Just what the hell is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
I mean, if this was to be true, all we have ever known about the origin of man and the age of mankind...evolution...everything would be totally wrong.
I can't see that happening.

I know that more or less all history before we first started counting time is pretty much qualified guessing and the egyptian and sumerian civilizations (for example) might have existed thousands of years earlier that what we think now. Heck, even the Roman empire might have been much older than we think, I can go with that... But billions? Naah, I'm not sure about that.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Raud]

This goes against evolution, but not creationism. I can believe everything with a creationist point of view. The Earth is young, and not billions of years old. Yes, it has to be believed that God created man in his own image. I believe the first man Adam was extremely intelligent. He was the first created, and didn't sin as of yet.

After the fall, everything started to decline including man's intelligence. But the first people would have still been extremely intelligent capable of what has been shown on the other site. What wiped out all the evidence of how intelligent man was? The great flood.

What happened to the evidence that is found? Discarded, hidden, excuses made, or just say it is a mystery. Why? Because it goes against evolutionary theory that is taught as fact by the school system, which is basically run by the government through the NEA. Who believes everything the teachers says? You do, then do you also believe everything told to you by a news reporter? Why do I ask? Because both groups will give people facts, but also theories/guesses as fact knowingly or unknowingly.

Aliens gave us the information. They did? Who are the aliens? Are they an advanced civilization? I would say yes. Did they exist before humans? I would say yes? Are they a different species from a different planet? I would say no! Why did I say no?

I do believe they were created before man. A creationist would believe the angels could very well be the angles God created before man. The demons would be the ones that fell from the grace of God. They would also be the ones who hate man with more than a vengeance. That is why I believe there are so many terror stories about them, and why people's first initial reaction is usually to fear them. The first reaction is usually the correct one.

They are also highly intelligent. They may have been more intelligent than Adam, but that is speculation. They did spend much time in the presence of God, and know/learned things from God while in heaven that we can't begin to comprehend. They are also sly, highly deceiving, and have lying down to an extreme art form. I believe that is why someone who said they experienced extreme pain/tourer at their hands and still say they are benevolent.

Because they are much more intelligent than us, they can give us their secrets and help us build advanced technology. I also believe they only give us technology that suits their evil purposes to the people that will best carry out their evil purposes in the past and today.

I also believe God gives people ideas and wisdom to create technology that is beneficial to us. God's angles who aren't fallen help us to fight against the fallen angels/aliens in various ways.

From a creationist Bible believing point of view, this all makes sense.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

This goes against evolution, but not creationism. I can believe everything with a creationist point of view. The Earth is young, and not billions of years old. Yes, it has to be believed that God created man in his own image. I believe the first man Adam was extremely intelligent. He was the first created, and didn't sin as of yet.

After the fall, everything started to decline including man's intelligence. But the first people would have still been extremely intelligent capable of what has been shown on the other site. What wiped out all the evidence of how intelligent man was? The great flood.

Lets put creationism vs evolutionism aside. Lets say that what is presented on this website is mostly true with which they have presented (which I do believe) and lets say that scientific models for measuring age dates are mostly accurate (which I believe). Then this would mean that both sides are wrong and that in fact humanity has lived and died through out multiple civilizations in the past millions of years!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
According to Science, the earliest anatomically correct, modern human beings, homo sapiens, who's bones we've found age back to 195,000 years ago. These were discovered in Ethiopia, and are referred to as Omo I and Omo II.

source: www3.nationalgeographic.com...

If modern humans have been around 200,000 years and this is fact, which it is, there can be speculation whether we existed longer or not, but lets stick with what we know. Don't supervolcanos erupt merely every 20,000 odd years or so? Yeah, Yellowstone style, ever 20,000 years. So I'm sure mankind has braved innumerable catastrophes of varying types since his earliest tracable remains, 200,000 years ago.

Alot can happen in 200,000 years. If you look into what all is statistically supposed to happen in that time frame, youll come up with super eruptions, mega earthquakes, multiple meteor strikes, and etcetera.

Considering 700 years ago we didn't even have a single gun, nor electricity, and fought with pointy sticks and metal plates on our chests, we have proven, again another fact here, that mankind can advance incredibly rapidly in an incredibly short amount of time, less than 1,000 years. At least with pre-cursor elements in place like "buried ancient wisdom".

Therefore, I don't doubt for one second we've had a number of advanced human civilizations rise and fall, as civilized as ours, perhaps even more so. Maybe they were more spiritual, or did less evil, or were more in tune with nature or whatever the case may be and that is why God and the "Angels" were in contact with them periodically. These contacts are written down in the Bible. This is partially what makes reading the Bible so fun.

Here's a good mind boggler for you. How do you know what Human beings from one of these old, destroyed advanced civilizations didn't attain space travel, and didn't go colonize elsewhere in the Milky Way, or maybe even still in our Solar System? Some small elite group with strict reproduction rules to ensure their longevity.

Another concept would be an old destroyed advanced civilization that was in direct contact with the "Angels" and "God" or the "Gods" and therefore got "taken away" before a catastrophe took place. Taken away? In craft and placed elsewhere in the Universe to colonize and live. We do know certain individuals were taken away, Enoch, Elijah to name two. By the way, these are the two main candidates of the "two witnesses" of Revelation.

For even in Relevelation it states that after Armageddon, God will give us a New Earth to live on, with a New Jerusalem, where the elect will live in peace with the Lord. Is this not the exact same thing I am talking about?

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There is a plethora of information relating to ancient technological civilizations - it astounds me that it is still so laugh at by the mainstream.

Read Frank Joseph's work on Lemuria - it is solid as a rock as far as ruins and cultural history goes.

Michael Tsarion's interpretations of ancient Indian texts, the bible and many differing cultures creations myths all lend serious credibility to the notion of ancient civilizations.

I deeply believe that Lemuria and Atlantis DID exist and are valid explanations for phenomena which may aged from 10,000 to 50,000 years ago. Most of todays ruins are leftovers from those two cultures or cultures that followed on from them.

As far as civilizations which pre-date 50,000 years ago, well we know next to nothing, but i believe they were there. It makes perfect sense that man has incarnated on Earth over and over and get destroyed or destroy themselves every time.

I apologize for lack of links, but im at work and sneaking this post in....

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Yes I believe that in the past there has been advanced civilizations and they've been lost to natural disasters or war. What happened to the Dinosaurs? Maybe there was an advanced civilization at that time and it was all lost. As another poster stated maybe that civilization had technology to relocate to another planet once they knew the fate of earth. I've seen various documentaries which contradict what is taught at school and it's abit of a taboo which causes alot of controversy. It's a very frustrating topic which should be openly researched but it isn't for obvious reasons.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I found one of the sites, I was looking for here is the link for it

Ooparts

dunno how factual this all is but here it is, hopefully this helps, it also has links to Ancient Atomic Knowledge on the left hand side

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"Coso Artifact" Investigation

Conclusion: A 1920s Champion spark plug.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
The spark plug item was actually found to be an actual modern-day spark plug. They traced it to the model, manufacturer, etc... It was a Champion spark plug from a 1920's era Ford that was probably used in a mining operation nearby. It was not in a geode, but some sort of calcium mineral.
en.wikipedia.org...

As for the nuclear reactors mentioned by digirati, they do indeed exist, but are natural, not artificially made. Google Oklo nuclear reactor.

There are other objects that are intriguing though. I find it perfectly believable that some civilizations could have developed technology ahead of their time and it was later lost (ex. batteries, electric lights). I also find it believable that some civilizations or groups of people had contact with extraterrestrials, although these phenomena were probably not at all widespread.

Another interesting possibility is that ancient civilizations traveled further than we suspected. Ex. Romans, Chinese, and Phonecians may have made it to the Americas.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by erkokite]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Here are a few C2C interviews to add to the topic:

*Archaeologist and author Jonathan Gray:

(part 1 of 9): www.youtube.com...

*Author and researcher Michael Cremo:

(Show #1, Part 1 of 11) www.youtube.com...
(Show #2, Part 1 of 10) www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Hi!
If you are interested in some good arguments for and against ancient technology like the one you have brought out here, click on the ATS thread below...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers! Happy reading!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Are you guys aware of the work of J. J. Benitez on his series of books Caballo de Troya? (Trojan Horse, Operation Trojan Horse)? Some argue that it might be true. Check it out. Google it, or Wikipedia it for starters. I remeber seeing interviews with him and sometimes with scientists claiming those stories as real...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
What ever happened to that footprint of a human foot and a dinosaur on top of each other?

I definitely believe in ancient civs, I suspect there have been various throughout history (the Indian's certainly had a good civilization before they blew each other up, and supposedly had flying 'UFOs' and atomic weapons). There are various places around the globe that have that weird atomically fused glass, and I also think Sodom was nuked by something.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
i think hints of ancient nuclear warfare belong in this thread, see

there are various ways to brush it all off or simply attribute it to meteors, although this technique remains a cop-out and was probably designed as such. just think of Tunguska, no crater, no acknowledged remains, just one huge blast in the middle of nowhere.

alternate history is, understandably a recurring theme on this board, i would suggest you read through

if you can find the time (heck skip what you find useless). long threads frequently veer off topic, but that doesn't need to make them any less interesting.

finally, there's reports of flash-frozen mammoths and even entire river complete with fish in them. the best thread on it, by Valhall has been lost due to a glitch, iirc, so

will have to suffice for now,

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejsaunders
What ever happened to that footprint of a human foot and a dinosaur on top of each other?

Turned out it was just the footprint of another dinosaur

All of these ooparts and geological anomalies have other, far simpler explanations. Most are a case of wishful thinking and misinterpretation by the ignorant.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Alright, the first object I never saw before so I'll just go w/ the description of what it is..... whereas, the second object....

I was doing a lot of Saturn research and noticed on Hoagland's Enterprise Mission site these objects in relation to Iapetus. He mentions their size/shape resemble that moon.... could the people of earth have seen that moon, uh, moving (!) in ancient times? Your guess is as good as mine.

I could go out on a limb here and sort of will: some parties think that moon, maybe Dione and Pheobe are artificial structures, almost spaceships of other *beings* that 'fake' orbits or maybe have to use those orbits for survival. The "death star" articles at enterprise mission could shine some more light on the subject, can't look for the links right now....

[edit on 8-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Note: Believe it or not, before I found this forum, I was quite ready to believe the garbage I read online. This forum provided the opposing viewpoint which balanced things out for me. All in all I'd say I'm better off now that I've been exposed to the sceptic's angle on things. It's a nice balance the way it is now -- not gullible nor closed-minded.

I am in complete agreement, when I first started surfing the internet a lot of the stuff used to scare the hell outta me, but most of it was BS. I am glad we have ATS, it keeps the bastards honest
or kicks there ass if they are not hahahahahhahahah

[edit on 8-10-2007 by sobolwolf]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
hmmm. very interesting.

This further confirms my beliefs also.

I live near the museum discussed on the link, I'll check it out maybe this weekend.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'm thinking time travel could explain these artifacts. I would like to see the scientific analysis with documentation before I am amazed.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Honestly Mikesingh is your man if you want to learn about this stuff. He has so many good posts on this subject that there really isn't much left that he hasn't covered.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
As I'm not doing much this afternoon, lets eliminate a few of the items cited on the website from our enquiries

Coso Artifact - a 1920s spark plug from a Model 'T' Ford.

www.talkorigins.org...

South African metallic spheres - natural limonite accretions

www.talkorigins.org...

Old screw from Nevada - where is it? The authors of this probable hoax also seem not to understand the origin of feldspar - a mineral which forms at high temperatures in volcanic and metamorphic rocks.

Metallic vase in pre-cambrian rock - another, 'oh where is it now then? And how do we know it was found in pre-cambrian rock?' (and pre cambrian rock will have been metamorphosed anyway so no way an artifact like this could have been preserved in it - so almost certainly a hoax)

Iron pot in coal mine - or just possibly they broke the coal and in the process buried an iron pot they already had
There is no evidence the pot - which remarkable doesn't appear to have suffered any oxidation - was actually in the coal. Probably a hoax.

Metallic tube guess waht? Yep, no-one knows where it is, nor is there any evidence it was found in the chalk ...... Same with the next few items

Paleolithic skull - is actually much older and the wound (no exit wound btw) subsequently healed ....

hotcupofjoe.blogspot.com...

Laetolie footprints - are exactly what they say they are: footprints made by an Australopithecus.

Fossilised human finger - or just a stone that looks a bit like a finger?

Human Footprint with Trilobites - which oddly does not look much like a human footprint ....

block metal in coal - looks like meteorite, has composition of meteorite - so I guess it must be manmade?

Burdick Track - carved in the 1930s ....

paleo.cc...

Human skull in ancient rock - or rock formation that looks very vaguely skull shape if you have a vivid imagination? (looks nothing like a skull to me ... compare it with the actual skull held in front of it)

Dropa Stones - a somewhat offensive hoax (the Drokpa people are very real and are no alien pygmies).

Piri Re'is Map - depicts S America. So what? (I've studied it in detail. It is exactly what Re'is claims it to be and looks nothing like Antarctica.

The Giant Print - I like this one. Supposed to be a real footprint ..... in granite
(granite is an igneous rock that forms at very high temperature deep in the earth) How much of a fool do they take up for?

And so on .......

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join