It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disregard Every Post Referring To Bible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Recently i have been browsing around and after doing so much research on Christianity, Judaism, And Islam.

Its just so hard to belive something that refers to the bible as evidence. Especially since i believe the bible has been munipulated in so many ways, I think the bible was created based on sumerian text. Which also leads me to say that Islam and Judaism are also illegitimate to me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

As soon as i see Some sort of prediction or evidence to something, and it refers to the bible. I go to a different Post.

What do you guys think about this subjuct and everything I said above?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The bible has been watered down, but the prophetic books have a literal curse on them that the Catholic church dares not change them in any way.

Research it a bit, man. You'll discover ALOT. Prophets have large understanding of the past and present, thus you are able to make predictions based off of hundreds of thousands of years of repeated human cycles. They attributed it to "God", because alot of dreams come into play. That, and the forces that drive this Universe, are the forces humans strive to re-create, thus destroying ourselves in that quest to become "God", or...the virtual universe.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I believe that the Bible really is "The Greatest Story Ever Told." But it's just a story. I believe it gives great insight into the way people lived, worked, and operated at that time in history, but as for containing empirical theological proof, no.

Of course, that is my personal stance, no disrespect meant towards anyone who takes it to heart as semi-literal or literal. Just don't expect me to do the same.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tobiascore
The bible has been watered down, but the prophetic books have a literal curse on them that the Catholic church dares not change them in any way.

The funny part about this statement is that the Catholic church did not even exist when the Bible was conceived or written. It was a group of Jesus' followers, and not the complex, hierarchal, and secretive system we see today.

-Warlo

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Research it a bit, man. You'll discover ALOT. Prophets have large understanding of the past and present, thus you are able to make predictions based off of hundreds of thousands of years of repeated human cycles.

Yes i believe this to but only the prophecies that are similar in other cultures. To me christianity was designed to keep people in fear. The religion is based on fearing of going to hell, and what not to do.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zakd619

zak,

I think you have a God-given right to form the opinion you have. I've got no problem with that being what you've decided. Concerning your view on posts containing references to the bible: I don't see any problem with what you've decided on just skipping them and going on since they basically don't have any value for you within the construct of your beliefs concerning the bible. If you completely stay away from eschatological threads you will have a better chance of avoiding the issue in the first place.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zakd619
Disregard Every Post Referring To Bible

Well disregard this one, this thread, at least

One more thing, disregard all post refearing to any book, news report, or article, you did not personally see written, or have not personally done experiments to validate its contents.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warlo

The funny part about this statement is that the Catholic church did not even exist when the Bible was conceived or written. It was a group of Jesus' followers, and not the complex, hierarchal, and secretive system we see today.

-Warlo

It is my belief that Christianity was hijacked by the failing Roman Empire and thus the greatest hoax of all began. The Roman Empire morphed into the Roman Catholic Church. There is a big difference between Christianity the religion and Christianity the faith.

Following is the chart that demonstrates the Roman Empire and then The Holy Roman See.
The Heirarchy of the Roman Empire now called the Roman Church.

Vatican City is a landlocked state within the city of Rome, Italy. It is governed by the Bishop of Rome (called the Pope) are in fact clergymen.

It is the smallest sovereign state in the world.

Caesar Constintine began the "corporate takeover" by renaming all the old Roman offices, this evolution of name changing still occurs. Name changing allows a person to hide their tracks of origin.

Roman Empire offices & their modern names:

Roman Empire (Imperium Romanum) renamed: Roman Catholic Church

Curia (legal body of Senators) slight name change: Curia (legal body of Cardinals)

Roman Emperor renamed: Roman Pope (head of all church and state affairs)

Civil government matters of state: Extra-Ordinary affairs (matters of civil-state governments)

Religious orders matters: Church "ecclesiastical" matters

Roman College of Senators renamed: College of Cardinals

Magistrate of College of Senators renamed: Dean of College of Cardinals

Departments of the Roman Senatorial Curia renamed: Congregations

Political Ambassador renamed: Pro-Nuncio (highest civil ambassador sent to other governements, ie Wash.DC, London etc)

If a government has not signed a treaty with Rome which makes the Romans the head of the foreign country as certified in the Roman Code of Canon Law. This rebel nation which has no official ties has an ambassador called an Apostolic Delegate. The United States and the United Kingdom never allowed the Vatican to serve as their legal head until President Reagan quickly signed into law on January 10, 1984. This Treaty for the very first time in U.S. history recognized full diplomatic relations between the United States and the Vatican State.

In 1534 when the United Kingdom realized that the Treaty with the Vatican City-State made them subject to all the Popes rules they voided the treaty. Formal plomatic relations between England and Vatican State were broken. Full diplomatic relations with the the Pope's Vatican State were never restored for 448 years until 1982.

Roman Senators renamed: Cardinals

Roman Governors renamed: Archbishops

Roman Senator with no territory: Bishop (Code of Canon Law 376)

(Large) Roman Province renamed: Archdiocese

(Small) Roman Territory renamed: Diocese

Imperial Chair of Jupiter where Caesar sat renamed: Throne of St. Peter

Vestal Virgins renamed: Nuns

Pontifex Maximus (high priest of College of Senators) renamed: Supreme Pontiff of College of Cardinals

Pontiff or "high priest " of a pagan religious order (Zues, Apollo, Diana, Mars, Jupiter, Baal, Dionysys, Pythia etc) same name: Pontiff

A Pontiff (Latin: "pontifex") means bridge-builder or priest between man and the gods of the underworld.

The Roman Calender and Holy Days of the gods renamed: Calendar Holidays of the Saints

Voice of the gods speaking through Caesar: Ex-Cathedra: Voice of God speaking through Pope

Meeting of the Pontiffs (high priests) of the pagan religious orders renamed: Ecumenical Council of the Bishops

Legal act of creating a god (of a living or dead human, as was done to most of the Caesars) "Apotheosis of the Gods" renamed: Canonization of the Saints

A decree of Caesar (dictator for life): Pope's infalliable Dogma

Praying to a dead human god renamed: Praying to a saint

In the US the highest law of the land is the Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the Vatican State the Constitution is called the Code of Canon Law
Written by: Phil Jayhan

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Throughtout the years I have heard so many times that the world was coming to an end based on Revelations from the Bible. I was born and raised as a Catholic and like any other person as I got older I began to investigate my religion. It isn't pleasant to know the atrocities of Catholicism and what still goes on in the Vatican to date. The Vatican is a conspiracy all on its own (religious experience is for the masses) and has some very powerful and not so nice people......it is a mega-corporation and power, control, and wealth is their aim not the love of God.

I was disillusioned to say the least when I heard that Pope Benedict VI was a member of the youth group of the Nazi party. For me it just ties in where history repeats itself........Pope Pius XII and Hitler and the U.S. and the atrocities of the holocaust.

For me the Bible is based on a lot of natural disasters, I believe that the people that were written about in the Bible did exist in most instances. However, the whole book of Revelations, as far as my point of view goes, was written by someone who was on opium or whatever drug was available at the time. Today, this person could be a writer of demonic literature amd become very wealthy.

Since most people became literate due to the Bible being their one source of readable literature to teach and learn through their families.....it has become I think ???? one of the most powerful books through the centuries. Therefore, it continues to have great appeal as a source of reference for standards of moral behavior.

Anyway, I'm not a fan when it comes to reading about predictions or evidence based on what was written centuries ago. In particular, I don't think the book of Revelations is Prophetic!

Rubyteacup

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I haven't brushed up on my early Catholic history for a while but I believe it was at Nicea that our modern bible was "written" or more accurately "edited". I.e., it was decided what to keep and what to exclude.

The King James Bible that most of us are probably familiar with is yet again slightly different; it's a bit of a stretch to use the bible as evidence for...anything, really.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, in my opinion, there are three ways to view the Bible or any other form of information, depending on character.

1. Refuse to ever read it, because you assume it can't be true.
2. Read it and try to scientifically prove it.
3. Read it and absorb as much information as you can from it, regardless if it is true. Gather as much knowledge as you can in life (95% will be crap) and over time the truth will stand out.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakd619
As soon as i see Some sort of prediction or evidence to something, and it refers to the bible. I go to a different Post.

I go a step further, but I end my replies when the outcome is basically:
'I feel this about [Subject X] because the Bible/Koran/Talmud/any holy book told me so'

But I wouldn't encourage this behaviour, as even at the moment I'm surprised the 'Someone dislikes Christianity/Islam/FSMism?TEH BIGOTRY/CONSPIRACY!!!11!1' group hasn't decried this thread.

But hey, at the end of the day, they can base possible future events on manifold interpretations of a 2000+ year old text if they want.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm not much of a religious person. i believe there's a God, I just go back and forth on how truthful the Bible is.

What I don't like is when people use the Bible/religion to force a certain belief they have on others. That's going too far IMHO. Using that persons belief system against them to force another belief on them is pathetic.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I think the bible was written the way it was to personify peoples faith. People can read it, absorb the writings, and come out with COMPLETELY different opinions on it. That being said, its a matter of faith what you get out of it, and whether or not you believe it, Cheers on your research. I hope you continue to do so.

Regards,

camain

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I go for "The Greatest Story Ever Told"...but,...just a book full of storys...decient moral levelers...Nothing really to be taken very seriously....There are so many obvious comparisons to so many previous religions...Somebody cherry picked into a great story...moral benchmarks for people of the day ( and even now) that needed to told how to behaive inorder to get along...
....I think religions (organized) have done more damage than good threwout history...But,.......control is always "messy"..
.....A thousand plus years later and we still think there is an invisable "God" up in the clouds watching everything..And he gives messages to Bush..!...if YOU tell someone God is talking to you,.. folks think you are a loony.,...
...sorry.. I got way off subject...
..more coffee please...

top topics

join