It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
About 10 years ago i dated a fellow indigo. Of course at the time we didn't know the label indigo. We just both knew there was something different about us. When we would get together and discuss paranormal things, we would both begin to feel like we could fly. (not literally, but its the only way we could discribe how we felt.) We would always have very strange things happen to us and when they happened the song '7' would come on. This morning I woke up thinking about that song and what it meant. I still don't know. I need your helping analyzing and interpreting this song. Will you please help. P.S. I don't need anyones wise cracks or whatever. If you have a different opinion, state it and move on but ridiculing people for their belief is a waste of your time and mine. thanks.

Lyrics to 7

[edit on 10/6/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'll take a go at this

Lyrics from
www.seeklyrics.com...
Prince - 7 Lyrics

All 7 and we'll watch them fall
They stand in the way of love
And we will smoke them all
With an intellect and a savoir-faire
No one else in the whole universe
Will ever compare

First 7 is the number that some relate to Spiritual light. But since they stand in the way of love, I would guess they are the heretics that claim religious authority through this front. So lets say the religious right, or those in power that use religion for gain, yet really live for power and greed. Note they are labeled as intellects an savoir-faire(literally "know how to do"; to respond appropriately to any situation) Those that use calculated moves.

I am urs now and u are mine
And 2gether we'll love through
All space and time, so don't cry
One day all 7 will die

Speaking to the audience, reassuring them peace will eventually arrive. When the 7 go away.

And I saw an angel come down un2 me
In her hands she holds the very key
Words of compassion, words of peace
And in the distance, an army's marching feet (1 2 3 4 - 1 2 34)
But behold, we will watch them fall

Key for me is faith or belief, others claim it as hidden knowledge. He says it is the truth of love and peace. The army and violence fades away(distance fall), because of our faith in their demise, they leave our thoughts and worries.

And we lay down on the sand of the sea
And before us animosity will stand and decree
That we speak not of love only blasphemy
And in the distance, 6 others will curse me
But that's alright (that's alright)
4 I will watch them fall (1 2 3 4 5 6 7)

Beach is a huge metaphor, where we will walk with the saints. The voices from hate, who are in power, which is why they can decree, use their false dogma to stand in the way of love by accusing blasphemy. 6 is the number of darkness, they attack also with curses. Then again he says we will make it through.

And we will see a plague and a river of blood
And every evil soul will surely die in spite of
Their 7 tears, but do not fear
4 in the distance, 12 souls from now
U and me will still be here - we will still be here

This is out of revelations, the plague and the river of blood. So he is speaking of the end when the wicked are cast out suffering the second death. Regardless of their false claims, now just tears.

This is important, and why I accept this is connected with religious beliefs. Some call Jesus the fourth prophet. I believe him to be the son of God, and part of the holy trinity. But some line them up Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus. so Jesus in the distance, and his 12 disciples returning. At the time of his return, the righteous will still be here, the false believers, and the wicked will not.

There will be a new city with streets of gold
The young so educated they never grow old
And there will be no death 4 with every breath
A voice of many colors sings a song
That's so bold
Sing it while we watch them fall

This is new Jerusalem out of the Bible, it says the streets will be paved with gold. Also eternal life and sharing of knowledge. 'Jesus with every breath', is all will praise the Lord. The song will be the 'new song' only those in the book of life are taught. This is all straight out of the Bible.

That's my best guess, but the interpreter is different for all, just use discernment.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks for your interpretation. I would like to see others interpretaions as well. Does anyone else have a different view on these lyrics?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So what are some of the "strange" things that would happen to you and your BF before the song came on?

Do you think the song 7 has some psychic power or other mystical properties?

Redge777, interpretation seems applicable. But a lot of songs are just exercises in literary license and really don't have any meaning except the one the listener put on it. Could this be the case with 7?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I agree there are many interpretations. But he did use direct quotes from Revelations. Although his interpretation of Revelations could be anything.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Prince once wrote a song with the lyrics:

starfish and coffee
maple syrup and jam
butterscotch clouds, a tambourine
and a side order of ham.

so...

however, IMHO, the "7" could be the deadly sins. That was a very quick, and probably very poor, analysis, but i wanted to reply.

When did you find out you were an Indigo?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
7 being deadly sins, well there is indications that the seven have the power of decree, and are intelectual and use "know how to" thought. I would hesitate to blanket that as the 7 sins, but is possible for sure.

Plus if 7 is deadly sins, there is no corrisponding thing for 6. 7 being heavenly number(in my analogy fakers) and 6 being evil fits a patern.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i didn't find out about the indigo label until a few weeks ago. but i've always felt 'different' since i could create a thought.

let see, one of the strange thing that happened was we were driving in separate vehicles to a different location. on the way there we were listening to our tapes (didn't have cds back then) and both of our players messed up and when we ejected the tapes that song was playing on the radio. the first time we had sex that song came on. we conceived a child that night (unintentionally). i prayed to my guides about that child. saying how i did not want it. i was going to have an abortion. (i already had a child from my first marriage) i continually told my guides that i did not want that child. then one night i heard my guides. they said, "are you sure you do not want this child?" I said, "yes." the next day i began spotting which led to a miscarriage. i have had eight miscarriages since then and i sometimes wonder if its because i didn't want that child.

sorry to get off topic but it was part of the whole experience.

[edit on 10/6/2007 by stellawayten]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Do you think the song 7 has some psychic power or other mystical properties?

I really have no idea. I just know that back then it meant a lot to me and seemed to have something weird about it. Back then I read something where someone asked prince about what it meant and he just smiled and wouldn't say anything about it. back then it was very mystical to me but i haven't heard it in a long time. i just was thinking about it this morning and thought that maybe it had some kind of meaning for someone else too.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
anyone else have any more interpretations? I'm intrigued to see what others have to say.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
i have had eight miscarriages since then and i sometimes wonder if its because i didn't want that child.

sorry to get off topic but it was part of the whole experience.

Aww, that's horrible ;(

But you shouldn't culpabilize about it. You made your choice, and regardless of what happens, you have free will, and it primes over everything else. I'm not learning you anything, I'm sure.

new topics

top topics

join