It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not all muslims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
not all muslims are ARABS

seriously this jas become a joke and should be straightend out

Arabs make up a smaller percentage of muslims then Asians
(South asia and east asia have a larger percentage)

Just because one is muslim doent make them an arab
just like not all arabs are muslim as they are jews and christian arabs

just thought i would make this topic to point this out

[edit on 7-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
What can you do bro? Most people who make those assumptions are usually quite ignorant of the whole religion in general. They are also the type who would most likely assume that Muslim majority countries are either:

(a) violent places

(b) a desert region full of sand

(c) all of the above

The best thing one can do is just ignore them. They're usually quite trollish, and you know what they say about trolls -- don't feed 'em.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hey Bodrul! Long time no see!!

Isn't Indonesia the largest practising Muslin nation on this planet? Not to many Arabs there , but not to many women either. They're all in Hong Kong working as maids!! Sorry: Domestic Helpers. One has to be PC these days!

MonKey

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ChiKeyMonKey

Eh? I thought in Hong Kong they prefer Filipino maids? Domestic helpers.. never used that term before...

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Yeah most people do prefer to get Phillipino helpers, but they shot themselves in the foot by asking for better money etc etc, a few years back!! The Gov put a minimum wage in place - This is the only minimum wage in HK, which is awful!! So now lots of people op for Indonesian helpers who can be paid less,(not legally mind, but there seems to be many ways around things) and now alot of them have also learned cantonese.

MonKey

Sorry for the thread Hijacking!!

[edit on 7/10/07 by ChiKeyMonKey]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I'm aware of that.

I know someone from a gaming forum from Kosovo, and hes a Muslim...well, hes a Muslim as much as a typical Catholic is a Catholic.

He drinks alcohol and eats pork, go figure.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hear ya, Bodrul.

I think that it's easier to dismiss something that makes people uncomfortable if they can find some way to negate it and deride it.

Muslims - Arabs, atheists - Stalin, etc.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Very well stated Bodrul. I often find the people that make these statements have a rather small world.

Bumped for free

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Not all muslims are ARABS

Yeah yeah I know. Got English muslims, have American Muslims, Asian Muslims, not to forget our favorite the Middle Eastern Muslims maybe there is Mexican Muslims too. Yeah looks like Islam will wipe out all other religions. But since I'm a small minded little twit that don't know any better.

Islam is growing like wildfire already reaching the 4 corners of the globe.

People have a right to choose not to be forced to convert or die if they decide not to. And no one should live in fear when walking down the street wonder if they will get stoned to death because their dating someone who is muslim.

Islam did originate from the Middle East you know. And it was told that Muhammad asended to heaven from the Dome of the Rock. (If thats really true I don't know.) And guess where that is? Israel and you want to boycott their goods? Is it because their a Jewish State? (Makes a note buy more Israeli goods.)

Perhaps you need to learn the value of human life Bodrul and then learn to respect others and their beliefs.

With Islamists stuffing their beliefs down others people's throats and threating them with death isn't the best way to win them over.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ur on my ignore leyla but i can still read your replies when i post,
stay on topic please if you want to to talk about Islam and conversion bs go to the othe topic.

this topics about Muslims arent just arabs

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Your on my ignore Leyla but I can still read your replies when I post,
stay on topic please if you want to to talk about Islam and conversion bs go to the othe topic.

this topics about Muslims arent just arabs

Oh goody like I didn't know that Bodrul.. If a Mod tells me to stay on topic I will comply. I kindly ask you not to order me around. Thank you. Perhaps you should reread my post. I believe I was on topic. Who are muslims anyway? People who pratice Islam.

Why did you even create this thread to get more sympathy for Islam and muslims?

Use your own mind don't be compelled to join anything or let anyone tell you what religion to join. Your are your own person. You are in charge of you. I'm sorry I had to get that out.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

ur on my ignore leyla but i can still read your replies when i post

Why did you put her on ignore? =|

If you truly believe in your religion, you should not worry about what she says, but instead you choose to put her on ignore, why?

(I sense your going to ignore me soon...mm...so be it.)

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla
People have a right to choose not to be forced to convert or die if they decide not to. And no one should live in fear when walking down the street wonder if they will get stoned to death because their dating someone who is muslim.

nobody is being forced to convert on any significant scale...

Islam did originate from the Middle East you know. And it was told that Muhammad asended to heaven from the Dome of the Rock. (If thats really true I don't know.) And guess where that is? Israel and you want to boycott their goods? Is it because their a Jewish State? (Makes a note buy more Israeli goods.)

the region of palestine is in the middle east... it's actually the western boundary of it.
israel didn't exist at that time.
and do you know why people don't like israel? it's a semi-genocidal state that breaks international law on a whim (though this is better reserved for another thread, look in the global politics section on abovepolitics and find my thread there, we can discuss this further)

Perhaps you need to learn the value of human life Bodrul and then learn to respect others and their beliefs.

in what way is bodrul not respecting human life? is it because of religion?
if so, you're a hypocrite, your religion is just as horrid and repressive (if not more, when you look at the history) as islam, even the holy text is a bit more violent.

With Islamists stuffing their beliefs down others people's throats and threating them with death isn't the best way to win them over.

sure worked for christianity for all those years.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kacen
Why did you put her on ignore? =|

after she randomly said, I would kill her for not being muslim
and that i would hunt her down and so on.

all i get from her is how evil i am for being muslim

i repesct your views Kacen even if its aginst islam
i wouldnt have added you as a friend on ATS if i didnt respect your views

only time i put anyone on ignore is if they go over board

(better go got a lecture in 45min)

[edit on 8-10-2007 by bodrul]

also Leyla as usual you come into one of my topics and act like a child.
just like you all ways do.

if you think i dont respect human life good for you, i dont really care that you think that. doesnt hurt my feeling. not like i freaking know you or want to know you.

this topic is about showing muslims arent just arabs not to gain sympathy if you even botherd to read the first post in the topic before shouting your mouth off once again.

anyhow keep at it as after this reply i wont be seeing your response when i reply. (got to love ignore)

[edit on 8-10-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Madness and Bodrul I think you both flipped your lids. But thats ok. Israel didn't exsist? HA I don't know what quack book you got that from.

Bodrul I don't go around sugar coating my religion telling people how good it is. Nor do I have a thread telling people about Christian beliefs.

Madness, Israel exsisted long before you or I. It just never was reconized as a country because some people are twits.

Bodrul your mad because I won't fall for your beliefs so go ahead and put me on ignore I care not.

Calling me a child is quite immature. I wasn't the one who started slapping people on their ignore list. You just don't want anyone questioning you and Islam. You have no clue of what I delt with in Egypt. Though it was a once in a life time experiance that I will never forget. There was a time when I was alone while I was looking for plants for my flat and then the man telling about the plants he grabbed me and advanced on me. I got away but afterwards nothing was done. I don't know what would have happened if I didn't get away when I did. I wasn't hurt but I was angry and furious and also scared. And you have the nerve to call me a child Bodrul?! Because I'm a woman you think you have to right to put me on ignore and belittle me? Don't you have a lot to learn. If I told my sister this she would have thrown a holy fit not to mention perhaps her going to Egypt and kicking this guys tail to Timbucktoo and back. After I came back I didn't mention this to anyone. If you must know I was engaged to a muslim and I'm not one, see why I'm scared and can't go back to Egypt. I value my life. So I think I am entitled to speak out. I willl not lie about something like this.

Just tell me this what would happen if I did go back to Egypt after I refused to convert to Islam? (Egypt is a muslim country) I want Bodrul to answer this.

I want to clear this up and put it to rest.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Leyla]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Madness, Israel exsisted long before you or I. It just never was reconized as a country because some people are twits.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Leyla]

Hmmm a lot of nations have existed that no longer are with us... Why should Israel be any different? Why should western powers keep its selected homeland secure?

Seems like that comes with the territory ya know, defending what is yours, and if you were to be beaten fair and square

but oh wait I forgot

GAWD has to be invovled, since they are his chosen people.

Now for my chosen ppl rant;

WTF God? Why did you make all of these other retarded ass humans to fill the gaps in?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Madness and Bodrul I think you both flipped your lids.

actually, we were both kind of calm in response to your ignorance.

But thats ok. Israel didn't exsist? HA I don't know what quack book you got that from.

...it DIDN'T exist as a nation at the time of the prophet.

Bodrul I don't go around sugar coating my religion telling people how good it is. Nor do I have a thread telling people about Christian beliefs.

actually, yes you do. you had a thread about a "miracle medic" and your belief in such, you sugarcoated the situation to further your religious convictions.

actually, before israel several cannaanite kingdoms existed, then there were genocides perpetuated by the hebrew people and they unified the area under their religious rule

once the babylonians, the persians, the romans, or any other empire took over.... israel didn't exist. at the time of the prophet, there was no nation of israel.

Bodrul your mad because I won't fall for your beliefs so go ahead and put me on ignore I care not.

bodrul is mad because you're stereotyping his/her beliefs and putting him/her in the same category and mindless lunatics.

aside, if bodrul was concerned about people questioning islam, i'd be on his/her ignore list... cause i question it.

Just tell me this what would happen if I did go back to Egypt after I refused to convert to Islam? (Egypt is a muslim country) I want Bodrul to answer this.

I want to clear this up and put it to rest.

you don't have to be muslim to live in egypt...
i know coptic christians in egypt.

(fixed egypt/islam error)

[edit on 10/8/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Bodrul, all I can say is , duh!!
Who ever said that all Muslims were Arabs?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
Hey Bodrul! Long time no see!!

Isn't Indonesia the largest practising Muslin nation on this planet?

Yes, they are. This always sort of surprised me because you would expect a country like Indonesia to be Buddhist or Hindu, or maybe Shinto.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
or maybe Shinto.

As far as I know, no other country besides Japan is Shinto. Due to Japan's historical isolation, and the fact the religion, like most (or possibly all) eastern religions are non-proselytizing, it never really spread to non-Japanese.

Ah, in addition, if I recall a friend a long time ago who is ethnically Korean who lives in Japan told me, she says that the Shinto religion is actually...well, in general terms racist; it is specifically for the Japanese people.

Once again, not surprising due to their isolation.

[edit on 10/8/2007 by Kacen]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join