It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the aurora plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the aurora plane is really what got me to come to ATS when i was doing research on it i came across ATS those many moons ago. and now i have a question. has anyone ever seen a video of it? seen real pictures of it? had any experiences? if you think you saw it or may have heard it i really dont care too much if you have pictures all though that would help. now on to why im so interested in the aurora when i was a kid this mustve been around 94-95 somewhere in there one night there was a series of sonic booms over clovis it was in the paper as sonic boom (singular) rocks clovis what got me is that now looking back im aware that airplanes arent allowed to go supersonic over cities unless theres something going on defense wise. clovis is located within a mile or two of cannon AFB and when i got to thinking about it kirtland may have been to out in the open since its close to albuquerqe for them to even want to attempt to land a black ops aircraft there. what i can still describe is that the sonic boom was very intense it rattelled the windows of my house and im assuming everyone in clovis's windows and they got further away to the west. it was so intense in fact that it rattled or solid oak front door violently two of our windows broke that night because of it. i didnt know about the aurora plane till many years later but im assuming thats what passed over that night because when my dad went outside within 20 seconds id estimate of hearing it there wasnt a plane in the sky.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My husband is very aware of this, as he is Air Force. Though I know nothing of it, because I have never been interesting in knowing. LOL

Have you ever lived anywhere near a base with B1s? The exact description of sound, shaking, etc. happens often when B1s take off. My whole house shakes, my heart pounds and my daughter and cat freak out. LOL
Im glad we are not at a B1 base anymore...but recently they visited us and brought back lots of heart stopping memories. LOL!

I didn't even know there was any controversy surrounding the Auroa until I came here. But I keep seeing mention of it. So, I'm going to see what my husband has to say

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
at the time clovis was a fighter wing and as far as i know we only had f-16 and f-15's at the base all of them were small aircraft i know that much cause those were the only thing ever in the skies. recently we became a spec ops base

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Gangster,

You are correct about regulations prohibiting military aircraft from going supersonic over populated areas...............But, and it's a big but......it happens.
There are any number of reasons and there can also be accidentals too. If you are within a hundred or so miles of a base it can actually be a pretty frequent thing...especially when it was happening around the early 90's.
I was stationed at Point Mugu and then at China Lake (VX 9) and we had our F 18's break it quite a few times...problem is, it doesn't have to happen above your house to hear it. Regarding the B1 comment in the previous post...believe me they are loud!

As far as your base not having them, well that may not always be the case as different aircraft can transit into and out of other airfields for a myriad of reasons....even foreign military aircraft..ever thought of that??? Just an FYI, you mentioned F 15's, well the E version packs some wicked burners in their rear ends and I wouldn't doubt what you may have heard could have been one of those on an exercise where the pilot just "forgot" about his airspeed for a moment!!??

Hope this helps, Peace, Mondo

[edit on 6-10-2007 by Mondogiwa]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Ummm, they make the air in your lungs vibrate below supersonic. They are so bloody loud you'd think the cement would start cracking. I had my own personal experience with one when we had some 'special' visitors back in 2004. Numerous ufo sightings this day beginning in a.m., that morning people were freaking out upon the shear number of con/chemtrails littering the sky. I was on holiday. Walking my dogs at around 1pm. I'd hear it, by the time I looked it was gone. Finally, I just stared to the north and within 10 minutes caught it. Jet black, classic b1 shape, only had eyes on for 3 seconds. I swear it did the most incredible turn by 'banking' its lead wing down like operated on servos. It was so fast I could easily be mistaken. It's the loudest roar I've ever heard, I would liken it to a b52 stratocaster on roids. Google 'Trivisanno ufo' for more info. www.ufocasebook.com...
Heres the link. The contrails they show were in afternoon. That morning it was surreal the number.

[edit on 6-10-2007 by jpm1602]

[edit on 6-10-2007 by jpm1602]

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Whatever our guys deployed on seemed to have an inordinant amout of interest around our two nuke plants, Perry and Davis Bessy. 'Funny' how we found out weeks later the peak plate on Davis Bessy was so eroded only a 16th of an inch of stainless steel was keeping us from a possible meltdown. Funny indeed. Media said of a 'flyby' that day of a 'pontoon plane' of all things. Cleveland gov went to red alert status for short time. Like 911 we'll never sort the details.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
About 12-13 years ago my ex wife and I were riding our mtbs in the sierra nevada mtns of central ca. We were looking up at the top of a hill on our left as we climbed.When I first looked up, there was nothing but blue sky, when I looked again about 30 seconds later we could see the "donuts on a rope" trail forming behind an aircraft headed to the southeast. And man it was fast, it only took a few seconds to dissapear over the crest of the mtns. A few seconds later was the sonic boom.
Last year on the second sat eve. of dec. A buddy and I were riding our motorcycles in the sierra's for a night ride. We stopped on a 4wd trail that had a view of the cities, below in the central valley. My friend, tapped me on the shoulder and said "hey look at that", and pointed to a spot low on the south eastern horizon. There was a very bright white point of light moving at very high speed to the northeast, it was much bighter than any star in the sky. It seemed to rapidly pulsate or twinkle, from the time we first saw it for about 10 seconds, till it "shut off". By "shutting off" I mean it was a bright white pulsating light, then it decreased in brightness and stopped pulsating to become a steady point of light. it was visible for another 10 seconds after that. It only took 20 seconds from trhe time we saw it rise over the horizon to dissapear to the northwest. There were other aircraft in the sky at the time, and you could hear the engines of an airliner that was flying over at the same time, and whatever we saw was much higher than the 25-30K' that commercial aircraft fly over the mtns here at. I know it wasnt a satellite, it made a slight change in course as it went over head, turning to the west a few degrees.
That was one of three occasions I have seen a very bright point of light start in the southeast and head off to the northwest, but the only time I saw the pulsing.
Groom Lake is about 100 miles to the southwest, from where we saw the "object".
I seem to remember that there was some sort of political brew ha ha going on in asia at the time, like north korea mouthing off or something.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by justanothergangster

Sorry to sound skeptical but do you think your dad saw nithing in the sky because a plane was travelling faster then the speed of sound? The sound wave wouldve have reached you after the plane, as it was moving slower than the plane. Just something for thought, thats all

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mods and users please disregard the above post......I read the article wrong......sorry

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The B1 is an awesome plane.. I have only seen one and thats when
I lived in Boise Idaho, one flew over our house and the noise
was indescribable but very cool

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
The B1 is an awesome plane.. I have only seen one and thats when
I lived in Boise Idaho, one flew over our house and the noise
was indescribable but very cool

Yes, she is by far my favorite jet. My husband used to be a weapons loader on the B1. He knows that jet inside and out - literally. I miss hearing her, despite the heart pounding she creates. LOL

Anyways, I forgot to ask my DH about the Aurora. Will get to that!

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Speaking of B-1's, I live in a little town in Southwest Louisiana. (About 10 miles south of Fort Polk) and the nearest AF Base is about 100 miles north of here, (Barksdale AFB) But for some reason, Air Force jets circle the town on a daily basis more or less. So far, I've been able to identify F-15's, F-16's and about 3 months ago, a B-1 did banks around the town at about 500 feet for 3 or so hours one day. As Barksdale houses mostly B-52's and A-10's, I've yet to figure out where these aircraft are coming from......

[edit on 8-10-2007 by Zenagain]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Yes, it is an absolutely beautiful plane.. I mean the B2 is very unique and very beautiful in its own way, a flying wing.. so futuristic, i love it but the B1 is just in a class all by itself.
I really felt privileged to see such an awesome piece of engineering in flight..
The roar of the engines was unforgettable and music to my ears

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Speaking of B-1's, I live in a little town in Southwest Louisiana. (About 10 miles south of Fort Polk) and the nearest AF Base is about 100 miles north of here, (Barksdale AFB) But for some reason, Air Force jets circle the town on a daily basis more or less. So far, I've been able to identify F-15's, F-16's and about 3 months ago, a B-1 did banks around the town at about 500 feet for 3 or so hours one day. As Barksdale houses mostly B-52's and A-10's, I've yet to figure out where these aircraft are coming from......

It could be an exercise. Or, maybe a jet was in flight, and needed to land for refueling or to fix something.....or a break for the pilots in between a long flight.

Every once in awhile, we get a random jet landing here for a day or 2.

new topics

top topics

join