It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all muslims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
you don't have to be muslim to live in islam...
i know coptic christians in egypt.

Yes, but while the government may tolerate them, the general populace may not. Egypt only recognizes three religions; Islam, Christianity, and Judaism. As far as I know, all other religions there are illegal, or at least not supported by the government. That's usually the most tolerant an Islamic country can get, as Christianity and Judaism are the predecessors to Islam, or "people of the book", as they are called.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kacen

Well, I don't know about Shintoism being "racist," but they are into a lot of ancestral worship, so, I guess it wouldn't be surprising. Shintoism, much like Islam, is one religion I don't know a whole lot about. I have read mostly about Christianity, Gnostic Christianity, Buddhism, and Hinduism. While I have read some on just about all religions, the four forms that I mentioned are the ones I have read most extensively about.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Bodrul, all I can say is , duh!!
Who ever said that all Muslims were Arabs?

havent you read the replies on ATS?
most members seem to call muslims on ATS Arabs :shk:
and most think arabs make up most muslims

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Bodrul, to be honest, I don't post on many of the Islamic threads. I'll tell you why. Admittedly, my knowledge of Islam is limited. What I have read and heard about it is not, no offense, very appealing to me. Most of the time, I refrain form posting on this Islamic threads because they don't really contribute to me understanding of the religion at all. So, no, I haven't noticed the posters here saying that all, or that even most, Muslims are Arabs.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

It's true. I've seen bodrul being called an Arab so many times, it must be terribly annoying for him, hence the reason for this thread, though it probably would be better to open such a thread in the Rant section. I myself wouldn't like to be called an Arab. To be frank I think they're kind of useless... arrogant for no good reason. This is of course from my own personal experience. Maybe I've had the bad luck of only encountering arrogant Arabs.. maybe that's just the way they are.

Yeah, that's my rant about Arabs.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
He is Bengali, which if I recall is well Indian.

Am I right?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

spot on,
i would put this in Rant but this topic was more to educate people on muslim diversity (that muslims arent refined to Arabs, but then again like all my topics on islam its always ruined)

reply to post by Kacen

i am Bengali (which isnt indian ) but very close since our launguge and so on is very simmiler. and India, pakistan and bangladesh was one nation, the pakistanis just screwed it up for us all by wanting an islamic state.

(why i am greatfull that we split away from them)

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is a good step that you have taken to educate people, I know you and I have found each other in many ME threads and since they issues involved Arabs Muslims I see how many people could infer you being arab. If I ever have been guilty of that please accept my apologies.

Beachcoma:

Arabs are not all rude, I have been to many countries, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar and one other that I forgot the name, I have talk to the people and depends were you go, you get your opinion. IMO there's no much of a difference in regards to them, you get your uneducated ones, the rude ones, the annoying ones, also the polite one, well educated, well spoken and cordial I have met them all I think.

The big divide is in religion, politics, and economics is funny how we are fed propaganda here about them and they get the same over there about us, is really perplexing. Some of them never seen the U.S. past what they allow to see in their local TV's stations, I showed a group of Iraquis some photos of my hometown in P.R. and some pics of where I live in the U.S. and I could not believe that the average iraqui has no clue of how we really live here so they can not correlate to us, the same way don't know how they live there and we can not correlate to their daily life and struggles.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well, anyone who assumes that someone is Arab just because they Muslim seem rather shallow to me. I guess black Muslims are Arabs too...
Anyway, I think it's all kind of ridiculous, really.

[edit on 9-10-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join