It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virtual World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Alright, so, I'll give you a brief history of this. It's a game.

It's called the "Virtual World". It's a political oriented strategy game. Basically, you control a country, you control their military, their government, economy etc., and you interact with other nations, whether it be talks, arms deals, war, and other forms of interaction.

It started as a Myspace group. A little advice - if you ever plan on creating this type of game, DON'T use Myspace groups to do it. A game like this takes organization, and that's exactly what Myspace doesn't give in it's groups.

So anyway, it was started by a guy who was interested in that sort of thing, and he invited a lot of random people. I got invited, being involved in political Myspace groups. I brought up the organization issues, and took over the game by going to an actual forum/message board, and making a new game with new rules.

Basically, we did everything on the message board. Held the talks, traded, bought/sold, and had wars. The way you did wars was basically making your maps, announcing your military movements, and announcing your attacks.

Not the best way to have a war, but you're kinda limited on a message board.

Eventually that game died and we made another, with better rules, better organization. We went on to make yet another, again with better rules and better organization. Then, after that one, if you can believe it, we made ANOTHER one. That one fell flat on it's ass fairly quickly, though.

So to wrap up the "brief" history of this - I've come up with ideas for a new game along those lines. A new Virtual World, with even better rules, and better organization.

I have many ideas for it. Alot which I can't seem to communicate well on paper (or on the internet). They just seem good in my mind, and that's about as far as it goes.

So to make a long story short, I want to move from a forum based game to a web site based game. My idea is to create a full website, with nation profiles, character profiles (we did something called "scripted events" where a moderator would script events and make up people, such as leaders of organizations), interactive maps, and possibly a better way to do business and wage war.

I don't even know if this is possible, though.

I'm fairly good at web design, but I'm not up there with the flash developers and interactive website developers. So I don't even know if it's possible.

Does anyone know if it is?

Also, if you have any questions, comments, suggestions etc. on the game itself, I'd love to hear them

OK, I'll shut up now. Forgive my rambling.

[edit on 10/5/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

new topics

join