WE PERCEIVE IT. THE ONLY ANALOGY I CAN OFFER IS, TIME FLIES WHEN WE'RE HAVING FUN, THIS IS BECAUSE WE AREN'T PAYING ATTENTION TO IT. SO IMAGINE IF IT WERE ALWAYS THIS WAY. BELLS AND WHISTLES MY FRIENDS, BELLS AND WHISTLES.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Graham Hancock's book, "Finger Prints of the gods" reads this statement about 2012: "The Fifth Sun, it seems, is going to come to an end on 23 December, AD 2012" as per the Mayan calendrical records.

posted on Dec, 30 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I heard a large astroid (forgot its name) would barely miss earth by about 300k. I remember hereing about it back in '97.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
bul#.it is not near,the end of the world
no one knows except GOD

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
So much misinformation.

Nostradamus, whose quatrains can be interpreted in many ways anyways, made no predictions about 2012. His 'end of days' prediction was either 3786, or 3797 (based on what expect you believe). He never mentioned 2012.

Some of you might want to brush up on the actual origin and purpose of the Mayan calendar, here:

en.wikipedia.org...

Where you can also read:

The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar forms the basis for a New Age belief, first forecast by José Argüelles, that a cataclysm will take place on or about December 21, 2012, a forecast that mainstream Mayanist scholars consider a misinterpretation, yet is commonly referenced in pop-culture media as the 2012 problem. [12][13]

"For the ancient Maya, it was a huge celebration to make it to the end of a whole cycle," says Sandra Noble, executive director of the Foundation for the Advancement of Mesoamerican Studies, Inc. in Crystal River, Florida. To render December 21, 2012, as a doomsday or moment of cosmic shifting, she says, is "a complete fabrication and a chance for a lot of people to cash in."

Which describes it perfectly. A new-age belief, that many will use to fleece the gullible. I have a feeling many that visit this board could be fleeced.. unless you educate yourself and denounce such silly theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join