It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to shapeshift yourself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Certainly there are ways to hone one's level of psychic mastery - becoming attuned, so to speak - but the skills of a shaman are beyond soul (psychic) and into the spirit world - they are true mystics. On the mystical level, it is no longer a-tune-ment but at-one-ment. Being as one on the intangible plane - with those who are there as well as all of those on the tangible. This includes animals, plants, and all natural forces, both terrestrial and cosmic.

yes, yes. one add-on: I feel that the master shaman would first adress more worldly abilities before going beyond all that.

Another thing I can attest to is that once the apprentice fully abandons the desires of ego, not only shape-shifting but the full complement of skills necessary to the work of a shaman, becomes second-nature. I wish I could say 'Here are 4 fool-proof steps to do this,' but it isn't like that - tangible reality works like that but shape-shifting is obviously not confined to our present tangible reality in this world.

From my own experience I can confirm that beyond a certain point the personal will, or "will of the ego", or personal desire becomes unimportant as one gives in to "Gods will". But reaching that point prematurely, or witnessing teachings like that prematurely will not produce an enlightened master but a powerless wimp who doesnt do anything all day because he has "given his will to the universe" so to speak. Gosh...we are going into a lot of detail for ats standards queenannie:-)

The shaman's purpose is to serve the people - it is an office of public service and that is why the ego must not compete as motivation.

In reading this post and other posts of yours I understand the concepts you inform us about. If there were a scale of different types of spirituality I would rank slightly different than you (not better, different). Your type teaches the ego/mind/selfishness to be a kind of limitation. I believe it to be a natural part of human beingness and a useful tool. :-)

This is a process of MIND although it appears to manifest in body - but not always in the way we might think - it is more suitable to leave one's body and join (with permission) with a kindred animal spirit. I have a few companions in my local area and one down in Central America. A barn owl and a hummingbird, locally, and a jaguar down in the rain forest.

My paternal shaman lineage is originally Meso-American and, more recently, Native American. The people that descended from the Olmecs in Mexico later branched into several branches, many known and some still yet undiscovered. The decimated populations and scattered wanderers, the result of Christian missionary efforts under the Spanish crown, eventually migrated north into the lower US seeking land suitable to grow maize - and the organized communities first formed are now known as the Anasazi.

I live in SE NM but I was born very near Oraibi, Arizona - the most ancient center of the Hopi people. In New Mexico, we have the Acoma Pueblo (Sky City) which has also been touted as the oldest continually inhabited community in N. America, but in truth, the Hopi's center was before Acoma.

In many cultures, owls signal an underworld or serve to represent human spirits after death; in other cultures, owls represent supportive spirit helpers and allow humans (often shamans) to connect with or utilize their supernatural powers.

(from Owl Mythology)

One of the widespread beliefs is that hummingbirds, in some way, are messengers between words. As such they help shamans keep nature and spirit in balance.

(from Hummingbird World

Wiki has good information on Jaguars.

This part is interesting. I will follow the lead and study up on it.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

I wasnt referring specifically to yout U2U but to other messages I received. I love receiving U2Us. I just wondered why some wish to stay secretive about this. But I guess I understand it. Keeping some stuff private has its merits.

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer_PR
original content removed by staff -- Byrd

These are the reasons I have no will to share my personal research and or ideas in public.. I said it before, and Ill say it agin.. Many of you are not ready.. Simple..

But thanks to those who U2 me.. I dont mind sharing a little bit with you in private.. ITs just shapeshifting is highly misunderstood these days..

And to me, its not a human turning into a beast.. ITs much different..
Speaking as a native American.. There are truths that have been lost ove the ages, and I am honored to talk with many Tribe shamans about this very subject

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
As I mentioned before earlier in this thread, there is a strong correlation between shape-shifting and remote influencing ability / micro pk. Micro pk is just an under evolved version of macro pk ( which is the ability to totally manipulate reality and distort it or change it to the effect of appearing unrealistic )

It makes sense because energy is at the root of everything. Matter is molecules in motion or energy. If quantum energy is kinetic, and if it is the realm of possibility then other realms beyond this one are purely holographic and are very subject to change and manipulation. Those realms are the foundation of this one, not the other way around. If you can change things in the other realms enough, then eventually things change in this realm. Shape-shifting I believe is somewhat based upon that.

Also in order for the micro pk thing to work ( or any pk ability such as macro pk ) thoughtlessness is required for a reason. Our subconscious mimics quantum reality. When you invoke thoughtlessness it is like invoking the void into your mind. What happens is the ego is pushed aside and then the void can exist within you, much the same way that you can turn on your radio and pick up a radio station that is somewhere being broadcast. The quantum realm isn't "actually" inside you per se ( rather permeates everything ) but we as humans have a latent ability to tune into that. Thoughtlessness forces you to use your subconscious mind purely so it is like a direct communication with the universe and all other subtle realms.... rather direct communication with the quantum realm or the living energy source / being we want to call God. If you can shut off the ego you can shape-shift or manifest amazing things such as described about Ray.

The conscious mind is powered by the ego. When you consciously think, you are referring to self and also referring to things involving self. You'll never be able to manifest things that way as it is like going against the current in a powerful river. Commanding the universe to do what you ask will never work. You have to become an extension of the entire holographic set of realities and then ask your mind ( now represented by all of reality ) to do the things you ask, and it is a split second thing when you use micro pk to manifest things. They say the more energy involved and input the greater the result. However they aren't talking about conscious energy. They are talking about the intensity of your thoughtlessness combined with how bad you really desire something without emotion or self being attached. The ultimate mind state for manifestation is single thought ( which requires a ton of control ) because the slightest things can distract you. Single thought entails the realization of a desire such as shape-shifting. When you can focus your mind purely as one thought and can stay that way indefinitely then you have pretty much invoked the quantum mind. From that mind state you can control anything in reality or manifest anything in reality. It does say that humans are created in God's image in the bible, and this is connected with that. As a race we have so much power when it comes to our creativity combined with desire, and discipline ( or focused mind .)

This all pertains directly to shape-shifting because shape-shifting IS a form of macro pk. And of course it isn't limited to just shifting yourself. You can trans-mutate other things as well. Just remember as above so below. Things must happen in the spiritual realms and in the subtle ethers first before they can manifest here, otherwise you are working against something that is solid and fighting with it instead of going in accordance with the laws of reality and the laws of the universe. If quantum reality is the light source, physical reality would be the object in the middle, and the negative vacuum or void would be the shadow being cast by space / time and also a complete inverse of the light mathematically speaking.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
That is excellent, Poltergeist. You are much better than I in explaining the ego principle. I really like how you explain the vacuum-void of receptiveness:

When you invoke thoughtlessness it is like invoking the void into your mind.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by poltergeist

some of you guys (queenannie, zysin, poltergeist) obviously know what you are talking about. I couldnt agree more with your last post poltergeist.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
To the three above-mentioned "advanced-posters":

My take on "Ego" and Shapeshifting

Of course identifying with an "I" (Ego) is a block to shapeshifting. If there is something you define as "I", such as your body, profession, looks etc. you are hardly going to have an easy time identifying with something else such as a tree or another identity. And it is (imo) in this sense that the "Ego" limits ones abilities to shapeshift.

However, I am not content to go ego-bashing like many spiritual teachings do. The Ego has the purpose to remain focussed on one reality, to remain stable, to remain in a stable standpoint, viewpoint, reality. Without this Ego I would be forever drifting in and out of realities without anything stable and detailed to focus on...without a life. "Ego" for me, is then simply an "I" with all its traits, problems, desires and body that keeps one grounded in this physical life called earth. And the purpose of life is to experience this life. Shapeshifting somewhat contradicts the original life purpose.

So rather than entirely leaving the ego-self behind, I would only make it a bit more flexible, the sense of "I" a bit more elastic and changeable rather than entirely releasing all sense of orientation and self.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
cool ill try this out sometime

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Of course identifying with an "I" (Ego) is a block to shapeshifting. If there is something you define as "I", such as your body, profession, looks etc. you are hardly going to have an easy time identifying with something else such as a tree or another identity. And it is (imo) in this sense that the "Ego" limits ones abilities to shapeshift.

Exactly - BUT ego IS self - we must be selves within the greater whole which is ONE. Two familiar symbols of this concept are:

E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one)
The body of Christ (we are all members of one body - the soul of life)

Without identity, there is no individuality and without individuality there essentially is no true sentient life because thoughts ARE things...and our various thoughts, talents, memories, and experiences are each supremely and equally important for the purpose of making the multi-faceted jewel of humanity SHINE and SPARKLE brighter than the sun!

And so, as you say - the common idea of losing one's ego altogether is no better than being ruled by it. It must simply be in its proper place! A place for everything and everything in it's place. Good orderly direction. GOD-liness. Cleanliness is NOT next to godliness, orderliness is!

What is that saying? Don't forget you are special and unique - just like everyone else!
But that is true - it is possible to remain special but not exert egoistic desires upon your environment. It is only when we seek the greater good that we can truly impact our world positively. When we think of what WE want or what we THINK we need (for, in truth, we have all we need, within) then the world is affected with negative energy.

That vacuum void of self must not suck the vitality - hopes, desires, dreams, potential - from the life around us. That is the root cause of the troubles in the modern world around us. But this is in the process of change, inexorable and inevitable change.

A shaman is a living interface between the tangible and the intangible worlds. His tools for 'magic' are symbols and their meanings in the culture and mind of his people - this has always been a localized community idea but even shamanism is entering a new age - leading into the new age, actually! The new shaman is an expert on the symbols of human culture, down through history and throughout the world.

This is the magic of peace and prosperity which is being conjured up even as I type this. It is gaining in momentum and power as more and more souls awaken to their potential day after day. By awakening to the light within and letting it shine unimpaired by ego's selfish cloud, the world's current dominating forces of greed and personal profit will continue to dissipate until the light of the human spirit will merge with divine illumination and the world will lose it's damaging darkness.

Natural darkness is essential - but darkness from 'spiritual pollution' is more deadly than smog!

And so the idea of ego is not that we must lose it but that we must master self. With the greater heart which is the Buddha heart - the greater mind which is the mind of Christ - the eternal life which is the never-ending cycle of nature!

The promise is sealed in the vision of the rainbow crystal. This planet is that crystal.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   

E Pluribus Unum (out of many, one)
The body of Christ (we are all members of one body - the soul of life)

To add: Unity in Diversity, Diversity in Unity. However: This neednt be enforced because thats the very nature of things. Just like gravity neednt be taught or enforced because its one of the laws of the game. We are one anyway and will return to our awareness of oneness anyway (while keeping our individuality - a seeming "contradiction" only for the mind).

Without identity, there is no individuality and without individuality there essentially is no true sentient life because thoughts ARE things...and our various thoughts, talents, memories, and experiences are each supremely and equally important for the purpose of making the multi-faceted jewel of humanity SHINE and SPARKLE brighter than the sun!

And so, as you say - the common idea of losing one's ego altogether is no better than being ruled by it. It must simply be in its proper place! A place for everything and everything in it's place. Good orderly direction. GOD-liness. Cleanliness is NOT next to godliness, orderliness is!

Absolutely.

What is that saying? Don't forget you are special and unique - just like everyone else!
But that is true - it is possible to remain special but not exert egoistic desires upon your environment. It is only when we seek the greater good that we can truly impact our world positively. When we think of what WE want or what we THINK we need (for, in truth, we have all we need, within) then the world is affected with negative energy.

In the thread entitled "7 Deadly sins" I already disagreed with your view concerning selfishness/selflessness. The analogy was the stewardess saying: "Put on your own oxygen mask before you attempt to help others put on theirs". Contrary to religious teaching which thinks we are born in sin, need to suffer and practice compassion, I believe we are born good and compassion is a NATURAL trait we have when we are feeling at ease (meaning when we have taken good care of ourSELVES).

That vacuum void of self must not suck the vitality - hopes, desires, dreams, potential - from the life around us. That is the root cause of the troubles in the modern world around us. But this is in the process of change, inexorable and inevitable change.

A shaman is a living interface between the tangible and the intangible worlds. His tools for 'magic' are symbols and their meanings in the culture and mind of his people - this has always been a localized community idea but even shamanism is entering a new age - leading into the new age, actually! The new shaman is an expert on the symbols of human culture, down through history and throughout the world.

This is the magic of peace and prosperity which is being conjured up even as I type this. It is gaining in momentum and power as more and more souls awaken to their potential day after day.

oh yes. yes, yes, yes.

By awakening to the light within and letting it shine unimpaired by ego's selfish cloud, the world's current dominating forces of greed and personal profit will continue to dissipate until the light of the human spirit will merge with divine illumination and the world will lose it's damaging darkness. Natural darkness is essential - but darkness from 'spiritual pollution' is more deadly than smog!

I tend to believe that we chose this pollution for practice purposes. And that it is not our job to save others but to purify oneSELF. Attempting to save/help others (impose beliefs on them, make them conform) adds to the darkness.

And so the idea of ego is not that we must lose it but that we must master self. With the greater heart which is the Buddha heart - the greater mind which is the mind of Christ - the eternal life which is the never-ending cycle of nature!

The promise is sealed in the vision of the rainbow crystal. This planet is that crystal.

This planet is that crystal. :-)

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Excellent thread. Very fascinating. One thought came to mind as I was reading it, and it's actually something that I have wondered about quite frequently for a couple years now. But before I share, let me preface by stating that I am not bringing up this topic from a religious (not to be confused with spiritual) perspective, nor do I wish to start a religion debate. I don't think that will happen though.

Okay. The thing that has, well, bugged me, for a while is prayer. As an ex-Christian I have experienced situations, heard stories, and known people, many of which were affected in some way by prayer. Now that I view those things from a different perspective, after going through a change in my spiritual beliefs, I cannot deny that prayer had some influence on some of the things I mentioned. I have had close friends, ones much older than myself, who were in rather grim situations with illnesses, only to be miraculously healed. They claimed it was God. But these situations were the focus of a lot of prayer. Or, taking this in the context of this thread, they were the focus of a lot of mental energy with the intent of changing the state of a persons health.

So, my question is this: Is it possible that prayer is, or can have the same affects as, shapeshifting?

Perhaps I am confusing this with the micro/macro pk that was mentioned. But the end product of some forms of prayer seems to reach the same end as the idea of shapeshifting being discussed. If I sit alone in my living room and focus my thoughts on my appearing thinner, and then someone walks in and perceives me as being thinner, that's one thing. But if, say, one hundred people all focus their thoughts on a single person, could such a strong amount of mental energy have a more profound affect to the point that it results in an actual physical change?

Just food for thought.
I hope this discussion continues!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Well, prayer (or meditation) is a mode of thought - a method of applying mental force to both the tangible and intangible world.

MIND is the organizing force and LIGHT is the energizing force. Together these are the CREATIVE force. Many call the creative force GOD and many call it evolution...many other names for the same thing.

But there must be both an architect (creator) and building materials (light) in order to build a city (life), and of course, builders (mind).

Metaphorically speaking, that is.

Mind is the builder...your life is the result.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

A book that adresses your question is "The Intention Experiment" by Lynn McTaggart.

In my opinion a certain type of prayer can have similar effects to "focussing energy", sure.

Humans are afraid of their own power so they will assign it to some "miracle" or "God" or "the wooooooooooooow paranormal man!" realm, but essentially they did it by wholehearted, undistracted focussing.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

But there must be both an architect (creator) and building materials (light) in order to build a city (life), and of course, builders (mind).

An additional analogy:

Action: Building a House
Emotion: The Building Materials
Belief: The Builders
Identity: The Architect (GAOTU)

Most people focus their energy on the first level only, the "action". One step more powerful would be to focus emotion, which is the driving force of action. Even more powerful is focussing belief (compacted thoughtform)which is the cause of emotion. And even more powerful is focussing identity (shapeshifting) which is the cause of all of the below.

posted on Oct, 9 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Thanks for the link Skyfloating. It's pretty fascinating.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Well if the only thing that isn't made by the mind in this reality is the spirit and the body is merely a outward projection of our inward views of ourselves i don't see any reason why someone with a strong mind couldn't shapeshift as you described.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HuntaXX

yeah, well its easy and its not. the average mind holds billions of concepts on how reality works and what reality is that the simplicity will be overlooked.

[edit on 10-10-2007 by Skyfloating]

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Shapeshifting Do-It-Yourself: A quick Manual

When you have a problem:

1. Lie down and get calm and silent. Remain lying until you are back at "zero".
2. Look at your side and "see" a version of yourself that is living in a parallel universe in which you never had that problem and never will have it. Get a clear impression.
3. Roll your body over to that side and identify with that version of you. Feel what it feels like to already be that person. Relax into that beingness.
4. In the days that follow, role-play that version of yourself, behave like that person. Speak, think, feel, act like that person. Reduce any reactions you might have had to the old issue.

Warning: When beginning this, only do it with minor and small issues until you build confidence in its effectivity. Overdoing it or grasping issues that are too big to believe-in will backfire.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 12:17 AM
link   
skyfloating-

will your method work with the process of trying to make yourself more powerful looking? (not scary powerful, like stronger, like powerful in terms of confidence.)

i studied shamanism in college, and we were taught, if you wanted to be 'invisible' just THINK you are a fox. (basic shapeshifting.) my teacher said to use it at parties to prove it works. but when i go to parties, i like to meet as many people as i can, so i never tried it.

i forgot the TRUE opposite would work. he also said, if you want to get noticed, think of yourself as a peacock, as they love to show off.

but, i never thought of shapeshifting into someone or something MORE CONFIDENT.

if someone can please explain how to do this, it would help me out big time. a friend of mine, (no joke!) is having some confidence issues, and i would love to at least tell her about this concept.

plus, i WOULD LOVE to add more confidence in my life as well. who would not want to be more confident more of the time? it would make striking up conversations 10 times easier!

if anyone has any more information on this subject, please chime in! im a newbie, so i cannot u2u yet! thanks in advance, and thanks for everyone who posted up to this point.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dantanna

I like the stuff your college teacher taught.

In yout post you asked for advice but youve already given the answers to the questions in your post yourself...if you havent noticed. So, this thread (including your post) already contains the answers to that question....you just need confidence to apply it....ooops....it was confidence you wanted, right?:-)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join