It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do to make the world a better place?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Our society is pretty f***ed up what do you all reckon we should do to make the world a better place?

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Coolbreeze]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Get rid of the chief predator / parasite on this planet, I'm with Bender on this one 'Kill all humans'.

Failing that, a world-wide birth control system to reduce the over population problems, which I believe are the root of most of the problems we have created for ourselves.

Getting rid of the huge military budgets and diverting this money towards developing beamed power microwave systems and massive solar arrays / solar chimneys. Reducing the clearance of the rainforest through sensible use of sustainable resources. reduce plastic use by having reusable containers instead of throw-away plastic for everything.

These are just the tip of the iceberg, I could go on all day (as my wife will tell you).

[Edited on 24-1-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 06:21 AM
link   
working on a common goal that is going to explore were we do this is space its the only real new frontier to explore and what ever religion what ever race / color you have this is were people can forget there differences. for example ISS. now go do the same on the moon but this time better and with more nations.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
instead of thinking and talking on a global or national scale think and ACT on a smaller scale, as in yourself.

do what you can while you can, dont try to convince others of what you believe or what you are doing, only hope others catch onto it. lead by example, not by what you say. if others follow your lead great, more can be done. if not then its no loss you're still doing your thing and things are still getting done anyway.

i think the biggest mistake people make is preaching or talking to others and trying to convince them of what they think/feel/believe. its simply not going to happen unless they want it to happen no matter how much you want it to happen, no matter how long you talk to them what you say or how you say it is not going to make a difference. however concerning yourself with doing what you feel you need to do to make the world a better place DOES help as you spend more time doing instead of talking.

i've already said too much and done too little here.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Our society is pretty f***ed up what do you all reckon we should do to make the world a better place?

If we took HALF the time we spent whining about the shape of our world and got up off our colective asses and DONE something that would be a good start.

Pick up some litter, help out at a retirement home, addopt a disabled child, help homes for the homeless build a house, heck just vote some of these jerks out of office the list is endless.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
instead of thinking and talking on a global or national scale think and ACT on a smaller scale, as in yourself.

Great point Prank. Lead by example. Clean your own backyard, not mine. That's the "acting in good faith" ethics of an existentialist as well. To prescribe the best course of action for all of mankind, act accordingly for yourself (as if others really existed and you were God, but we won't get into that.)

For my small part I tossed all my credit cards, pay cash and don't shop or eat at big chains. If just 5 or 10% of us would do that, the whole US would be turned upside down for the better.

FYI - There are regional shopping outlets for everything in every community (for now). And some Mom and Pop's still exist on the Web.

top topics

join