It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End is Near? Probably. How? You decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
These days a good portion of the world's population believes at least to some degree that the end of humanity might be rapidly approaching. There are beliefs in what may occur in 2012. There are prophesies around the world that seem to point to the world as we know it ending sometime soon. We have shows like "Mega-Disasters" to fuel the speculation of mass death and destruction through natural disasters. We have CERN firing up experiments that too me seem rather ominous. There is global warming to be concerned about, nuclear holocaust; the possibilities of third world war, the list goes on and on. So for this thread, lets take the assumption that humanity and/or the world will be decimated by 2060. Take this opportunity to post and discuss what is the most likely cause of the humanity's collapse by 2060. Be creative, be intelligent, have at least a little evidence, and have fun. The end of the world won't be fun for anyone, but this could be. I look forward to reading everyone's ideas.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
C'mon I figured people would jump all of this considering how many opinions on such things are running around, especially on this site.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well, I for one believe the "end of the world" will be "end of the world as we know it". Apocalypse also means unveiling. I think mankind is in for a big, positive surprise.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Absolutely agreed that it would be more along the lines of the end of the world as we know it. With that said how do you think such an end will come about?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
By the way, I sure seem to run into you often. lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Yeah, this site brings all the crazies together.

As for 2012, I hope it will be a global upgrade of consciousness from now until that time. There are some conspiracy theories supporting it (dna changes being kept secret and so on) so you can google around on it if you like. And there seems to be a unusual number of people experiencing new abilities, not to mention the indigo/crystal kids with high iq and paranormal abilities being born at the moment.

But its a controversial opinion that offers little scientific proof as far as I know, so many people have a hard time believing it. I kind of have the opinion that its fun to check out all these theories, so just in case they turn out to be true, I will know about it when it happens.

I am sometimes not good at expressing why I believe something, but Jim Marrs had a good explanation here so im just going to shamelessly link to it.... :p

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

That really was a great post by Mr. Marrs, I think that given a number of reasons that 2012 will certainly hold a good deal of significance... what? I really haven't decided yet. It might take having an open mind and living through it to find out. As far as indigo children, etc, I'm not really sure if I buy into it at all or not, but as always I appreciate you being around, thanks again. I wouldn't say that we're all crazies per se.... I prefer delightfully eccentric.

To everyone else who might actually take a look in here, feel free to use this thread for healthy debate as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I am doubting there will be any alien landings or some global higher consciousness movement. I'm actually going for some massive solar flare to slam into earth anytime between here and then.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
the end of the world huh....ok......

Every country by 2059 who has nuclear weapons uses them. The entire land of the earth is uninhabitable, all creatures that need to go to the surface of the water, die from radian poisoning. Maybe 2-3 hundred million people live in underground cities, built during the black government projects. Resources like food are processed by crops grown by artificial light. Drinking water is made by the urine, a process where a machine extracts the usable substance from the urine and is put in large tanks for storage, the waist is put though pipes which go directly to the surface.

Aliens check out our planet and are like……”another civilisation f@cked themselves over…”

It is illegal to have children, as the pupulation is already at its limits in the cities. Only 6 countries in the world have actual underground cities, including:, England, who has tunnels which lead to France and Germany, Russia, who has tunnels leading to China, Japan and Germany. Electricity is made from generators even more deeply built underground, in which are all connected through the tunnels.

The astronauts in satellites observing the world get taken to an alien world, where they are treated like gods….. and don’t actually know about the underground cities, and so just live a care free life.

100 years later and the world is still too radiated to live in, pregnancies are legal now, after many people have died over time, although it is very tight on who can and who can’t.

100 years later…. a problem with the generators makes all the cities powerless, everyone dies in 2 years…. the end….

[edit on 16-10-2007 by andre18]

new topics

top topics

join