It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam may bring more benefits in the afterlife!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If you are considering where to head in the afterlife you should consider your options very carefully. I have seen advertising booklets from Christians, Jehova's Witnesses, etc. with nice pictures of paradise. Their rendering of paradise looks tempting in many respects. For instance, the scenery is great, the air is clean, and people seem to live in harmony in peaceful communities. However, there is a catch. In some pictures men appear to be toiling, harvesting the earth, picking large amount of fruits and vegetables for communal needs.

It seems odd that we would toil here on earth for decades only to end up as hard working farmers in paradise. While this is certainly better than going to hell, it would appear that one can do better by considering Islam. For instance, if you strive to meet certain criteria you can secure a place on a nice island inhabited by virgins. I don't know the deal for women, but perhaps someone can tell me. Now the island you get has bounties of food, so there is no need to farm the land. Instead you can read books, or entertain the virgins, all according to your desire.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Well go buy a koran then!

But until you'll get that nice promised island of yours you gotta crouch through the desert with your camels and AK-47's and fight Americans.

So wich is better

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Can someone elaborate on the 72 virgins thing? That seems so utterly phony and blackmail-ish, terrorism or not. Is that something the extremists made up? Someone give me some input.

And if there really are 72 virgins, what are there for women?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah, same thing with christianity...

Don't believe it, go to hell. Simple!

(i don't believe any of it so i must go to hell when im dead right?
)

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Agreed, I am not defending Christianity.

Keep that in mind.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Can someone elaborate on the 72 virgins thing?

It was Hitchens, I think, in God is Not Great that said the whole virgin thing was a mistranslation, and the word is actually supposed to be "raisins."

Yeah, when I googled for a reference, I found a thread here at ATS (4th listing if you put "virgins raisins Koran" as the keywords -- go, team!).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   
haha, now THAT is funny!

all those extremists expect to see 72 women when they die... hmm

*extremist arrives at the gates of allah*

"Allah"; Now, hold out your hand, and you will be rewarded!

I would really like to see the looks on the guys face

[edit on 8-10-2007 by PureET]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Just how "dericious" are these seventy-two olives?

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

They have to be extremely good to die for, doesn't matter if they are raisins or women, as long as they are extra virgin.... whahahaaaaa
I am so getting flamed for this......

(joke)

It is really entertaining to discover that religions may be trying to attract converts with having better rewards than the next religion.

Reminds me of the banks and hawkers in my area doing just that.

I love a good bargin...... whahahahaaa

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you believe this, you can choose from Curtain number one or two.
If you believe that, its curtain number three.

Are we doing right because it is right, or because we want the reward?

What person would ask for praise in something that should have been done in the first place?

Islam vs Christianity based on the reward? How low can we go?

No eye has seen,
no ear has heard,
no mind has conceived
what God has prepared for those who love him

Peace

[edit on 9-10-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Firstly I'd love to know where all these virgins are coming from - does god/allah have a stockroom filled with fresh virgins (and what age would they be cos there are some 70 year old virgins out there) Or could it be that they get all the virgins that died like those old haggard nuns and the like.

Also what happens when you've devirgined one of them? Does she get cast to the side and a new one brought in?

Do you get to pick your virgins?

What if the ones you like don't like you?

This heaven seems a wee bit one sided, mind you every heaven seems a wee bit one sided, a bit selfish. And when you tend to think about your particular heaven and what you will supposedly get you find that certain morals and principles are discarded, which makes it highly unlikely that that heaven would exist (only in the head of the believer)

One mans heaven is anothers hell even if they do believe in the same religion

G

top topics

join