It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hopi/sumerian parrallels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
I'm uncertain where the in SW US the Hopi would consider their nations 'center"

Oraibi, Arizona. It is near Tuscon. It isn't the center of the modern Hopi goverment anymore but it is the traditional ancestral 'capital.'

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerkinana walsky
ok lets test this Hypothesis....

...next

google is your friend

Well, it is quoted in a book of which the forward is written by H.H. the Dalai Lama himself("Book of Tibetan Elders").

And the author(Sandy Johnson), if I'm not mistaken, had also met with Hopi Elders as well.

I'll have to look into that more.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

If we test it we find, that a hole dug in Tibet ends up in the South Pacific somewhat near Easter Island (mysterious what)

Tibet 29 22 56 North 086 39 37 E

South Pacific 29 22 56 S 093 20 23 W

How is that calculated?

Longitude spans 180 degrees, either east or west. And so the mirror-location of 86E would be 86W, NOT 93W.

Besides the fact that those are not correct coordinates for the named locations.

29 N 22, 86 E 39 is Sangsang, China.
29 S 39, 91 E 07 is in the Pacific Ocean, with no land nearby.

Lhasa, China (Tibet) is: 29 N 39, 91 E 07
Hanga Roa, Chile (Easter Island) is: 27 S 09, 109 W 25
Oraibi, Arizona is: 35 N 53, 110 W 37

Going straight across the northern hemisphere from Lhasa puts you near Morgan City, Louisiana, at 29 N 42, 91 W 11.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
HowdyQueenannie

How was it calculated - by clicking on

map.talleye.com...

Then clicking on the approximate location of Tibet-it would appear I missed!

If we test it we find, that a hole dug in Tibet ends up in the South Pacific somewhat near Easter Island (mysterious what)

Tibet 29 22 56 North 086 39 37 E

South Pacific 29 22 56 S 093 20 23 W

""29 N 22, 86 E 39 is Sangsang, China.
29 S 39, 91 E 07 is in the Pacific Ocean, with no land nearby.

Lhasa, China (Tibet) is: 29 N 39, 91 E 07
Hanga Roa, Chile (Easter Island) is: 27 S 09, 109 W 25
Oraibi, Arizona is: 35 N 53, 110 W 37""

Going straight across the northern hemisphere from Lhasa puts you near Morgan City, Louisiana, at 29 N 42, 91 W 11.

The point was of course to show that the Hopi nation is not directly across from the Tibet, by either direct line or straight line.

[edit on 3-11-2007 by Hanslune]

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

map.talleye.com...If I dig a hole thru the earth...

I'm uncertain where the in SW US the Hopi would consider their nations 'center"

generally the "4 corners", the nearest big town would be Gallup, NM.
my old; 'If I dig a hole thru the earth...' link expired,
thanks--i refreshed with your active link, i think the 'dig-a-hole' is a useful tool to have at ready.

the only fault with the dig tool is that it must go through the center of the Earth...where as the Hopi wording may really mean the opposite side of the earth, or exactly 180 degrees away.

Hopi (4 corners/Gallup) is averaged: 35.27.38N X107.34.31W
and your coordinates for Tibet are: 29.22.56N X 86.39.37E

all in all a pretty close approximation...probably first realized during that
Hippy invasion spoken of in an earlier post (by Essan?), when the wishfull altruists produced a globe with the grid lines and pointed out that 'weirdness' of a Hopi-Tibet connection, which quietly gained a folklore status.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If one goes from four corners you end up in the Indian ocean.

If you say that the Hopi nation is kinda on the other side of the Earth from Tibet- then you are correct of course. The problem with that is, ultimately, so what?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
ok so is it too late to point out that going directly through the centre of the earth isn't going to be a great idea if you don't have some very impressive protective equipment as its kinda hot and theres a lot of pressure

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Sorry but the four corners are at Chaco Canyon. Far from Gallup.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I tried from the Chaco Canyon Arizona cooridinates and yet couldnt get the area where it ened at? Help? This is fun.

35 39 36 N 109 05 41 W Chaco canyon starting point.

I have often pondered the ley lines of the earth and where the different points join cross and intersect. Energy grids are very real. Gaia has veins and centers too.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Chaco Canyon is not on Hopi land; it never has been. The people that lived there, the Anasazi, pre-date the Hopi by many centuries (athough the Hopi do consider the Anasazi their ancestors). It is in New Mexico, not Arizona - and the nearest airports are Farmington, NM, Gallup, NM, Durango,CO, and Albuquerque, NM.

The Four Corners Monument is exactly at the intersection of Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico. It is on Navajo Nation land and abuts the Ute reservation in Colorado.

The present-day Hopi Tribal Government is located in Kykotsmovi Village, Arizona; sometimes called New Oraibi.

Old Oraibi is the oldest continuously settled community in the US. The people who live at the original Oraibi have kept to the old ways more closely than the other communities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join