It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop Pepper Sprays, Punches, Nearly Breaks Girl's Arm During Curfew Arrest

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Cop Pepper Sprays, Punches, Nearly Breaks Girl's Arm During Curfew Arrest

www.prisonplanet.com

Another shocking example of police brutality has been caught on camera showing a cop nearly breaking a girl's arm, punching her and then pepper spraying her in the face as she cries after being arrested for violating a city curfew
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Unbelievable video, absolutly disgraceful conduct to this young lady. Our American police no longer are the "Peace Officers" ,instead they are trained that the public is the enemy. The new title is "Law enforcement". The police need to realize they are public servants, there actions are being broadcast to the web . The power of the web has been a effective tool for demonstrating how our officers are abusing the position. This is danerous game to play.

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-10-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
They have curfews in Florida? Why?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
The power of the web has been a effective tool for demonstrating how our officers are abusing the position.

You're on PrisonPlanet. Do you think they are going to tell stories of how the Police stopped a shooting? How they helped someone like they do most of the time? I don't think so. All they show is the rare "bad cop" to turn people against them as a whole.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In this case, not like the other recent incidents of the misuse of pepper spray and tasers, the officer was well within his rights to spray this youth.

The girl was not cooperating, physically resisting and if you watch the tape closely, the officer sprayed her after the girl bit (or attempted to bite him on his right hand/wrist area.)

One of the most infectious bites is a human bite.

I am upset as well over the recent mace and taser misuse by the police.

This time I have to say it was justified.

edit: spelling AGAIN

[edit on 2007/10/5 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As unfortunate as that scene was to watch, the girl should've listened. Plain and simple. Cops aren't taught how to react nicely when a perp isn't cooperating. She bit him, and he punched her. I am all for flaming a bad cop, but this guy was just at the wrong place, doing his job, at the wrong time.

The girl was crazily uncooperative. What would you have done? It didn't get ugly until she bit him.

AAC

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This was a complete POS. Notice the cop looking at the camera? Gotta make sure this is on camera. He says, "I'll use force Ma'am" like he wasn't already? She goes what, 100lbs? He could have subdued her with body weight. And that bite? ON HIS GLOVES? This is # made to make the cops look bad imo. I'm not saying there isn't bad cops, there are, but this is just a propaganda piece.

apc

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What a stupid little twit. I wanted to reach into my screen and smack the drama queen out of her.

The officer gave her more than enough chances to cooperate. He was wise to make sure every second was caught on camera.

Using a taser would have gone too far. This level of force was 100% justified.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

A lot of cities have curfews for minors (some places they're only for under 16 year old kids) on weekday evenings, it's nothing sinister. From what I've seen they're almost never enforced (I've never seen one enforced) unless the kid is already doing something disruptive - even the universal curfews we had down here after Katrina/Wilma/Rita were unenforced (and they were actually put into place for a very good reason.)

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All very good points above, as usual from these members. I do believe though he was going overboard with her arms though. I think he should have conducted himself in a more appropriate manner considering she was just a little girl. The girl did not bite him until he was at the point of breaking both arms. The arms were not in a position to submit because of the pressures exertet.This was a strong male in his 30's he could have ended the situation differently, like hancuffing her one hand to something until a fellow officer arrived to help.
I dont believe punching children in the face is appropriate even though, yes, the bite is a sure infectious wound. I agree about prisonplanet, I do not however see many good police videos, any links? I have had nothing but ok experiances with police, but I acted accordingly to there authority, and knew I did something wrong to be in the situation. the girl will probably suffer for many years with the arm sockets, The young can strech more, a adult would have been dislocated more than not with this kind of pressure.
Tough call, but for me, I see this particular policeman going too far.

DWT

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dntwastetime

A little girl? She is 15 years old and doing a very good job resisting until the very end.

apc

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dntwastetime
The girl did not bite him until he was at the point of breaking both arms.

That's what police are supposed to do. Instead of fighting back she would have been wise to simply comply. Hell, she would have been wise to comply in the first place rather than act like a five year old who doesn't want to go to bed yet.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by dntwastetime

A little girl? She is 15 years old and doing a very good job resisting until the very end.

Oh please. A 100lb 15 yo girl? Hell one of my legs almost weigh that. Big white cop, small black girl. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out this is a video to divide the masses. Even those that support the cops.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
She was resisting, then tried to bite him.

He was completely justified in his use, I think that force was completely fitting for the situation, and I don't often side with cops.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Oh please. A 100lb 15 yo girl? Hell one of my legs almost weigh that. Big white cop, small black girl. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out this is a video to divide the masses. Even those that support the cops.

Big white cop having a hard time getting her hands behind her back to hangcuff on her. Lets see you try that.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
True True, all true I am not disputing you all. I personaly consider a 15 year old a little girl. Young Lady maybe would be the better term , either way. I cant say for sure because I never was in this kind of situation,I would have lifted her up ,put her in the back of the car once she resited too much, or like I said draged her to a place and hancuffed one hand and called for more police.Easy for a outsider to say, and easier said than done I know.
Propaganda piece, sure that makes sense. This video maybe will deter assault in the future by police and civilians. If we resist this is what happens. If we punch kids this is what happens.Two way street.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Big white cop having a hard time getting her hands behind her back to hangcuff on her. Lets see you try that.

Ain't that hard man. Drive a forward knee behind their recesive knee and while off balance BOOM, done. I can also tell you how to get out of a hammerlock if you want.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ain't that hard man. Drive a forward knee behind their recesive knee and while off balance BOOM, done. I can also tell you how to get out of a hammerlock if you want.

I doubt that would work. As long as she still able to move her arms around.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I doubt that would work. As long as she still able to move her arms around.

You don't have a lot of practical experience, do you? If you can't stand, ie: leverage, you can't do much.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Seen the video, the officer did everything correctly in my view, the girl was a moron. Up past curfew (debates aside about the curfew), and how do you not understand the words coming out his mouth, "PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR DUMBASS BACK" said around 40 times.

He did not use unneccessary force, in fact he was trying to use minimal force, until she bit him, then even after that, he showed restraint, then used the pepper spray, all within standard procedure.

kudos for a job well done for a change by the police.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join