It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High-Definition Video of Earth Shot From Space

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

High-Definition Video of Earth Shot From Space

www.foxnews.com

The first high-definition video of Earth from beyond the planet's orbit has just been made by a Japanese satellite on its way to the moon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jaxa.jp - JAXA Press Release about HD Imagery
www.jaxa.jp - JAXA Press Release about SELENE's Orbit

[edit on 10/7/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Way to go, Japan!

SELENE shot the HD video 68,000+ miles from Earth. Pretty cool! The probe is currently in orbit around the moon... can't wait to see what happens when they point those HD cameras down at the lunar surface!

Anyways, the HD video has not yet been released. The one-frame image (above) is all we get for now.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
As technology moves on images like these will become more common,amazing detail.
Interesting to see what else pops up in the next few months,if we get to see it

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
wow, that video lookes amazing, I dont have time to watch it now, but Ill definatly watch it later.

-fm

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
No stars? Once again, I'm disappointed.

Good post and thank you for this, damajikninja.
This is definitely I haven't seen before, especially with colors like that.

Can't wait to see the release of the video.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Here is the same image from above in high resolution - 1920x1080

And in case you were curious, here is the little HD camera on-board SELENE that shot the video.

Let's hope our Japanese buddies release that video soon! Can't wait to see it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When you see all the rubbish that happens on this planet, the wars, the destruction to the environment and so on, then take a step back through an image of this beautiful planet, like the one above, it really leaves me dumbfounded.

apc

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Sure doesn't look HD! Although I hope the video is so crystal clear it would be insulting to view it anywhere but in an IMAX.

That shot of the terminator would be perfect for some high exposure patch work. Get the whole, "Look at all that wasted energy and light pollution," effect goin on.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burginthorn
When you see all the rubbish that happens on this planet, the wars, the destruction to the environment and so on, then take a step back through an image of this beautiful planet, like the one above, it really leaves me dumbfounded.

Totally agree. Human kind are on this beautiful blue planet that looks like a paradise really. Its quite a waste for us to have this planet when somebody who appreciates it more could have, but I hope our species are on the way to wake up soon.

I think alien disclosure is a big part of it, and hopefully it will make people settle their differences and go out there into the universe and join the others instead.

The ones who want to remain here and fight can do so. Put Bush in one country and Cheney in the other and let them have their own stupid wars.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
looks like we're headed for some nice moon shots again..

KAGUYA (SELENE) Flight Path to the Moon

Source

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Ross Cross]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great Thread Ninja! I can't wait to see the images that come out of this. Thanks for sharing. Flagged!!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Um... That doesn't look very high def at all. In fact, it looks really lo-fi.

Here's a few images that were taken on the recent NASA missions:

Granted, these pictures are taken much closer to Earth... But... Still.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Donoso]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think these japanese pictures will answer one important question: Are the japanese part of the NASA cover up or not?

It would not surprise me if we see some "problems" with this satellite if they are , which would of course add to the conspiracy theories even more.

NASA havent even released color pictures of the moon surface, have they? Not to mention the pictures they present of the moon are like 1950's quality...

We are being lied to big time about the moon, thats for sure. Its all part of the alien cover up, and probably also a attempt by the US to make money from the moon.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by damajikninja

Thanks for posting this information. I love the HD shot and saved it as my wall paper for now. Hopefully they will release some more HD Photos of the Earth as they get farther away.

I hope Japan is willing to share more information to the public than the US did, I doubt it but we can only hope.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
Granted, these pictures are taken much closer to Earth... But... Still.

Not to mention the fact that your images are over 800px wide and stretching the thread...

I agree, the image I have posted up above appears to be below HD quality - you might check the 1920x1080 image that I linked to. Either way, it's a great looking image considering it was taken 68,000 miles away.

Remember, the claim that the video was shot in HD is not mine, but JAXA's. We'll know for sure when the video is released though!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by damajikninja
Not to mention the fact that your images are over 800px wide and stretching the thread...

Yeah, for some reason I can't make an external link out of them. Apparently it doesn't seem to be stretching on 1280x1024. So if a mod can make one out of them for me, I'd be very happy.

The higher resolution one is also lacking. I have no clue why, I don't think this single frame does enough justice. Hopefully the video will bring us much more.

It's going to be extremely fun when the mission turns toward taking pictures of the lunar surface. Mmmm... I seriously can't wait.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso
Apparently it doesn't seem to be stretching on 1280x1024.

You're right, if you run 1024x768 as your screen rez, then it won't stretch out on you. But rules are rules!

This might help you out with image posting and resizing...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Image Credit: kinglizard

Hey, great images by the way!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   
What's interesting about this is that it seems now like the same RES that other probes use in the solar system and easily understand how simply NASA can airbrush the images to their liking. I always like to mention Mr J Lear's "liFe on Venus" thread around this point.

Maybe a step closer to disclosure?

FOR $40 BILLION, U.N. ESTIMATES WE COULD PROVIDE CLEAN WATER, ADEQUATE DIETS, SANITATION SERVICES AND BASIC EDUCTION TO EVERY PERSON ON THE PLANET *IN 1999!

[edit on 7-10-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
What's going to be interesting is the shots they get of the moon.Maybe we can get some truth to whether or not we really been to the moon and the chance to confirm or debunk all the myths of spaceships,moon bases and mining camps.I'm waiting patiently.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

I think these japanese pictures will answer one important question: Are the japanese part of the NASA cover up or not?

It would not surprise me if we see some "problems" with this satellite if they are , which would of course add to the conspiracy theories even more.

NASA havent even released color pictures of the moon surface, have they? Not to mention the pictures they present of the moon are like 1950's quality...

We are being lied to big time about the moon, thats for sure. Its all part of the alien cover up, and probably also a attempt by the US to make money from the moon.

You are quite right. As it seems now, the americans have a closure grip on their partners. After Japan, Germany, UK, France Italy and Russia and the Chinese will follow to the Moon. We can just hope that they will be short of airbrush personel with all this mooncircling. It will be a dogfight on He3 I guess. Who owns the Moon? And who will sqeall when they are pushed off? That is the question.

I find this so strange, all of a sudden everybody goes there. We have a saying (I don't know if it is also used in English) that says: When the cat is out of the house, the mice dance on the table.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Pjotr]

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Pjotr]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join