It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As seen on youtube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I've noticed lately that is seams a large amount of new post's are nothing more than links to YouTube.I will be the first to admit that I'm buy no means a master poster but if I wanted to watch video's from YouTube I would.So maybe we could have a forum just for Youtube videos .

disclaimer: I (deadcat) am not posting for points,I have no agenda to push,nothing to prove.I have no degree in anything, don't need one And I'm not claiming to be a master or pro .This post is based only on my personal observation

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
We encourage YouTube videos, as well as google video, which is why we added the ability to easily embed them into posts. However, like news stories, we encourage commentary regarding the video being shown. A post should not simply be a video response, but a video in conjunction with the member's comments regarding the video.

As to going to YouTube if you wanted to watch YouTube, there are a multitude of videos on that website, and it's not always easy to locate quality videos amongst the garbage. This is another reason we encourage this. There are videos on every subject under the sun there. This is also why a single forum for YouTube would be too general.

Hope that explains why we don't have a specific forum for it and will continue to encourage vids

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sometimes a youtube video is a commentary on the thread, it might say things better then a comment, although I agree a short sum up is needed.

Like if someone said a person never said something, the easiest comment is a youtube video.

Also you can show the linking between common groups, and methods of group think by showing a few links with common messages.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   
The only issue I have with Youtube or Google video threads is when it is a one liner saying something like "look at this"

Please, please, please always include a opinion, a brief summary, something, anything, more than "look at this video I found".

and for those who don't know...

1 Line Threads and that applies to all threads, not just video ones.

top topics

join