Just what the hell is this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
What the heck?

Can someone please explain this?

Are there any stable, accurate proofs of this?
Why haven't I ever heard of this?
Is this credible in any way more than some website?
Is there any sereious debate going on about this?
Just what the hell is this?

Thank you, please!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I believe they are remnants and proof that previous civilizations once flourished. Google 'miners strange finds' sometime. Cataclysms have reformed the planet many times over. Wonder what all they'll find 1000 yrs from now if and when yellowstone culdera lets loose. Always wanted to be an anthropologist.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I agree with jpm. Remember Atlantis? No, its not a myth, despite popular belief. I believe we have been this technologically advanced before, but choose to destroy ourselfs.

Found a previous ATS thread about this but im sure there are more of them.

Lets hope that this time around, the aliens make sure we dont make the same mistakes again. Because now, only the leaders are bent on destruction. Most of the rest of us just want to live in peace.

Its time we stop hating eachother. Disconnect your TV.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I believe we have been this technologically advanced before,

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Copernicus]
I'm in total agreement with this.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Yeah, but handprints billions of years old?
Waaay before mankind existed?
Crafts, sometimes highly sophisticated, billions, I mean billions of years old?
Why is there no public debate? Because it is not true?

I have a hard time buying this story. You need to back it up with alot more than some obscure website I've never seen before...

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Raud]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Hey that topic you linked to was what first attracted me to ATS. But it wasn't that thread. It was this:

Proof: Advanced Ancient Indian Civilization existed

Fascinating read. You guys should check it out.

Anyway, I was lead to that thread initially from random surfing of sites like the one linked in the OP. Eventually I reached something pertaining to ancient nuclear wars. Wanting to know more, eventually it lead me to the above thread in ATS.

The rest is history

On topic: I think those spark plugs were discussed and debunked somewhere here before. Not sure about those screw thingys.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yeah it seems like a good read. Its kind of tragic that we reach these levels of technological civilization but always end up destroying ourselfs because of greed and profits.

Lets hope the indigo/crystal kids and growing global consciousness can help us stop this cycle.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Well... I'm not so sure if we did reach that level of technology. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all open for new ideas so long as compelling evidence is presented. In that thread I linked are 17 pages of evidence, the most compelling of which is AGAINST the idea (of ancient nukes).

So... until something new turns up, I'm leaning more towards the possibility that our level of technology today has not been achieved by a previous civilization.

Note: Believe it or not, before I found this forum, I was quite ready to believe the garbage I read online. This forum provided the opposing viewpoint which balanced things out for me. All in all I'd say I'm better off now that I've been exposed to the sceptic's angle on things. It's a nice balance the way it is now -- not gullible nor closed-minded.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I mean, if this was to be true, all we have ever known about the origin of man and the age of mankind...evolution...everything would be totally wrong.
I can't see that happening.

I know that more or less all history before we first started counting time is pretty much qualified guessing and the egyptian and sumerian civilizations (for example) might have existed thousands of years earlier that what we think now. Heck, even the Roman empire might have been much older than we think, I can go with that... But billions? Naah, I'm not sure about that.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Ok. Yeah, I didnt take the time to read the thread, I just glanced at the original post. If the debunkers make sense, you should of course listen to them.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Yeah it seems like a good read. Its kind of tragic that we reach these levels of technological civilization but always end up destroying ourselfs because of greed and profits.

I don't believe that we are destroying ourselves but from a global disaster like pole shift or planets doing drive bys.

If we had a disaster here today and all electricity was lost and billions of people lost their lives. Rebuilding would probably take hundreds of years. The survivors would have to be smart enough to know how to produce electricity. More then likely we start all over again just foraging and trying to figure out how to make fire.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From the look of those devices, they looked a lot like they were designed to be some part of an electrical system...

I'm not sure we're talking about technology billions of years before us, but eh, if these devices were bought to us from elsewhere, perhaps they were used to produce/distribute electricity in the DISTANT past...

I honestly don't know for sure...This is the first time I've seen devices like this, and I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open over the next couple years to see if we can shed some light on all this...

Peace..and good find Raud

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I don't know wether it is a good find or not. It is a weird find.
I don't get it...

Billions of years old? Billions??? Something fishy going on here...

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Good post Raud.Glad to see your getting into the Mix! Keep it up!
DWT

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
If even one of this artifacts is real to the time frame, it would be profound.

I have to wonder about these sites when I read things like this:

This vase was found in precambian rock (534 million years old) in 1851 in Dorchester, Mass., U.S.A.
The editor suggests the vessel may have been made by Tubal-Cain, the
Biblical father of metallurgy. Tubal-Cain is found in Gen. 4:22 (before the flood). This unusual finding is a clear proof that the theory of evolution is wrong.

Kind of a leap of faith there to claim it as clear proof because it MAY have been made by someone.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There are many examples of technology and civilizations being lost. For example the flamethrower was reinvented. Also, the ruins off the coast of Japan are an example and have been discussed here on ocassion.
This website is a great read

Underwater Ruins

This site discusses the links between different peoples in Hawaii, Polynesia, South America, and Japan and the cultural links that indicate a common myth about a lost society.

I wouldn't believe that the items the OP posted are millions or billions of years old, but thousand or tens of thousand is entirely possible.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I saw a documentary on this. I believe they said that this picture is of a light bulb filament

apparently they found hundreds of them scattered around. I dont remember seeing anything about the small sphere's .... would be great to find out how they actually got there.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raud
Yeah, but handprints billions of years old?
Waaay before mankind existed?
Crafts, sometimes highly sophisticated, billions, I mean billions of years old?
Why is there no public debate? Because it is not true?

I have a hard time buying this story. You need to back it up with alot more than some obscure website I've never seen before...

Carbon dating is quite ineffective.

I believe in the possibility that there could have been an advanced species on this planet at one time. Why they are gone is up for debate.. that would make a good sci fi thriller though.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Humanity is constantly repeting itself in it's quest to become god, or the light of the universe.

We have happened many times before, and we will happen many times again. Why is this so hard to grasp? We are not in control.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
these are called "Oopparts" (Out of place parts) if you google them you will find lots of resources on them, they have been around for years ( no pun intended) you can also google the foot print by the dinosaur tracks I think it's in west Texas or Utah (it's been a few years and I'm eating supper and not supposed to be on here)

Allegedly, there are ancient nuclear reactors found in I believe Australia or Africa, I read about a great many of these things years ago.. Also a great many mines that have been dug in Africa and very very old, and still used today...

I think either mankind is older then we think or we have been visiting earth a long time ( if we are from Mars, as some believe), in either case, no "mainstream" archaeologist would admit any of this and disrupt the status quo...it's STILL all about the $$ not the pursuit of knowledge

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join