It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disinformation, by you !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It seems almost every Topic is completely exaggerated. For instance I just read one called " Time machines are real" !!!! .... and i open it up only to find a vague theory. Dont get me wrong, I love this board, but theres so much crap I have to sift through. I dont know how many photoshoped pictures, ... or just plain hoaxes Ive seen here, are people that desperate for attention ?? Everyone wants to be a bloody time traveller, some mystic sage, or an alien hybrid. People claim to know these profound truth's, with absoloutely nothing to back it up. by the way, were in the matrix, 9/11 was caused when aliens clearly hijacked the planes to destroy evidence of their existence in the buildings. and I think a werewolf is stalking me. .... In human form of course. haha, .... does anyone else feel me on this ??

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

does anyone else feel me on this ??

Ummm no...not really...I find if a post title doesn't grab me, or if i find it to be exaggerated, I don't read it...Simple....If the title does get me in, but the content is garbage, again, quickly move on to something else...

This site, like any media, is best looked at this way...If you don't like the tv program/movie/song/book/website, don't watch/read or listen to it...

Easy, huh ?

Not trying to bag you out or anything...But as myself and many others have said before, it is more than worth having to put up with some posts you find unnecessary, exaggerated or just plan dumb, in order to get the quality stuff we do on here...

It's just so easy to ignore stuff you find silly or don't like...

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
9/11 was caused when aliens clearly hijacked the planes to destroy evidence of their existence in the buildings.

WHAT?!?!? you mean that didn't happen?

I agree with Rilence just sift through,
you don't have to read all the topics of all the forums. Yet I know some of them to be way out there and could be very good stories, but there is also a thing here where if they are found hoaxing they are banded and its not just the regular people reading, mods read em to and they do the mod thing and poof baned.

Then theres the god stories which will linger for a few days before the [HOAX] tag.

But yes there has been a few more long tailed stories then usual , but I have my own idea about that.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
What if one poster was so predictable and generic it was apparent they were all one in the same? Throwing out preposterous ideas and questions for reactionary purpose. The same of which is probably a very good hacker able to post under numerous names controlling numerous hacked computers?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Well, personally I am not bothered and I agree with previous posters that if something seems uninteresting, I just move on. They have the right to post their opinions, and other people may agree with them even if you do not.

I quite enjoy seeing the freedom people have here. Its not disinformation since people can disagree. Its a discussion.

Just some advice to the OP.. if you stop getting annoyed because of the actions of others and just go with the flow, you will feel more relaxed and calm. Ask yourself why you get annoyed. Is it because you want this site to only spread credible information? But who will judge what is credible? The very nature of a open site will make it contain all kinds of posts...

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:24 AM
link   
'Funny' how the introduction to site dates are so very similar. Glad I have Uniblue.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm glad someone posted this. While I agree that one must browse with caution, it is almost too easy to post anything that would make even a shred of sense; and yet be mostly garbage... I mean, consider the site we're on. The whole point is to take a shot in the dark if we hear the slightest sound, and hope something comes of it. I wouldn't so much call it disinformation compared to just bogus.

I'll add though, it'd help if people's grammar were better. Yea, thats not the point, but presentation is everything

[edit on 9-10-2007 by mbiekn]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
.... Allright, I'm bringing this thread out of retirement. Postings are getting a little excessive, .....

... Predictions; does everyone feel the need to post their predictions for the future ?? 1. your not psychic 2. Just because your dog looked at you funny this morning, .. doesnt mean somethings going to happen 3. Stop presenting your idea's or predictions to be truth.

.... God; ... how many threads to we need for god ? .... In how many ways can you ask " Is there a god" ... why god this, why god that. " Is god a vegetarian" ..... if you really seek an answer to a simple question, do some research.

.... Sometimes I feel ATS has been inundated by pre-teens who are almost devoid of common sense, and just like to see people respond to their foolishness, ......

.... how long untill we have " Twilight " threads. Discussing the possibility that it was a documentary.

.... Whats that you say ?? ... maybe I should respect their right to free speech ?? ..... well I would If they respected mine and didnt report me for my views on their posts or on the topic in general.

... I want to move idea's forward, not backtrack.

.... tough love baby, tough love.

[edit on 2-7-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

I couldn't agree with you more
I've only been browsing this place since early this year , and I find these obviously deceptive predictions annoying also .
These hoaxers are making a mockery of this place just for the hell of it .
Not cool

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Nah, It can be annoying at times but I understand to an extent why people are like this, so my heart goes out to them and I move on to something I can personally relate to.

What gets me is when I am in a thread that I find appealing and there's just the one person who's overly rude, demeaning,negative or belittling to others with no real input and it seems to be the same people over and over and over again, but that's life.

In the end it's really nothing to get bothered by, this is the internet after all you're bringing tons of people together it's only normal some clash and it really isn't worth it and can get really unhealthy to be overly aggravated/angered/annoyed by people online.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   

are people that desperate for attention ??

Umm.... Yep! Sad huh!

Everyone wants to be a bloody time traveller, some mystic sage, or an alien hybrid. People claim to know these profound truth's, with absoloutely nothing to back it up.

Is it any wonder the human race is doomed?

by the way, were in the matrix, 9/11 was caused when aliens clearly hijacked the planes to destroy evidence of their existence in the buildings.

I believe you because yesterday my vision went blurry after a few beers and I then realized that getting p*ssed allows me to see imperfections in the matrix!

and I think a werewolf is stalking me. .... In human form of course. haha, .... does anyone else feel me on this ??

I can't feel you... come a little closer! Woof!

IRM

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

It seems almost every Topic is completely exaggerated. For instance I just read one called " Time machines are real" !!!! .... and i open it up only to find a vague theory. Dont get me wrong, I love this board, but theres so much crap I have to sift through. I dont know how many photoshoped pictures, ... or just plain hoaxes Ive seen here, are people that desperate for attention ?? Everyone wants to be a bloody time traveller, some mystic sage, or an alien hybrid. People claim to know these profound truth's, with absoloutely nothing to back it up. by the way, were in the matrix, 9/11 was caused when aliens clearly hijacked the planes to destroy evidence of their existence in the buildings. and I think a werewolf is stalking me. .... In human form of course. haha, .... does anyone else feel me on this ??

I'm saving this into a word document on my computer. and i only put the best of the best things that i find on the internet in that particular scrap book for personal giggles. You sir, are the voice of this webiste and ought to be president. i also liked the twilight joke, my gf tried to make me watch that nonsense and i was like really? you're a grown ass woman trying to make me watch this???

We broke up soon after...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I know were your coming from but it can only get worse before it gets better, so my response to most is depicted below.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/9365a0b26993d050.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

While I agree that there's a gread deal of piffle on ATS, you're abusing the word "disinformation" which is associated with deliberate attempts to mislead or misinform for purposes of state.

There's a difference between that and the nonsense you correctly disparage.

In that sense, the title you chose is equally disappointing to me as any of the threads you mention.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by rich23

.... How could I abuse a word ..... if the word enjoyed it ?? ...... aye !! aye comrade !!!!

Yeah I didnt bother to look up the definition of it before I posted that, ... like 3 years ago. My rationality gave way to blind rage.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I havent been around lately, ... for some reasons the subjects some people are posting seem to be ..... lacking.

Does everyone feel a need to make a new thread on their personal opinion about a subject ??

Stuff like " Why I'm not a christian" " god doesnt exist" " why i hate abortions" " my grandpa's friend has the swine flu"

I just click on some threads and have to stop myself from saying " What the hell is the point of this thread " Maybe I'm just acting like a little girl today, I dunno, does anyone else feel me on this one ????

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I havent been around lately, ... for some reasons the subjects some people are posting seem to be ..... lacking.

Does everyone feel a need to make a new thread on their personal opinion about a subject ??

Stuff like " Why I'm not a christian" " god doesnt exist" " why i hate abortions" " my grandpa's friend has the swine flu"

I just click on some threads and have to stop myself from saying " What the hell is the point of this thread " Maybe I'm just acting like a little girl today, I dunno, does anyone else feel me on this one ????

So what kind of threads will you be more interested in seeing? I actually understand what you are saying, some threads do seem to get repetitive (the god and atheists threads are usually the same).
Some threads, like you say, are not really informative and can be considered "garbage".
Although i look at things like this: what seems like crap to me is golden for others.

So, what kinds of threads do YOU find interesting? perhaps your ideas could help many members post stuff that will actually bring good discussion to the table.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by newworld

I dont think its an issue of wanting more, we want less, less cries for attention from people who need to feel special and unique...
the obvious BS threads that make a mockery of real conspiracy related investigation.

top topics

join