It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel may have tricked Syria radars to hide raid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Originally posted by Xfile
the heros of entebbe .destroyers of iraq nuke facility etc,etc.only the goose stepping anti semites here at ats would doudt this story.im sure the idf would crush your lame ass countries air defenses as easily as their arab enemies,lol.

could you explain why saying anything against the state of israel is anti semites? shouldnt it also be anti islamic as a 1/5 are muslim

As usual you Arabs try to twist everything in your favor like Saddam claiming victory even though he got his rear stomped into the sand.
Know this my friend, Israel will never be defeated in war as written in the holy book. Your buddy the president of Iran quotes the mosses story and swares it to be true and then later says that Israel should be wiped of the map. I am tired of the Two faced side of Islam and the world needs to wake up before its to late.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
An attempt to get back on topic here....

Originally posted by Duby78
Well, if Syria's air defense network is run on MS Windows, everything is possible... especially if they use the Explorer

If such system actually exists and is capable as stated, then why to buy new expensive aircraft, such as F-22 or B-2? Bring in old good Phantoms, Intruders etc. Hell, maybe a couple of Spitfires, too

There is also an interesting possibility I've read on one forum - the strike might have been commenced by the US, using B-2 or stuff like that, and Israel taking the 'credit'.

But really, we really have so little actual info on this event. Both sides are pretty silent, and that is VERY strange. Makes you wonder...

You doubt the system exists? To be frank, me too. I've never heard of such a thing, although theoretically it seems possible. That point you brought up about not needing new and expensive craft if such a system exists along with the fact that I couldn't find any other source to corroborate this makes me wonder...

Can someone track down more info on this "Suter" system? All my searches are leading me round and round back to that blog entry from Aviation Week.

It's kind of like that commando story we heard last week. Round and round and back to Times Online...

I'm going to try to find out who owns Aviation Week.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Lots more suter articles you missed, they go back to 2002.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

Cool. This will make interesting reading. Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
No problem.

I read them yesterday, its quite interesting. Note that some of it is used for military avionics, and some of it is landbased network hacking.

I don't know Aviation Week's background other than I "have heard" that they're an "unoffical release" for aviation information. IIRC Intelgurl has even quoted them, if that tells you anything.

As for the article, IIRC it says a system like suter.

Just to stir the pot, elsewhere I found an article from 2005 about Israel complaining that Russia was incorporating Israeli tech into weapons systems they were selling.

Israel's main concerns are not so much about the sale of modern weapon systems to replace aging equipment in the Syrian military, but rather about Israeli technology incorporated in these systems offered by the Russians to their military hardware clientele.

Also, I've linked a different article about Israel providing tech for Russian defense systems in another thread.

So I would postulate that Israel traded some tech to russia, who incorporated it into some of their weapons systems, and Israel was able to "leverage" that knowledge to hack the systems with a "sutor like" program.

You could perhaps go farther and speculate that Russia was complicit in the Israeli attack, but that would be quite a strech IMO.

[edit on 10/7/07 by makeitso]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
IIRC Intelgurl has even quoted them, if that tells you anything.

It tells me something. Ok then, I guess they're a reputable enough source.

The only thing I could find out so far about their background is that they're part of The McGraw-Hill Companies Inc.

Hey, makeitso, good job

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

i am bengali (There is a masive diffrence between bengali and Arabs

1. i dont come from a sharia run country
2. we were founded by muslims,Hindus and christians (breaking away from pakistan)

this BS from you Israelis (i might aswelll assume like you)

i am also tired of you arm chair generals with your BS and anti islamic chatter
and west wing antics, its become so pathetic in ATS as its become hard to even have a decent discussion without being called Anti this anti that.

or is that all you people like to do? go into topics and see someone disagree with you or have a diffrent prospective, label them something.

remember one thing, this can also be turned around against you and others who use this BS all the time, as it can be used against me if i do the same.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Well, I agree it is a possibility. Whenever there are computers and wireless remote data transfer, all sorts of mischief are possible. But hacking into air defense network would be extremely difficult. To those that don't understand, it is nothing alike Internet hacking. Completely different stuff.

And Beachcoma, I' looking forward to see results of your research. Could be interesting!

I'll also try to dig out something about this alleged "Suter" system, but I doubt I'll find out something really interesting.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Intelgurl? Yuck. She's succumbed to the anti-China/China is not a third world country hysteria/disinfo...I do not view her as a reputable source.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
She's succumbed to the anti-China/China is not a third world country hysteria/disinfo...I do not view her as a reputable source.

But China isn't a third-world country any more. It's a developing nation, and it's developing extremely fast.

China years: How many are you living?
Forget Dog Years -- We Are Living `China Years': William Pesek

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Have you ever been to China or spoke to anyone who has? I haven't been there but based off of the many Chinese I have spoken to as well as Americans who have been there, there's a common theme-deplorable living conditions.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
But China isn't a third-world country any more. It's a developing nation, and it's developing extremely fast.

But unfortunately for the majority of the people, China is a communist country, therefore the people don't get the rewards of a fast developing country. Very few civilians get a great life in China from the developing economy because the government siphons off most of the money.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
To the two posters above:

Say what you want, I was just pointing out that China isn't a third world nation, but a developing nation. If you want to discuss the finer points of the socio-economic conditions in China, open a thread about it. This thread is about how Israel hacked into Syrian radar systems.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just a side note about the original topic...the Tomcats have always had the ability to deliver false radar readings. They make themselves appear like they are coming from another direction or show up as 8 fighters when it's just 2. It's possible that since the credibility of the source is in question, the Syrian system may have been overloaded with to many false targets. That would delay the reaction time long enough for a couple F-16's to get in.

But that's just my opinion though.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Bit more information come out today.

Analysts Find Israel Struck a Nuclear Project Inside Syria

WASHINGTON, Oct. 13 — Israel’s air attack on Syria last month was directed against a site that Israeli and American intelligence analysts judged was a partly constructed nuclear reactor, apparently modeled on one North Korea has used to create its stockpile of nuclear weapons fuel, according to American and foreign officials with access to the intelligence reports.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join