It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

inventor claims car running on air.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
don;t they have volkswagen golfs in the usa
I had lessons in one a TDI 1.6
moves great.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

No go to a Opel, Citroen, Peugeot, SAAB, or Skoda dealer.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

SAAB : may be.
Opel : NEVER.
Skoda : I guess you're kidding right ?
Citro�n & Peugeot are french cars : Who would dare to buy one ?

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Lol!!!

Btw... FYI Opel is American owned... (General Motors)

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

You're wrong about Saab. Saab builds very reliable cars and if I had the money I'd buy myself a 9-3 sport sedan right away!

www.saab.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This is the "Family Model"?!
i'd go nuts sittin in that thing with 3-4 other people.

And heres the motions of the piston.

Does anyone else find this very interesting?

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
I hope that this guy has bodyguards or at least a gun. The oil companies dont like it when mess with their money.

By the way markluitzen your ATS points are at 6666 right now. (are you the beast?)

[Edited on 27-1-2004 by thebeagle]

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This is proof of the downfall of society.

who

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I like this idea, the world is being destroyed everyday by the way we live. This is finally something that can actually make a large difference. The only problem I see is that the big oil companies are going to step in and if they dont kill the guy that invented it, they will buy up all the patents from him for insane amounts of money and the entire concept will dissappear, as has happened in the past.

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm surprised the guy actually lived long enough to produce his invention. I thought some rich oil-bastard would have send a hired-killer after him or something.

It sure his a great invention for the environnement, but being a driver, I'm sure there's no way the current models can offer the torq of gasonile engines.

So that's a no-no for me

posted on Jan, 27 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
It's not the first time someone has figured out how to make a car run just with air (pressurized in hermetically sealed containers, using convection to move the piston's) - just the first time its been covered by a big media corporation. If this guys car does come out, I'll be surprised. If he is found dead or missing or you don't hear anything about this car ever again - I won't.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
This is a really cool idea, and what would be great is if one day someone created a car that just ran on normal air (like it sucks it in from the outside). I have to agree with you all - it is ugly as hell. I don't mind so much about the SMART car (they've got a new car coming out over here - a really cheap-arsed and tacky looking sports car), but the family model....*shudder* You wouldn't catch me dead in one of those things (well, you might since I'd probably die from the sheer ugliness if I ever even got close to one). I think I'll stick to getting my Nissan Skyline thank you very much.

posted on Jan, 28 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
the technology already exists to run conventional engines on hydrogen,,,when burnt, hydrogen emits pure oxygen. a friend of mine worked on the project at cooper union in nyc. makes more sense, you keep the performace, minor engine changes and you have a free source of fuel...hydrogen can be made from garbage from what i'm told...maybe someone here can confirm?

[Edited on 28-1-2004 by enomus]

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Dunno about making hydrogen from garbage, but it's great to run cars with! Here in London we've got a couple of test buses running on hydrogen (the H2O, running the 55 route) and they're great - all they do is give off steam! I've never been on one, just seen them, but apparently they're also really quiet.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Amsterdam got one of h2o busses as well in amsterdam North. that is.

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Now the trick is bicycle pedals to pump up the air!
Suitably geared this may be possible.

who

posted on Jan, 29 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I live near chicago and our city buses are being converted slowly to hydrogen. On the news quite a while back Mayer Daley was seen with a glass filed from the tail pipe and he drank it. I dont think i would have gone that far to prove how safe they are, but hats off to him. The buses are quieter as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join