It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's BEST touring car race is on this Sunday. (Oz time)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
For racing fans, this is a beast of a race.

Only two Manufacturers, Ford vs Holden, which makes for some serious rivalry.

Here's a fast lap to whet your appetite.

History of the Bathurst 1000.

Latest news.
Winterbottom on pole at Bathurst 1000. *must be painful*

If your are not in Australia and you have cable, I'm sure you will be able find it on one of the sports channels.

sanc

Edit: updated you tube link

[edit on 13-11-2007 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Wow! That's some race.

It's hard for me to imagine shifting with my left hand, as I've shifted with my right hand all my life.

Did he say 166 laps?

I gritted my teeth for the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Im about an hour away from sitting down on the couch with some frothy's to watch the race. Bathurst is as big as the melbourne cup here, and the streets will be just about deserted today.

My moneys on Garth Tander and Rick Kelly but this race is so long and arduous a winner can come from just about anywhere.
In qualifying yesterday they had kangaroo's on the track fortunately there wasnt any major problems except for one Roo which managed to avoid 6 or 7 cars traveling at about 200kms per hour while hopping merrily down the middle of the track.
The Roo's are only one of the X factors, it may not look it from tv angles but across the top of the mountain down to forest bend there are so many blind spots through the bends where the road just drops away sharply.
Down conrod straight the top speeds just hit 300kph.
One of the most demanding races in the world. If you havent seen it before i would certainly suggest finding out where you can.
Let the carnage begin!!

join