It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SSSC) "The Tale of the Fall leaves"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Tale of the Fall Leaves

It was a fall night much like tonight. The leaves of the old druid trees where turning from their lively green color into the subtle orange earthly tones that should have been a sign that we where all about to go into a change. I never thought it would change me, it was another season. And with new seasons come change. I grab the rake and plug in my Ipod to listen to all my favorite tunes. This time of year is always so beautiful, but always makes a mess of my yard.. The old druid trees fill my yard with their majestic beauty.. The wind rustles threw the branches almost giving life to these trees.. The branches dance up and down as if they are at a rock concert rocking out in the wind.

As I pass under one of the trees, getting my rake into place where I can make one big swipe to get as many leaves as possible.
The leaves begin to make piles upon piles, as I have been working at this for a couple hours now. The sweat beads off my forehead, like the condensation of a cool glass of lemonade in the summer times.
I take a moment to sit down beside one of the trees. Putting my back against the cool bark of the old druid trees. I close my eyes and take in a few deep breaths.

In mid breath I feel something stab into my back. Like a knife going threw butter I look down at my chest and see a large branch sticking out of my chest! I am lifted up off the ground, and blood rushing from my chest, I am turned around and before I get a chance to notice fully what I going on, I notice the trees around me have all come to life!! Within the main trucks of the trees have become open mouths with many sharp wooden teeth. Large Green and red eyes that almost protrude as if their eyes are about to pop out of the sockets which the eyes lay. Evil laughter fills my head, and before I can react to pull the stick arm out of my chest I am swallowed whole by the tree who had me.

I begin to tumble down a dark tunnel, the slant of the tunnel is a straight drop down! Every few feet I tumble over and over, smashing my face into splinter wood. I try my best to grab hold! Only to find my finger nails being torn off by my frantic grasps!

Over and over I fall, for what seemed to be hours! I feel thousands of splinters stuck in my face and all over my body. And where I once had finger nails is a mess of wooden splinters, like bamboo tourter! I hit the bottom of this tunnel with a great thud! I should be dead I think to myself after such a fall! There is not much room down here, I can barely move. I think my body is broken! Then an opening under me opens, and I begin to fall even further down the hole! Till I fall into a pile of human bodies!! Most of them have been dead for a long time! I start to panic and try to move but my body is broken, I can not move.. But I can get a look around me. And as if this was not horrid enough, the site I see puts fear into my soul. As there are many buildings, and an orange sky. But these buildings almost seem as if they are built out of human body parts and skin!!

I then see these tree-plant people all working at the base of this human body pile..These plant people are taking apart the bodies, and almost working them into a workable fashion.. It reminded me of what we do with wood and trees.

No this cant be I say to myself. Why would these plant people use humans to build their homes, and use us for clothing and other such things in which we use wood products for!!

As I lay there is so much pain I pass out from sheer pain and fear..
I don't know how much time has passed by I feel a tug on my legs, and I awake to find I am being pulled by this huge creature. It looks like a living tree but with no leaves and its bark is almost a bluish color.
It grabs at me and lifts me up to where I am looking right into its eyes.. IT turns and looks to some of its friends, and says something.. I have no idea what they are saying.

It then takes my head, and rips it off from my body! Darkness ensures around me, but I am not dead. Far from being dead here. I don't know how they did it, but they captured my soul, and injected into a very small seed.

From there the years pass by, and turn into decades.. I now find myself back in my yard. But not as a human, but as a tree! I can not move, and can not talk! I only have hundred's of years before me, in the same place. Perhaps on another fall night I will come alive to take the soul of those who rake my leaves.

================================================

I wrote this SS on the fly today
I hope you enjoy it.. But like I said, I spent about 30 mins on this today and just popped into my head..

Ive been working on stories about Tree people who use humans as we use trees.. I thought this little twist would be pretty scary

[edit on 5-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Very cool, my friend !!

Encore !

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Thank you Lex!
Some really good stories out there now folks! Im new to all this, so this is my first story on ATS.. I wish everyone else in the contest good luck and know there are some great writters on ATS.. Im honored to take part

I need an editor..
my grammer and stuff is not up to par..

[edit on 5-10-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Buddy no worries about your grammer and spelling.As long as I can read it you are good to go.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
cool concept zysin and you got it across, props.

mojo

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Zysin you rule man! Keep up the great work!!!
IDWT

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I love ya story as well , I could see it all as some sick twisted "Sin City" type graphic novel with tons of splash pages while it takes place in a "Swamp Thing "inspired area. You and AD are great writers and I can't believe the both of you are on the Avengers Squad !!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   
You have a great future Zy. You are a challenge to defeat! I love trees, and my yard needs raked, maybe I'll buy a leaf blower this year...(walking away whistling)

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Thanks everyone!! You sure do know how to make a guy feel right at home!!

If it wasnt for the already great writters we have on here I would have never been modivated to start writting agin..
My past writting skills go back to when I was a dungeon master for many people.. I was the guy who made up all my own worlds, dungeons, monsters, and NPC's.
This all started back when I was much younger in my teens, and was invited to do one of my stories at Gem Con 91 in Toldeo Ohio..
"dreams of darkness"
Prehaps I will share that story with you all here sometime when I have some extra time..

That was some good times, and always kept me out of trouble

And really helped my creative side really shine! And just for such a long time I put my writting on the bottom of the list..
But thanks to everyone here, I am going to start writting agin!!

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
As one of those terrible non-humans known as 'tree huggers', I started reading this thinking 'Oh, geez, now people are gonna hate trees because they're evil. Cut 'em all down and let God sort them out!'.

But then, as I read the last part, I thought ' Glorious glorious karma' and laughed out loud.

Great story, zythin5.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is a very different kind of scarey story and to me the best part was that I could actually imagine myself being eaten by the tree!

Good one.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Thanks agin!! Yeah I am one of those non human tree huggers too!!

Thats why I have always warned people to respect nature around you..

As you never know somewhere out there in space could be a planet of tree people, who use Meatbags like us to their own will!

This is just the start to this idea! Im going to do a longer story that tells the tale of these Tree like people...

As I have this idea that every life form on earth. Has the possible outcome of becomming like us human...

So somewhere out there, planets of Cat people. Dog people, insect people.
Tree people. Underwater fish people..
Every single life on this planet has the chance to become more evolved!
Duck people
IE howard the Duck..
So for every type of life you see here.. Watch how you treat them.. Becasue life is not without a sense of irony!! hehe

overall message is respect nature! And understand we are not alone, and never have been!

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5

This is just the start to this idea! Im going to do a longer story that tells the tale of these Tree like people...

When you do I'll be sure to read it. I admire your imagination.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by elaine]

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I want to hear that story...and I have just begun to write again after 20 years.So you are not alone my friend.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Dude.....you were a DM, too ?

Crap, now everyone knows I
was a nerd.....

Please, share the GenCon story !!!

Oh, I still have all my books,
modules and my personal quests
for the poor saps who rolled my
dice.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think my Joshua trees would have been really wicked, with the long sharp spikes!
They live a long time. Trees just getting even with people....quite clever, different and imaginative. I enjoyed your story zysin5.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lexion

Oh yes I was.. Hehe so now its out in the open, that I am an offical nerd/dork

When I get some time I will put down my dreams of darkness campain for you all here

THanks everyone for taking the time to read my little story here

I wish I had more time to do more writting, but am working 2 jobs here and just dont have the time I would like to have..
But I will have some time comming up next year sometime..
I just like to work my butt off to save as much money as possible, and then after I hit my goal. I then go back to 1 job, and take a vacation.

I think I will be going out to Vegas for my next trip
I have alot of friends who live over that way.. And ATS is pretty much based in that area!
Many kewl members live out that way!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey Ty, wanna meet in Vegas?I'm headed there next summer...

posted on Oct, 25 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
So glad I'm in my nice safe concrete jungle right now!

Excellent concept dude.

Monkey

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just wanted to say that your story is so cool Zy and I hope it gets the rewards it is due!

Happy Halloween friend!

<<   2 >>

join