It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you proud of where you live?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Are you proud of where you live?
Does where you live stick out from other places and would you live there forever if you had the chance
Or do you hate the sight of your hometown and just want to leave as fast you can

Please tell

Iam Both lol
One im proud because it sticks out from every other place in Ireland, Its called Athlone
however i hate it because because well... this video shall show you lol...

SNIP
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.
UPDATE: The Discussion Of "Illegal Activity" On The Above Network Sites (ATS, BTS, AP).

(one use of strong language)

The first thing you see of the tower... under that the houses there....that is the most scumbag infested place in the world lol

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Disgustipated]

[edit on 8-10-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Disgustipated

of course i am proud of where i live
St Albans is the best city in the UK
and i dont see my self living anywhere else

[edit on 7-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I imagine most folk could move ever few years if they could. Say thats a nice soundtrack to that video man. Its beautiful here in the US where I live I'm sure there are nicer places though.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Well.. I live in Bush's homeland, Texas. So no I'm actually quite embarrassed of where I live...

I want to move to Canada or Europe.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I don't hate where I live per se. There's less people and I like that, beautiful and some things to do, despite not being close to ocean(which is my favorite place of relaxation). However I'm not proud of here and people say "I'm sorry", when they hear where I'm living now, saying it's that horrible! They never said sorry when I lived in my hometown, infact they wanted to move there. I was more proud of where I was born and raised-more diverse, tons of things to explore,best beaches in the US, more known, etc. But have moved on from that, as it's soo different there now. I felt I was pushed from my home due to overcrowding, crime and more. Don't get me wrong I do like Wash. and the Pac Northwest as a whole, but it's more bumf*k nowhere than I'm used to. I like to travel/live different places, have a worldly experience, so this is just a pitstop.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Are you talking about my town or my state? I love my state, but, my hometown,uhhh, I can do without it.
:shk:

[edit on 8-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I live in Canterbury, a city untouched by industrial revolution in Britain. Some of the best historic buildings you will find in the United Kingdom. (google "Canterbury Kent")

Like many, I do criticise my city and even my country, but Britain is who I am and I'm proud to live here.

Everytime I return to Canterbury, see the cathedral rising in the skyline I get a warmth in me. It's a sense of belonging and feeling proud of this great city.

Canterbury will always be in my heart.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I get the same response when I used to tell people I lived in Minnesota. "Oh I'm sorry, it must suck."

On Valentines day our house in Minnesota burned down and we stayed with some friends in Prescott Wisconsin. Now we bought a house in Prescott and plan on staying here permanently and I'm sure I will still get the same response in the near future. But you know, not everyone wants to live somewhere warm and tropical.

My town is a pretty small town. We only have two mainstream food chains here (Dairy Queen and Subway), the city tries hard to keep other big businesses out, yet the town is on the Minnesota boarder and close to plenty of bigger cities where we can go to get everything.

I wouldn't say I am proud, but I do like it here.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I absolutely HATED Florida where I was born and grew up. But now I live in New York City and I chose to move here and am very happy with the choice.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I live in Ohio. I really never thought much about Ohio - either way. I am amazed at how much it has changed over the years, but it still seems to be a farm state, with little to offer - unless you are a diehard Buckeye, Reds or Indians fan (which I am not because my ex-husband was a fan-ATIC).

The one thing I have noticed is many Ohians take living in Ohio as seriously as family. I have had a few friends who would rather die than move from their town, much less their state. You would think they were New Yorkers (loyalty-wise, I mean).

I like where I live. I like Ohio. But I am not my town, my state or my alma mater. I like who I am - but I would still be me if I had to move to a new town, if "my" football team lost (I hate it when fans say "we won last night!" YOU didn't have anything to do with it!), or if we had to relocate to another state.

So, I like where I live, because it's my life right now. If I moved tomorrow, I'd make it work for me and my family there, too. Life is short -it should be good, it should be fun - and most of all ... you should be ready for whatever comes your way. It can change at any moment.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Definitely both. I'm from Detroit, Michigan. I love the people here and the surrounding suburbs, but the downtown area is pretty bad. The sports teams are also generally fantastic (except the Lions :shk: ). The area right by the sports stadiums is in nice shape because they have been renovating it, but the rest of Detroit is in terrible shape and very dangerous (for the most part).

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Uh, no.

The only thing that comes up outta here are talented black people that are "comin' up out tha hood".

To name a few, Allen Iverson (Newport News), Michael Vick (Hampton), Missy Elliot (Portsmouth), Pharrell from the Neptunes & N.E.R.D. (Virginia Beach), Clipse (Virginia Beach), etc..

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'm proud of where I live, but the traffic sucks here so much... there is way too many people living in such a small area!

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm proud of livin' in Williamsburg ,Brooklyn ..... everyone's nice but there's tons of sickos and something new happenin' everyday . New York has everything rolled up in one big toxic ball , hehehehehhe..... just kiddin' , I wanna live the rest of my life here
. But if I were rich I'd leave outta here in a heartbeat !!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well I live near Marseille in the south-east of France, and I can't say i'm proud of it, in fact I HATE this place. Fortunately my time here is soon over as i'm moving back to my homeland Ireland

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
For the past ten years I've lived in Tulsa and Oklahoma City for the most part. Comparing the two is like comparing apples to apples basically. They are the land of the whitebread nothingness of America. There's a church almost every two blocks or so. I can best descibe the area as being about twenty years behind the times. Too many have their heads stuck in the bible to see how the rest of the world is operating.

As poor as it sounds I'm not keen on moving anywere else at this time. I grew up along the Texas Gulf Coast near Houston. I miss the Houston I left but it's not the same place anymore. It's just another big city with big city problems. I'd move somewhat north of Houston if I could afford to. The only problem is everyplace seems to be made of gated or heavily restricted homeowner associations. So much for my freedom to live as I want to.

The only thing else I'll write at this time is:
God bless Jack-N-the-Box fast food and when can I get some in Oklahoma.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Barnsley- South Yorkshire, north east England.

Quiet, no enthics, not much or any trouble. quite peacful. thought very igroant and racist.
and they stand as one when anyone gets hurt very protective to whom they make a barnsley person.

I move from Leeds which is 3rd biggiest city in Britian the capital of the north.
I like manchester thought so if i had a choice ad live in manchester and ad love it but barnsley for now is nice en quiet.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I live in Missouri. Kansas City is where I live now but I grew up in a very small rural town. I would rather live in Texas closer to the coast. I don't have any serious issues with Kansas City except for our baseball and football teams. God help them.....:shk:

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Paresthesia

I love your home state. Do you live in one of the bigger cities? Or rural? Do you really want to leave the US?

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Texas is kew, I guess.

They made it so you only get a ticket for up to 3 and half ounces of cannabis, however 2 counties in texas made it so you still get jail time.

I live in 1 of the 2.

a place called Odessa, a whorish city, once murder captial of the world per captia! its a dirty hell hole basically. It's sister city is the other county that sucks just as much, "home"town of bush and his woman, Midland...

Oil Industry built towns.

top topics

join