It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just what the hell is this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
That fossilized finger is incredible. It's from the Cretaceous period! Really stunning when you think about how long ago that was.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Look at how often they find disc shaped objects with a notch cut out like the Dropa Stones or the other disc shaped objects that have a bump in one area instead of a notch cut out like the Mallia Table.

Something about those shapes was important. They've been found all over the world. I always found it weird that it's a common thing they find and they usually have some kind of writing on them.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Mankind is far older than Religions admit (because that would defunk their claims) and scientists can fathom and prove.
I have become a 'String Theory" follower to explain most 'odities' in our exisitence. Matter can not be created nor destroyed only altered in composition( gas, liquid, solid). we are all made up of the same chemicals as that which is around us- we are everything and everything is US (sound familiar). WE and our environment are connected and a change in one will cause a change in the other. the ol' 'stoner' line -"dude we could be a cell on the tip of my finger" is not so stupid anymore. Microscopic universes are seem everday in the lab. Those same configuration ar eoften found in our universe too. Would it make a diffenece if we found out tha twe are merely a cell in another life form. Would it still not be in our best interest to keep this 'cell' healthy and functioning. Do we really want to be a cancerous cell? If we ruin this world and elimiante our existence will we be the only ones to suffer? Does this also say something regarding our approach to health and areas which might help us improve our personal constituions. Perhaps the body is a Temple- with living beings depending on us to take good care of their 'universe'.(as I light a cigarette)

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I believe that it is entirely possible that we've had fully technological civilizations before. My only question is if we had conquered space millions of years ago, wouldn't there be proof that we had already been there? Or, would anything placed in orbit millions of years ago, fallen back to Earth?

I'd like to think that the moon anamolies and artifacts on Mars are leftovers from earlier civilizations that existed on our planet and possibly Mars.

If something catastrohic happened today and mankind had to rebuild over millions of years, there wouldn't be anything left of our current civilation. There might be bits and pieces, but eventually, everything would crumble and become buried and lost.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
all it means i that the "proven" methods of dating things are not as acurate as we once thought. also our knowledge of stone formation is definetely not accurate.

[edit on 8-10-2007 by icybreeze]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

tnks for the link to ufo area-----what can 1 say ?either visitors have left their "junk" behind on planet earth or there have been past types of modern day man made by the Creators as They experimented or we at some point in the future are allowed by G-D to make time travel trips back into our past to see what it was like and just as we do now we lose our stuff and refind some of it now before we get to our time travel future date-----this makes sense to me hope i didnt lose you ?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mystery_Lady

i take it that you like i believe in a Creator ? as time goes on in my life i am more willing to believe just about anything that is possible short of being allowed to break G-Ds laws willfully which i believe would exclude me from Their family membership with access to all the power They have-------there is no reason to assume that time travel is not possible with G-D beings therefore becoming members of Their family would permit us to enjoy this ?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
I'm thinking time travel could explain these artifacts. I would like to see the scientific analysis with documentation before I am amazed.

Yes. As I posted before, look on JJ Benitez's series of books Trojan Horse. It talks on how a ex-US soldier told him the story of a time travel experiment that happened in the 70's or 60's with the objective of traveling back to the time of Jesus Christ.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Pocket4ce

thanks -yes saw before but now will take a peak to see-wouldn't want to miss anything !

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The artefacts I find the most interesting are those strange cranes they have found.

Here's one that is on display at the London Museum

More pictures

There is also those cranes made out of crystal. The two most famous are on display at the London Museum and at the Paris Museum. Some people say it's impossible those ancient civilizations could carve things like that, because there is no trace of carving, and that the crystal it is made of is extremely hard.

Here's a wikipedia article, it is in french: Crâne en crystal

I've noticed for various things, the french wikipedia seems less biaised, less edited by the government than the english version. Perhaps. The english version of this crystal skull article has no information, just bashing of people who think those crystals are paranormal: Cystal Skull

The given explanation for the form of this skull is that the people in peru in that time would bind the head of small infants to give the skull this form, because it was considered beautiful. Why am I suddenly having doubts?

More information

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE POSTING 'EXPLANATIONS' TO THESE ANOMALIES:

There are MANY more unexplained phenomena relating to previous civilisations (Nan Madol for one) which you could not explain away.

Remember, it only takes ONE piece of proof to confirm the existence of past civilisations. Just one.

And i can think of several which have not been 'explained' here....

We are not the first

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
TO ALL THOSE WHO ARE POSTING 'EXPLANATIONS' TO THESE ANOMALIES:

There are MANY more unexplained phenomena relating to previous civilisations (Nan Madol for one) which you could not explain away.

That depends on whether we're talking about civilisations a few thousand years old or supposed evidence of humans from hundreds of millions of years ago

There's no evidence for any great antiquity for Nan Madol, and humans have been building towns for over 10,000 years - anything within that time frame may point to the existence of a sophisticated culture than currently accepted, but not for anything more advanced than existed elsewhere in the world at the same time.

Misrepresentation of supposed artifacts, simulacrums and probable hoaxes to purport human existence millions of year ago, or dispute geological timescales, is another matter

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
"this is prof that the theroy of evolution is wrong" ?? This is a christian propaganda page. Nothing more, nothing less ..

When this pice of evidence is in a museum, i will spend 5 more minutes on it ..

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Ok, here it is - it took me forever to summarise and write up so PLEEAAASE read it carefully and with an open mind.

It explains one potential reason for Nan Madol which could ONLY be the result of a past civilisation which worked WITH the earth, (not against it as we do), to achieve amazing results.

This is Lemurian technology at work.

The below is a summary of Frank Joseph's work from his book The Lost Civilisation of Lemuria.

Built on a coral reef only five feet above sea level between the equator and the eleventh parallel. It features 250 tonnes of prismatic magnatized basalt spread over 170 acres. THe basalt is magnetized in a highly unusual and unnatural manner - this is important and potentially an intentional affect. The average weight of each stone slab is 5 tonnes, with some weighing up to 25 tonnes each.

It is not an ancient city. It is presumed to be approximately 12,000 years old (too much to write to explain why, but proof is there). It is the same suspected age as the underwater ruins found of the coast of Yonaguni, Japan. Conventional/mainstream scholars have failed to determine how it was made, who built it, when it was built, for what purpose it was built and where the building materials came from.

It is positioned roughly half way between Hawaii and the Philipines, at the location where severe storms and typhoons are generated when cold air is brought into contact with the warm waters of the Caroline Islands - it is a meteorlogical fact that many severe storms originate from Nan Madols location. It is no coincidence. Because severe storms originate there, it is very rarely hit by these storms, making it the safest location in the pacific. Now the major effect which contribute to typhoons and hurricanes is electromagnetic energy - NOT water temperature (see Joseph Newman's work), temperature is importnat, obviously, but is secondary.

Platinum and silver 'bars' were found within Nan Madol.

The island attached to Nan Madol has unique and constant subtle siesmic activity. Seismic activity generates piezoelectricity. The piezoelectricity works with the strangely magnetized basalt to focus a concentrated coronal discharge skyward.

Now considering the location of Nan Madol, the unique and intentionally altered magnetism of the basalt and the layout of the ruin, it can easily be argued that Nan Madol was ancient weather manipulation technology used to diffuse dangerous storms before they can build up. The coronal discharge let off by the magentized basalt, which is generated by piezoelectricity sourced by the island's constant subtle siesmic activity, means the Nan Madol could react with a storm's electromagnetic elements and effectly diffuse the storm.

DO further research if you doubt it, but it makes sense. Remember this is a summarised version of over 50 pages in Joseph's book mentioned before MUCH greater detail is available.

SO, in my opinion, if Nan Madol be seen as ancient technology over 12,000 years old then does this not talk of ancient civilisations whihc have since perished?

Enjoy and goodnight

[edit on 9-10-2007 by srsen]

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So no-one wants to comment on the above info?

I take it that the debunkers have been scared off perhaps. Come on, dont shy away from a challenge people!

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
If even one of this artifacts is real to the time frame, it would be profound.

I have to wonder about these sites when I read things like this:

This vase was found in precambian rock (534 million years old) in 1851 in Dorchester, Mass., U.S.A.
The editor suggests the vessel may have been made by Tubal-Cain, the
Biblical father of metallurgy. Tubal-Cain is found in Gen. 4:22 (before the flood). This unusual finding is a clear proof that the theory of evolution is wrong.

Kind of a leap of faith there to claim it as clear proof because it MAY have been made by someone.

The issue is not who the editor claims to have made it. When I read about people making spurious claims as to who made what when, I tune it out.
The issue is that the vase is claimed to have been found in pre-cambian rock.
If THAT is any where near the truth, THAT in of itself is clear proof that the current theory of evolution is incorrect in some aspects, and that our time line has to be shifted backwards, OR that provisions have to be made for either an advanced civilization, whether human, or no.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
It is presumed to be approximately 12,000 years old

But only by those who want it to be 12,000 years ago

it is a meteorlogical fact that many severe storms originate from Nan Madols location.

No it is not

Now the major effect which contribute to typhoons and hurricanes is electromagnetic energy - NOT water temperature

No it's not

Making up ideas doesn't make them true, but it does display ignorance of basic earth science.

But by all means prove me wrong

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

That’s a lot of facts you provided there Essan. You're the expert, so why don't you prove what your saying to be right.

You also skimmed over the majority of information there, only picking at the few things you could. Please disprove the entire piece.

OK - the construction date of Nan Madol:

NOTE: This is once again based mainly on exerts from Frank Joseph’s book – The Lost Civilisation of Lemuria, and other research i have done.

Several attempts to date Nan Madol have been carried out using Carbon-14 dating techniques. In the 1960's scientists from the Smithsonian Institute tested residue inside what they deduced was a turtle oven and came up with a habitation period of 1285ad. Additional testing on a nearby ash layer showed it was older by 200 years.
Broader thermoluminescence testing on broken pottery shards found below artificial fill at Nan Madol's Dapahu Islet dated to 2,000 years ago.

HOWEVER, pottery has never been known to be used on or near the island and the natives have no knowledge whatsoever of pottery. Additionally, all these tests prove is that someone ate a turtle at Nan Madol in the thirteenth century and that some dropped a jug there at the time of Christ. It in no way gives a construction date for Nan Madol.

Sea level analysis, study of ocean-floor sediment, and examination of surrounding semi-submerged ruins at the base of Nan Madol and in the surrounding waters of Nan Madol put the approximate date for construction at approximately 12,000 years ago.
The basic concept is that the last time that Nan Madol's underwater ruins would have been on dry land and above sea level is approximately 12,000 years ago - so unless you think some of it was intended to be built underwater then I don’t see how this could be wrong. If you want more details than that then, I’m sorry, in not a scientist and honestly can’t summarize well enough what is explained in my information. I’m obviously not making this stuff up though.

Now, to severe storm generation and the role of electromagnetic energy in their creation

Nan Madol and Kosrae (a similar structure to Nan Madol, look it up) create a 300-mile-long zone in which typhoons are born and the first stages of their power and severity are developed which soon grow much larger and wind up ravishing the Philippines. Until recently, they were thought to be the exclusive result of masses of cold air convectored into conflict with water’s warmer temperatures. Mainstream meteorologists believe cyclones are produced during a three-step process by the initial intensity of the storm, temperature changes in the air it brings about, and subsequent heat exchange with the ocean. However, late in last century, Joseph Newman declared that:

The major effect in respect to hurricanes is electromagnetic. For a hurricane to remain a hurricane, it does not depend solely on the heat of the water over which it travels.
Proof: The average temperature of the waters of the Gulf of Mexico, 20 miles of the Louisiana coast, is as follows:

July, 82 degrees F
August, 87 degrees F
September, 82 degrees F
October, 76 degrees F
November, 66 degrees F

If what the weather experts said were true, the greatest number and most destructive hurricanes would always occur in July and August, not true! Fact: The peak hurricane season is only in September – not July or August. September and October have 300 per cent more hurricanes of greater destruction than July or August, even November has 80 per cent as many hurricanes as July and August.
Therefore, Newman deduced that temperature was of secondary importance in the production of hurricanes, adding that electromagnetism was the most important factor.

Additionally, I would like to hear your explanation as to HOW Nan Madol would have been constructed if its such a common and easily explainable phenomena. There is some 200 million metric tonnes of stone built on a coral reef surrounded by ocean. If built by natives with no serious construction technology then how was it made? I believe this once again goes back to ancient lost technologies and potentially frequency manipulation and acoustic resonance. (see the Hutchinson Effect for someone who may be possibly rediscovering this technology)

Also, what is up with ATS these days?? Someone provides 40 words of argument with no facts, no discussion, just flat out denial and they get starred for that???? Where’s the open-minded and intelligent discussion and debate gone?

Anyway, I am open to intelligent argument which confirms your perspective Essan but you have not provided it so how do you expect me go along with what you’re saying.

Seriously though, just what is so hard to believe about man having colonised this planet in the past and then having been wiped out by some means?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

I'm away over the weekend, but perhaps we can look at these 2 seperate issues in detail next week?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

sweet mate no worries...

enjoy your break

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join