It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Icke - Nut or Brilliant Researcher

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Welcome all truth seekers. In this discussion I want to try to uncover whether David Icke is just some crazy nut or is he a brilliant researcher. Let’s dig right into this. I have read many of the major conspiracy author’s books, and listened to their lectures. The major ones in my eyes are Jordan Maxwell, Michael Tsarion, Jim Marrs, Fritz Springmeier, Len Horowitz, and of course David Icke.

I was first introduced to some of David Icke’s theories when I ended up coming across a document he wrote sometime ago. It basically covered the Freeman incident, which If you don’t know is about a group of people who declared themselves sovereign from the United States, and did it all while abiding by the laws of the United States. Now I am not going to go into details on how this was done, but if you do a little research on the Freeman incident you will come across some of the details. This document was quite interesting to me, and as I got through this information, eventually he started talking about some of the conspiracy theories revolving around the Freemasons, and many leaders of different countries. Which again I must say was very interesting and there is a lot of evident to support such theories. Shortly after this, Icke came upon the topic that has made him famous or infamous; the idea of a reptilian species on the planet. This is when my ears turned off and my mind said “Ok, you were good up till now. What the heck is this about some sci-fi type creature that has taken over the world or whatever” I must admit I quit reading the document after that, and didn’t really pursue any more of David Icke’s work after this. It was a good couple years before I ever got back to reading David Icke’s material.

A couple of years later; after I had read quite a great deal of material by different authors, in the area of Religion, Conspiracy, Aliens, Paranormal, Freemasonry, Symbology, and many other subjects. I did find a remarkable amount of claims by different people of a reptilian like creature; some even referenced the Grays that everyone has heard of as being reptilian like. Mind you these people are not conspiracy researcher, some say they were just trying to make a buck, and indeed some probably were, but why reptilian, and why so many claims there obviously must be some truth to this. I recommend The Universal Seduction series; it has many different sighting and claims listed that are generally unbiased. Might I also mention that many of the religions have the evil god/being ex. Satan, as being reptilian? What’s this about a serpent in the garden? Some religions even reference a great alligator as the evil one. Perhaps there is more to this after all, maybe Satan isn’t referred to as the great serpent just because he was slippery, perhaps he had an appearance of a reptile. “Now I’m not saying this is absolutely the answer, I am just trying to open your mind up to the possibility of it. I don’t know all the answers but there is some evidence to support this claim.” Perhaps the Nephelium, that are referred to in the beginning of Genesis 6 were reptilian like creatures who knows.

My point is that unless you know all or at least a great deal of the facts, do not throw an idea out. Set it on the back burner, someday you may find it fits. Even so even if David is completely wrong on the reptilian idea, does it matter? That’s like saying that before I went to school I believed that the world was flat, and then later found out that it is in fact round, but because I announced that is was flat early on, now everything I say from this point on is wrong. This is nuts in my opinion. My views 10 years ago are way different from my views now. I would have said you are nuts if anyone came up to me and told me what I know now, and 10 years from now I will have very different views from now. Your perspective of a situation or idea is completely based on the knowledge you have acquired at that moment.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
David Icke does not profess to a religion, but he does believe in a god like entity or energy. He has many times said that we are all a part of the great source. It is his energy that runs through us. So in that sense I guess we are all part of God. If anyone can show me where he says he is a messiah or Son of God I would be much obliged. Otherwise I regard this as completely disinformation to discredit him.

To conclude this I wish to ask each and every one of you to open your minds, and your hearts. Do not throw anything away unless you know for a fact that is crap. What seems to be crap now may be the answer you have been looking for later? Am I declaring that reptilians exist? No and Yes, I believe it is possible; there is evidence to support and to dismiss this. Does it matter? No, it’s good to have it in your mind as a possibility but don’t get hung up on it. I have read many of David Icke’s books and they contain a lot of very good information. I personally want to declare that David is a brilliant researcher who is willing to think outside the box. I hope each and every one of you can learn this skill. Just because you think something that is out of ordinary is possible, doesn’t make you a nut, it makes you free. I wish you all luck in your research, and may we all find the answer we are search for.

Researcher,

Blake K. Stoltman

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I don't knwo about his reptilian thing, but on his website, just about everything else he has is pretty good. I find info on there that people aren't talking about on here and most of it shows up here so that kind of lends some validity to him and his sources. As for his reptilian stuff, I'm not sold on that; however, everytime I hear him talk on a program, its usually not about that, so I'd say he has some pretty good research.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by ChrisJr03]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I think Icke is brilliant thinker, speaker, and researcher when it comes to his books. He has studied every aspect of our government, from its symbolisms and cult like rituals, to the bloodlines that show the connections to past cultures and time periods. I also believe that his reptilian remarks are true and sincere. The symbolism, and ancient accounts of reptilian forms are constantly showing up. The fact that George Bush is literally taking away our rights as Americans and using the secret governments agendas against us is also astonishing evidence. I would love to see him or others like him shapeshift. I think everyone does. And I think the truth will come out someday...if we all begin to see what is going on

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
he is half nut, half brilliant.

the reptilian theory is just ,, dumb, and some other of his theries are pretty ridicoulus too.

i agree only int he nwo and world domination.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
You just have to really sift through his books. Lotta good, lotta bad...

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On 6-10-07 BStoltman wrote on David Icke:

What’s this about a serpent in the garden? .... there is more to this after all, ...
My point is that unless you know all or at least a great deal of the facts, do not throw an idea out. Set it on the back burner, someday you may find it fits. Even so even if David is completely wrong on the reptilian idea, does it matter?
_________

Noetic analysis:

First of all, the 'serpent in the garden' is an ex post facto event. He was a brilliant, erect, talking creature, a species very close to humans, one of a kind. After his deception, he was condemned into the crawling, wriggling serpent.

Sbject: RE: KJ FORUM N76 Weedon : POTABLE AFTER BOILING
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 23:48:12 +0000

Comments by PB on KARL JASPERS FORUM N76 *POTABLE AFTER BOILING* by RW, 21 September 2006, posted 23 September 2006

[RW] N76
We are by nature natural before we are by culture cultured.
Our oldest myths rise
from prehistory and
are not to be ignored.

[PB]
The Natural Man conceived-and-born depraved
By no cultured human effort can ever be cured
No subtly devised fables validate Power over Death
Such Majesty only eyewitness account confirmeth

[RW]

Adam and Eve and
two intruders, God and Snake,
are a case in point

[PB]
No crawling wriggling creature was that Eden Serpent
Walked upright, mimicked better than an ape or parrot
A cunning intermediate, no less, betwixt man and beast
The Mighty Fall fell this wily also flat on belly: ingest dust

Who that conscious Intruder into the triune Echad
Of matter, space and time, the wholesome triad
Consciousness, mind and body, Creator’s facsimile?
Fallen Cherub of the Triune Elohim was that Rebel

[RW]
Like ourselves, these myths
are a tad schiz-y, Culture
confounding Nature.

[PB]
Death, corruption and the Solid Law of Entropy
Make devolution evident; no Upturn without Energy
Externally endowed on hapless, hopeless, degeneracy
Of doleful existential tread-mill with no sufficiency

PB, PhD 21 September 2006, posted 23 September 2006

KARL JASPERS FORUM N79 (to N77) POTABLE AFTER BOILING

www.kjf.ca... www.kjf.ca...

www.kjf.ca...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In view of the many recent publications on Dark Matter (GOOGLE for Dark matter, Dark Chemistry, Dark Biology, Invisible Homo Sapiens, Dark Politics..) could it be possible that the the so called Obamania is a Dark Matter phenomenon? It could very well be 'chanelling' on a mass scale (as in SETH/Jane Robert).

Whether astrophysical dark matter or string-theoretical axion exists or not will not be a serious issue as far as the biosphere is concerned. There could be a bio-dark-matter lurking behind sentient processes? Dark Matter atoms may yield, dark chemistries which in turn may lead to dark biology and a an invisible body for every human capable of 'chanelling'.

Empirically a vegetative state is common to all sentience, an animal state is common to animals including humans, but the anthropic state with its MIND is unique to humans only. Experimentally the bio-photon emission from live plant cells is about 10 times more than that of human cells. Animal cells have a rate in between. A differential distribution of bio-dark matter across the taxa may explain the differences in the biophoton emission rates.

Noetic Journal Vol 4 # 4, 351-360, 2003,
[Nobelist Sir John Eccles Centennial Edition].

Dark Chemistry or Psychic Spin Pixel? NeuroQuantology, June 2007, Vol. 5 # 2, 197-204
Dark Matter & Dark Chemistry NeuroQuantology September 2007, Vol 5 # 3, 322-326...

noeticcenter.tripod.com...

PB, PhD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Like another poster said, Icke's work is combination of good and bad. He's done some very interesting research regarding the New World Order, but you have to be able to separate it from all the Reptilian rubbish and New Age baggage. I like to interpret his more far-fetched theories metaphorically instead of actually wondering which politicians are shape-sifting cross-dimensional aliens. I think his writing is more like entertainment than serious scholarly research, but is still worthwhile.

Nutter or not, I am very fond of his saying, "infinite love is the only truth." Very true!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by bled_eidol]

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BStoltman
David Icke - Nut or Brilliant Researcher

BOTH. He's really good at the research and I think he makes a good case with a lot of stuff. I'm definately not sold on the reptilian thing though.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drzava
he is half nut, half brilliant.

I agree with Drzava...
I think he is not really brilliant, but he isn't either nut...

I didnt read his books to be honest, but I've read things about him, and about some stuff he says... I think the reptilian thing is just too crazy...

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I have read a lot of David’s work (since Robots Rebellion 1991) & the early stuff was on point.
I did find the ‘Alice in wonder Land world trade centre disaster’ to be worth a read, if you skip the first chapter.

I have also seen him talk;k in London twice, he did go on for over 8 hrs & i didn’t stay till the end either time as i had read most of it.

I do have a couple of reservations though.

His begging bowl approach to his legal bills ‘WTF’ & his idea to get Americans to donate to an educational ‘freedom foundation’

This is the educational foundation that allows American taxpayers to donate to David Icke’s work and have it deducted from their tax bill.

Here is the chance to reduce the amount you pay to government to fund control and war and instead support someone working full-time for up to 12 hours a day to expose those behind the global conspiracy to enslave us all.

Your donation will help David to expand further what he does and prevent those who wish to silence him from doing so through attacks on his ability to continue financially.

www.davidicke.com...

www.davidicke.com...

When a topic was started on his forum ‘David’s finances’ I & a couple of other expressed concerns about this (who is accounting for all the money, who has acsess to it, where is it all going, etc).
Guess what i was banned (probably them too) by the mods, with no explanation as to what i had done wrong !!.
So much for freedom of speech that David rants about, hey ??.

PLease discuss.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BStoltman

David Icke has produced nothing seminal as his 'research'is based on others work i.e. Jordan Maxwell, but he doesn't give Jordan the credit (even thought it was Jordan who brought him over to the US).

David Icke is a good speaker though.

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
reply to post by BStoltman

David Icke has produced nothing seminal as his 'research'is based on others work i.e. Jordan Maxwell, but he doesn't give Jordan the credit (even thought it was Jordan who brought him over to the US).

David Icke is a good speaker though.

I have posted my experiences with David Icke on another thread, so I will limit my response here to the original thread question, ie is he a nut or a brilliant researcher.

He is certainly NOT a brilliant researcher! He has made some serious errors, which he fails to correct, and he relies way to much on anecdotal information without discernment. In fact, more than one of his inside-key researchers have quit in horror at his readiness to believe in various people's experiences without question.

I don't believe he is a nut, either, any more than anyone else here could be considered a nut. If you believe in consensus reality, then he is a confirmed nutcase, but from my perspective, those believing in consensus reality are equal nutcases.

What David Icke IS good at, is packaging up various pieces of the jigsaw, and presenting HIS take on what it all means. He is an excellent and spellbinding and passionate orator. His sense of conviction in what he says is literally contagious.

At least he believes in his own rave - which is more than I can say for other 'names' in the field. And although I don't agree with all of his rave - he does have my respect for standing up and speaking out for those who DO want to hear it.

Duncan

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't dis his theory on reptilians, he didn't make this up himself, have any of you bothered to look at all the reptilian artifacts and symbolism all over the world. He has a movie called The Reptilian Agenda, good movie.

Back in the early 1990's a lot of people called him a nut for his theory's on Illuminati, years later turns out his theory's are true.

It might seem hard to believe if you still think humans and earth are the center of the universe, but face it, earth has been around a long time.. and time has been around a long ass time. The idea doesn't seem so far fetched to me.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buds84

I think some of his ideas of who is running things is interesting. However, I think the whole Reptilian idea is based on our natural repulsion of snakes. (I rather like snakes!) It is interesting to put in a Zecharia Sitchin video on his far out theories. I think most of them get as wild as they can to sell books and DVDs. And no, there is nothing wrong with making a living.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
At the end of the day my take on Icke is simple. He is a brave man to stand up and speak out against the mainstream. His research is well done and very detailed. Yes he uses work from others like Maxwell but also adds to it and tries to evolve it into some sense. I agree the reptilian topic is hard to swallow, but that does not mean we should just laugh and ignore it.

There are some things going on in this world i am sure would make us all freak out if we knew. Icke is just trying his darn best to uncover what this is.

So is he a nut? No i dont believe so.

Is he a brilliant researcher? Yes i would say so.

You have to ask yourselves a question. Just look at the garbage we see on the mainstream. Then listen to these great researchers like Maxwell and Icke. They may not always be 100% right, but they are giving 100% to try to find out the thruth.

Like Maxwell said. Dont listen to those who have found the truth, listen to those who are searching for the truth and the truth will set you free.

And one more thing. Those people who are Anti-Icke, it is IMO that these people just focus on the early days of Icke, failed footy player, Wogan TV show and the reptilian theory. If they gave just a moment of their time to his recent works they would soon realise there is a great amount of information to digest which we would never see in the mainstream.

I say good work David and keep it up.

Oh and has anyone heard about Maxwell recently? I heard he was in some trouble.

Peace.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by 1234567]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Why is this thread not getting more coverage ?

I see a common trend with David Icke threads. They all get moved and canned as soon as possible. I am beginning to wonder why!

Is there some type of Anti-Icke conspiracy going on here at ATS?

If not then maybe noone is interested.

But that makes no sense either because 90% of all the topics discussed here at ATS are also lengthly discussed by Icke. So what gives ?

Just my 2 cents.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It seems a lot of people on ATS believe David Icke just made up the whole reptilian thing himself which is ridiculous and just shows how ignorant a lot of people are on ATS.

The first time I heard about Illuminati was from 2pac when I was a kid.
Later in my teens I got into it a bit more and my great grandmother told me about reptilians in our old history and old bible, she was born in 1908 so its nothing new.

People need to do a bit more research instead of just ignoring the reptilian thing just because it "sounds crazy".

Fact has always been crazier than fiction.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I started this type of thread on a local message board here in Ottawa and it was heavily ridiculed...I'm glad to see there's people out there who are open-minded to new subjects!

So to reply to this post...I honestly don't know what to make of the whole reptilian race subject matter--I am on the fence on this one. Part of me sees the reptilian theory as metaphorical for an illustration of evil, the other half entertains the idea of alien races ruling the planet. btw, has anybody seen david icke: lizards and jews?
www.youtube.com... some say that he is really referring to the jews.

I've also thought that David Icke might possibly be using this subject as his way discredit himself to the general masses. He might not want this information to get in the wrong hands, so he is discrediting himself in order to avoid a potential assassination. That's one theory...

could be just complete hogwash to grab our attention as well... his insane views have really helped his marketing hasn't it? if you mention david icke to someone they will (for the most part) associate him with the shapeshifting blood drinking... you know the rest. I find those people haven't really looked deeply enough into his work.

But ya, his work is mixed with good and bad information as a few users have already pointed out. I think he might be doing this on purpose to keep those out who should not know. Conspiracy theorists tend to mix knowledge with nonsense in this fashion I find...

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
buds84: I didn't realize 2pac has ever mentioned such things... I'm not really in to rap, can you post some lyrics or give me some song titles? I'm interested...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join