It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a worldwide conspiracy to turn teenagers into Emos?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
KTK

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
"So your saying that reprise records, is a organization that influences kids to act depressed, to make them think that being depressed is cool? some bands do that, not an entire record company unless they want to get shut down"..

In a sense yes, record companies dont take on anyone unless they can niche market the crap out of them.

This is the reason why so much popular music is crap, real music isnt marketable.

They create the image, they create the lingo and they create the hype and purposely target youth through the other arms they own. Reprise has made an artform out of it for many decades.They have perfected the art with this emo poop

They have a emo section in record shops now, they even have emo clothing stores.

So yes the record company has created the whiny,depressed, cutting image.

If that wasnt the case everyone that has posted in this thread wouldnt know about it as it would be an underground scene. I doubt real emos get depressed and cut themselves while listening to crap music.

Perhaps i am biased as i dislike mainstream record companies, and i myself listen to obscure underground music

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's far from a "conspiracy," guy. It's the natural evoluton of subcultures, which is exploited by a corporate force for monetary gain only. There's no ulterior motive but very blatant one. Money. Pharmaceutical companies and their anxiety/depression treatments are a whole other topic aswell. The music or lifestyles of these kids aren't connected in anyway with that.

Sorry there's nothing more.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Oh yeah... Rites of Spring. COMPLETELY UNDER RATED/OVERLOOKED. Though Fugazi has seen it's fair share of panties drop in my room though. Amen. Nothing I can cry about there...

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Teenagers have been obsessed with self-destructive behavior since the dawn of time. Nothing new here.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The reason it's the punks/goths/emos/skaters that are destructive seems to me to be the fairly obvious situation that they are the underclass of high school society. They are the kids that have a hard time and are picked on, so naturally they'd be more depressed than the dominant preps/jocks who support each other.

Whether they joined their new "group" because they were depressed nerds/outcasts, or their having joined the new group (when they had no where else to go) turned them into depressed nerds/outcasts, I do not know. This is just what I recall being fairly clear during my high school years. I just know that if I'm going to cut somebody, I would not be my first choice.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
ummmmmm, are you serious?

people have been making money off teen rebelion since forever. Im sure there was a 'able deserved it t shirt' the next day.

Rock and Roll ring a bell? greased hair? cigarettes? leather jackets? the whole james dean image?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
When i was at school(UK) years ago the goths/emos got bullied and the **** beat out of them most of the time. I think thats why they commit suicide and cut them selves.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
Emo is just a trend about fashion, not following mainstream,

Does anybody else see the contradiction??? Sorry Equinox, just couldn't help myself. There is nothing original or rebellious anout being an 'Emo' anymore, it is mainstream popular culture. Just go look at My Space, it's like a cloning experiment collided with a cosmetics factory over there apparently.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHumana
The reason it's the punks/goths/emos/skaters that are destructive seems to me to be the fairly obvious situation that they are the underclass of high school society. They are the kids that have a hard time and are picked on, so naturally they'd be more depressed than the dominant preps/jocks who support each other.

Whether they joined their new "group" because they were depressed nerds/outcasts, or their having joined the new group (when they had no where else to go) turned them into depressed nerds/outcasts, I do not know. This is just what I recall being fairly clear during my high school years. I just know that if I'm going to cut somebody, I would not be my first choice.

I guess depending on where you come from. When I was in school we were a mixed skater/punk/hardcore kid kind of clique and we ran the spot. We had friends who had self-defeatist attitudes but I think it's more NORMAL and individually varied instead of some kind of natural social progression in those kinds of groups.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join