It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was hypnotised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I would tell my story, but nobody would believe it so, sigh. I suggest avoiding hypnosis if you can, ripping out those triggers is a real pain.

I'm afraid I'm not gonna go for that. Give arguments for your view please, I've heard so many theories that I'm not tempted to believe one as much as I did before.

In case you meant that in hypnosis you are vonurable:

I'm gonna have to disappoint you... When in hypnosis you're using your sub-conscience. It is extreamly powerful. Maybe (we don't know) the things you think of are possible, but the sub-conscience has got many back up systems protecting itself. I't not gonna let something just run over it...

- Chris

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
When I was referring to hypnosis, I was referring to experimental and hostile uses of hypnosis used on American citizens.

I understand I can not validate my experiences, I only say that many uses of subconscious conditioning are used.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
First I'd like to agree with the poster saying that hypnotism doesn't make you do things you don't want to and isn't something that happens without conscent. Also, the reason why long-term hypnotism doesn't work (brainwashing) is because your mind 'wises up' to it being merely a trick or mechanism to get you to do things. Self-hypnotism is the same way.

My favorite hypnotist testimony:

In summer college, there was a stage hypnotist who called people up. He selected through a number of people as he was doing the mental regression. Filtering through to about ten percent, he had the volunteers perform some pretty fun and funny things.

The one thing no one could stop talking about was with a friend of mine who stayed a few doors down from me, Matt Z********. He was asked "Have you ever played guitar before?" Matt said "No". The hypnotist told him he was a music star and had been practising for months on a new song and tonight he was going to perform it. He did a lot of mental 'pumping up' confidence boosting and handed him an acoustic guitar. He played and sang incredible! Better than most things on the radio. Back at the dorms that night he said he remembers THAT he did it, but doesn't remember how he did it. To everyone's dismay, he could not recreate the experience. Had any of us known beforehand, we would've brought a recorder. The hypnotist explained at the end in a question and answer session that Matt had probably seen a guitar played before (even though he never played one), he had heard one played before and all he was doing was helping him to take bits and pieces of it that were stored in his subconcious to create his own. Very cool...

[edit on 10-10-2007 by saint4God]

I am starting to believe, but still sceptical of such claims.
I knew a guy who was paid to pretend to be hypnotized.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The official studies on Hypnosis do not conclude that the subject must be willing, if the subject is off balance and in a non hostile environment trance can be induced without consent. If you ever do any self hypnosis you can set up triggers to be aware of this attempt.

This only states that the question is still unresolved, but it is an old study.
www.theblackvault.com...
pdf file page 35 Senate hearing on MKULTRA

Another possibility might be the combined use of drugs with hypnotic trance and hypnotic suggestion. hypnosis could presumably prevent any recollection of the drug experience. Whether a subject can be brought to trance against his will or unaware, however, is a matter of some disagreement. Orne, in a survey of the potential uses of hypnosis in interrogation asserts that it is doubtful despite many apparent indications to the contrary. that trance can be induced in resistant subjects. It may be possible he adds to hypnotize a subject unaware, but this would require a positive relationship with the hypnotist not likely to be found in the interrogation setting.
In medical hypnosis, pentothal sodium is sometimes employed when only light trance has been induced and deeper narcosis is desired. This procedure is a possibility for interrogation.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The official studies on Hypnosis do not conclude that the subject must be willing, if the subject is off balance and in a non hostile environment trance can be induced without consent.

As far as I know there are no "official studies", would you please refer to the group conducting the experiments? And here is a question for you:

if I want to hypnotize someone, he has to follow my instructions, is he doesn't want to, he whon't.

Then again, the exception is a situation where the subject is not aware he/she is being hypnotized.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
You mentioned Derren Brown earlier, I have seen him perform live in London and he is a very clever man.

Derren doesn't claim to hypnotise or control peoples minds (despite the fact that his show is called "Mind Control") Its all about subliminal messages. To the outsider it may appear he is hypnotising or controlling a persons mind but if you look back, subtle hints have been dropped to make the brain think this way. The mind picks up on an unbelievable amount without a person even realising it and Derren Brown has studied for what appears a long amount of time, to understand this and use it to his advantage.

Sounds obsessive but I am a huge fan of derren Brown's and would love to understand more about the human sub-concious. I have always thought (naively) that I would be one of the people he wouldn't be able to do this to and that I would be the sort of person a "stage" hyponotist avoids, however saying that probably makes me more vulnerable!

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Here is a news source, although 'left' bias, that confirms documents were unclassified
www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/06/27/1428212

Here is the place they are assembled on the web through information act requests.
www.theblackvault.com...
The studies were done by the CIA.

List of Orne studies
www.psych.upenn.edu...

I agree that a person would not do something against there character, but a trigger installed could get them to act or do things without knowing the reason.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I agree that a person would not do something against there character, but a trigger installed could get them to act or do things without knowing the reason.

Once a person accepts a trigger, it is indeed possible to use it at any time. You can for instance create a hallucination by saying a word. But if the suggestion triggering the thought is not accepted, the trigger will never work.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisDeemian
Once a person accepts a trigger, it is indeed possible to use it at any time. You can for instance create a hallucination by saying a word. But if the suggestion triggering the thought is not accepted, the trigger will never work.
- Chris

Interesting, let me give some examples. How about a trigger that when you think of a tiger, you will get an image and begin to think of a white elephant. Now this does not go against a persons beliefs, it only directs flow of consciousness.

Or a more elaborate one, "what you say you believe to be real" this actually creates a self feeding frenzy and can lead to disorientation easily. If someone says they think their ears as to big, a slight distortion in their perception will see their ears as to big. It can help create Alice in Wonderland.

These are not in contrast to morals, but are perception orientated.

I also read of one, where the pronouns used in internal thought are changed. So when you think "I should do this" you actually think "you should do this" then the person has the old voice in the head thing.

Or how about regressing to a painful or anxiety event, then attaching that event to a trigger. Just anchor anxiety to an external event, or internal thought.

Just a few examples down the lines I was thinking of.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
All possible.

No doubt.

If a person accepts the suggestion (either by liking it, or by trusting the person giving the suggestion) it will take effect, if of course the suggestion is given to the sub-conscience.

- Chris

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisDeemian

I honestly after a bad encounter, set up trip wires that have served me well, a box in the mind where I exist, alarms and triggers to keep at bay.

Difficult to explain, but a few years of confusion teaches lessons few learn, and none should.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I honestly after a bad encounter, set up trip wires that have served me well, a box in the mind where I exist, alarms and triggers to keep at bay.
Difficult to explain, but a few years of confusion teaches lessons few learn, and none should.

Could you be a little more specific? Because I've got no idea what you're talking about

- Chris

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Hypnosis is the holy grail of the ruling elite.
With it you can fix elections, create amnesiac assassins, corrupt juries, start wars, steal trade secrets, and then ease your conscience about all the attrocities you have just committed.
With hypnosis you can force people to believe things that are not true - for example the notion that hypnosis can be performed against someone's will, or without their knowledge is a belief system that is reinforced on a daily basis.
Hypnosis is used to hide secrets so enormous in scale, that when someone slips up, and the truth gets out, whole generations debate endlessly their own hypnotically reinforced perspective of reality.
Hypnosis is the reason the justice system is a farce. Hypnosis is the number one reason why humanity is doomed.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChrisDeemian

Hi! I would also like to know more about
' Wake Hypnotic Suggestions or Hypnosis. '
I have been trying to find out more about it but THAT particular aspect of Hypnosis seems to get passed by, put one in circles, skirts any real answers, etc. In other words, not a lot of REAL information on that type.

ThankQ; ~Star~

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Could someone hypotize someone like me? I'm deaf and hard of hearing. Completely deaf in my right with 80% loss in the other. With a hearingaid I could hear better if I listen. I mean, the question is; Is it possible I could still be hypotoized if I choose not to listen to the words?

I've always wondered that. Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.

Regards,
edit on 4-8-2012 by TheProphetMark because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join