It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists: Appendix Protects Good Germs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
What most people fail to realize is science and doctors don't really know it all, but act like they do.

No one claims to know it all. People just look to Scientists and Doctors and expect them to have all the answers. A lot of pressure is put on both those groups. If they did know it all people wouldn't be dying from cancer.

Originally posted by FreeThinkerIdealist
I remember while growing up hearing on the local news about milk is bad, then it was good, eggs were bad, then good, wine bad, then good.

In-moderation, everything is somewhat OK. However, drinking 2 pints of full fat milk a day would have adverse affects on your health. Eggs got a bad name because of salmonella poisoning, but unless you're having raw eggs in eggnog, then you've really got nothing to worry about. Most of this has nothing to do with people in the medical profession, it's got everything to do with the MEDIA and how they portray stories and how they affect people's opinions.

People love to get on the band wagon, just like with the MMR vaccination controversy. Now that parents are opting to not have their children vaccinated against various diseases, we've seen some diseases creep back in to society in dozens and more cases. You would take an aspirin or paracetamol for a headache, so why not a vaccine to immunize yourself from a disease.

It's that classic case of distrusting science and medicine, yet when it comes to your daily life you actually trust it a lot more than you realize.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by shaunybaby]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Although God reuses his designs, it does appear he does nothing by chance.

Pure nonsense. There is no evidence to back this up. I'm sorry to dissapoint you but god doesn't exist.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I also had my appendix removed, almost died. I was sick from the flu when it happened. Some people describe a real sore stomach and I didn't have that feeling, so I didn't think anything of it. It wasn't until I couldn't move seven days later and I looked like death, as my sister described and I was rushed to the hospital.

When I arrived to the hospital, the doctor put his hands all around my stomach and rushed me into surgery. Later to find out, the Doctor, told my family that I would have slipped into a coma that night and would've died a day or two later.

I was also told by many, that the appendix is a useless organ and mean while I also hear that it helps and aids the immune system. So lets see what they will "say next year."

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

interesting artical-no doubt the Creator didn't just throw useless parts into us just for the fun of it---the tonsils---30 years ago i read that their purpose was to swell up and prevent you from eating when the body's bacteria defences were being overwhelmed----when we stop eating---fasting----it somehow helps to get rid of the poisons in us.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by shaunybaby

cancer-is a preventable disease-up until the time we humans got so smart to produce chemicals and play with radioactive substances that can cause damage to our genes that some of us have passed on to our kids-----cancer was due to eating things we should not have eaten nor should we still eat.the biblical book of genesis 9:1-4 with the exceptions forbidden in leviticus 11 and deuteronomy 14 tell us what "fuels" our bodies were designed to operate on------put diesel fuel in a gas powered car or gas in a diesel car and you can destroy /cripple it---likewise.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

tried to answer you yesterday but the page went into error-----outer space? somewhere and i got logged out of the system involunteerily ! sure its possible to be religious and not be the member of any particular church organization.my wife and i both fit in that catagory.you read the book and try to live by it and your find out that you'll be shunned or shown the door or be bored out of your mind by most church organizations.some we tried were run by little dictators that had as their main objective to "fleece the sheep" their god was money and ruling it over the dumb sheep-----we saw no evidence of G-Ds love in these types ! the closest we ever saw to a religious organization that seemed to make sense was led by garner ted armstrong back in the 60's but he's dead and gone now---miss his voice on the radio !

top topics

<< 1   >>

join