It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Proposal to Members - It could be fun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi members,

I have an idea that I would like to bounce off of you,

In the Nov 5th thread in BBQ there was discussion of ATS potentially getting on the airwaves in broadcast radio.

That got me to thinking...

Why can't we have our own little cyber music station complete with vidjocks so to say.

My intentions are to write up posts as if we were radio dj's discussing this and that, promoting imaginary products, (even in cyberspace we need sponsor's
and think of the funny ads we could invent) then introduce one vid clip of a song, short comedy skit,etc.

This imaginary outlet will be on a thread in BTS.

I would like to keep it clean and avoid using clips that could insult other members.

Let's keep it clean and fun!

You can come up with your own vidjock handle and catch phrase, make it fun!

I plan on using

The Doctor!

Why?

Because "I have a PHD in V-I-D's"

I think this would give the members a chance to gain writing experience and some posting skills while having some fun in the process.

I will leave this idea up in the air until Sunday evening my time and see if there are others who think they would like to join in the fun.

The more the merrier! I would love to have enough vidjocks so our little imaginary station can operate on a 24/7 basis with new and entertaining posts for the members especially in times of frustration, which can happen to all of us on ATS. We could all use a break from the seriousness now and then.

It will stay fresh if we can get enough contributors.

What do you think?

Have I completely lost it?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I think you ought to just go on BTS and make the thread already!

It's an interesting idea, sounds like fun. And you never know until you try, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I am kinda feelin out the membership,

Who knows, there is a possibility that the ATSMIX guys might pop on by and find a gem in the rough, they are looking for some writers.

It could be an opportunity.

I will wait til tomorrow and see how much interest there is in my concept,

If it is just a wacky idea,

I might do a one off deal and see if there is some repsonse but I would love it to be a collaborative effort not just one lone wolf.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Carpe diem, my friend.

Spread those wings and fly ...

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just a little example of what I was thinking about,

Board OP (BO) -Get ready going on air in 3 2 1 you are live

"Is this thing on? (taps on the mic) " Testing, testing...

BO - dude you are live

(clears throat)

"GOOOOOD MORNING BTS"

"That's right you rock-n-rollers, evening strollers, midnight trollers!

You have just tuned to 101.011 on your computer dial

W - B - T - S!

We're Packing QUADZILLABYTES of Power,

Hour after hour, ALL for you!

Silly you say? Don't judge too soon you might miss out on the next sensation

We will wow you, shock you, entertain you, persuade you and lambaste you

With the most important news of the day, the best songs to play,

A laugh here and helpful tips there

This is your one stop shop to hip hop, grunge, reggae and rock

Classics, comedy, metal and country" . . . . .

Something in this vein, light and hopefully entertaining.

Come on,

Any other takers?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Count me in Jack, im game. Sounds like fun.

mojo

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
im not all that good at the conversation or radio dj aspect.but as an artist id be willing to submit/contribute some songs to the cause this sounds like alot of fun.so let me know were this goes and if your interested.PEACE!

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, sounds like fun to me and a learning experience.

Please do start.... I will join in when I figure out how.

We are a bit slower in the south due to the heat or so my northern friends tell me.

Dizzie

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
OK, as a considered expert in the art of BS, get this going, and I'll write at least one "green door mystery" type story for it. You have to find the voices.(For those too young to know about the Green Door Mystery Theatre, it was a hoot.)

PS--Give me U2U if this goes ahead, and i'll start work.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by NGC2736]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here's a lead story for your "news hour"

Haggar Physicists Develop 'Quantum Slacks'
| Issue 37•21

DALLAS–At a press conference Monday, Haggar physicists announced the successful development of "Quantum Slacks," attractive, wrinkle-free pants that paradoxically behave like both formal and casual wear.

Enlarge Image
Scientists at Haggar's Pants Propulsion Laboratory bombard khakis with high-speed pleat particles.

"With this breakthrough, pants enter a whole new dimension," said Dr. Daniel Chang, head of the Haggar team. "Conventional notions about the properties and possibilities of slacks have been completely turned on their head."

Though long dreamed of by theoretical physicists and science-fiction authors, the quantum slacks represent the first wearable pair of non-Newtonian pants, putting America one step closer to a complete casual wardrobe that transcends classical physics.

"For decades, we conducted level-one physics experiments in which we collided individual subatomic particles in a highly controlled laboratory setting," Chang said. "But an array of technical hurdles kept us from taking the next logical step: colliding pants."

www.theonion.com...

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7-10-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone who responded and showed interest

I will work on the first post of the project and try to get it up on BTS by Friday.

mojo4sale = Thanks, I know with your fantastic writing skills you can whip up something entertaining

NGC2736 = I can't wait to see what you come up with that mystery deal sounds like fun

dizziedame = we would be glad to have you join in on the fun. If all goes well, there will be a few examples up soon, so you can see how the idea and theme are submitted.

future flow = awesome job on your tune, super, it would be great to be able to showcase the talent of our own members within the imaginary deal we are trying to get started.

I will U2U everyone with some more info before the thread gets started!!

Let's give it a go!!

Thanks again, I will be in touch.

top topics

join