It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too much knowlege of our human race may make us easy targets.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Everyone has noticed that after thousands of years man has not expanded his knowledge, from the time when the pyramids were made had continued with technology and knowledge we would be making space visits to other planets by now.

Lets say man progresses and knows him self too well, will that not make us vulnerable to outside attack from maybe rouge Alien species that do not know us well but by our own curiosity make us weak to attack like some form of trade secrets.

Has man kind of the past caught on to this and destroyed it's own knowledge to help save our species from an outside threat maybe spiritually or inter-dimensional.
The bible speaks of the tower of Babel and other knowledgeable societies being destroyed because mankind was being manipulated into opening other realms of finding out space travel.

So either the idea is that man cam to a point were his advances made us weak in the face of an inner dimensional angelic threat or that Aliens did not want us to know about them.
But the case with Alien abductions and Nephelin stories of Angels and mankind genes being manipulated with the modern era equivalent of people experiencing experiments on them selves with typical DNA and tissue tests to make maybe hybrids.

So by advancing our selves as the past has shown, the theme is of some form of self-destruction to that society or world. But the people who maybe self do this is for the sake of survival. Maybe no life in the known universe can space travel here its impossible, but what if the threat in dimensional from within? Our own exposure to these states be it meditation, yoga and spiritual connecting and self-awareness may actually harm us as the Bible states. But another view would be we are being kept in the Matrix because of religious lies and ignorance to keep us dumb to the real truths as it could be the other way round.

The meaning of the post is, should we know about humanity to the fullest or does that make us an easy target.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It only makes us an easier target for ourselves. Every advancement is either created for militaristic purposes or exploited by them. Like the knowledge of Biology, it's led to some pretty scary virus combinations like Blackpox. Nano technology is no different. Machines that civilians talk about 'repairing' cells, will be used to destroy cells in enemy combatants.

The potential to destroy ourselves is proportionate to the level of our technology. This is why our Creator confounded language at Babel. The only point of knowledge is to understand that we cannot know everything. Which turns our attention to the One who does.

Man's Pride drives him to his own end, time and time again. Thus we have clawed our way back to Babel. Determined do again what God has undone and shake our little fists up in Defiance. There will always be those that think that if they just knew a little more, they could be God.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sorry about the sentence structure of the post I can see my self it has a lot of mistakes. A bit tired supose then, but won't write it out again.

There seems to be this trend in history where everything is well till we out do our selves. Nuclear energy is good but the exploits of it's power is not, because of it, every nation is paranoid and are paranoid when new nations want them too, Iran and Korea for example.

But our own efforts may lead to other unseen threats of an extraterestrial kind, I mean SETI sending a signal in space may reach life forms that pose unknown threats, you can not expect every thing out there to be kind in the big ocean of space.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
While I'm not a big believer in aliens I would tend to think that if their nature were anything like ours they would have serious trouble getting off their own planet. Just look at our current situation. We have the know how to do a mission to mars from a Lunar base pretty easy, but I'm wandering if we can avert WW III and self annihilation.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by HimWhoHathAnEar

This then has another arguement of inter-dimentional realms like religions suggesting that maybe the threat is from within our world but like an onion peel of different realms that pose a threat. Hence ghost sitings, shapeshifting conspiracies, demonic possessions, witchcraft and rituals that freemason conspiriters go on about.

Guess the answer in inward not out and maybe the main relgions are right after all.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
So by being smart as a human race may infact do two things, one we self destruct and two some one else will do it for us and of cause disasters.
But does anyone have any thoughts on this or is it something that is obvious but the patterns are there and history has an uncanny way of repeating it self as lost civilisations tend to do. People say we have had past contact with UFOs and other species but to what end? Has it ever improved the final out come?

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Change of story:
I keep spending points on avatars but they do not come up, I have uploaded the image somewhere on here but nothing shows up.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow made this in 2005 so long ago, maybe I could have worded it better.

It is like Nasa and SETI sending out messages to space, who are they calling out there, if they are that advanced the possibilty for them to think we should be more like them is also high, that means we could without knowing it be enhanced on their terms while losing our own freedoms. If culture on earth is diverse what about across the universe if they exist, we could end up being slaves, the Borg is one example from StarTrek, we do not know what their intentions are their version is perfection and good could be our worst nightmare.

Then we give out information about who we are and how behind technology is maybe spirituality and we could end up being their pets for fun.

new topics

top topics

join